OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

do you know any stores still sellin those white black TBs near California?
If you find out let a homie know...or pick me up a size 10. I just bought another pair of the white/black/silver TBs, they look too good on the court and now I have less anxiety about running out of 8s to ball in.

If you find out let a homie know...or pick me up a size 10. I just bought another pair of the white/black/silver TBs, they look too good on the court and now I have less anxiety about running out of 8s to ball in.
havent seen one yet.

please help your fellowniketalkers to find one :smile: let us know if there's an 11 white TBs out there near CA

or anyone knows what store sells kobe 8s near california :smile: i would be really glad lol imma rep anyone for that :3

So where do these measure up with the rest of the Kobe line in comfort? I have the 7s,8s, and 9s and I think they are tied with both of the elite 9s

So where do these measure up with the rest of the Kobe line in comfort? I have the 7s,8s, and 9s and I think they are tied with both of the elite 9s
Started from the Bottom now they here.

8's are the best overall, but I agree with you the 9 is more comfortable. The EM version. I haven't UNDS any of my 9 elite lows to tell you how they feel throughout the day.

:smokin

Started from the Bottom now they here.

8's are the best overall, but I agree with you the 9 is more comfortable. The EM version. I haven't UNDS any of my 9 elite lows to tell you how they feel throughout the day.
The Elite 9 Lows feel like the 8's in comfort, but there are a few differences. 

-9's have a comfier tongue

-9's have carbon fiber in the midsole area

-8's have better ventilation

But overall, I still prefer the 8's.  They are a classic for me.  The colorways they came out with completely shatter what's on the 9's.  And the $140 price point is much more reasonable than the $200 for the Elite 9 lows.  Also, my avy.

8 > 9 here as well

But I might get a pair of the 9 lows once a solid cw comes out just because they're the closest thing to the 8s. Do the soles of the 9s play noticeably bulky coming from the 8s?

8 > 9 here as well

But I might get a pair of the 9 lows once a solid cw comes out just because they're the closest thing to the 8s. Do the soles of the 9s play noticeably bulky coming from the 8s?
What do you mean by bulky?

And are you talking about the Elite 9s or EM 9s?

8 > 9 here as well

The court feel of the 9s is slightly less than what you get from the 8s, but it is still excellent.  

For me, the downfall with the 9 highs is a 'slappiness' to them in transition (for lack of a better term) and from what I've experienced, your heel does not sit still very well in them causing the overall transition to just feel sloppy.  Your heel doesn't sit quite as still because there is less padding directly around your ankle bones to keep the heel from lifting up.  Pairing that with the fact that the upper tapers off higher as it reaches the base of your ankle and the heel just doesn't quite sit as still.

This is just what I have experienced and why the 9 Elite Highs score a little lower in my book.  The 2 low versions however are MUCH better in this category.  No issues there for me.

Don't know if this helps or not.  I love both the 8 and 9, but I'm impressed with how good of court feel you still get despite the thicker lunar insert.  Could be that the outsole is even more flexible and the traction is even better.  But for sure the 9 lows over the highs for me

The court feel of the 9s is slightly less than what you get from the 8s, but it is still excellent.  

For me, the downfall with the 9 highs is a 'slappiness' to them in transition (for lack of a better term) and from what I've experienced, your heel does not sit still very well in them causing the overall transition to just feel sloppy.  Your heel doesn't sit quite as still because there is less padding directly around your ankle bones to keep the heel from lifting up.  Pairing that with the fact that the upper tapers off higher as it reaches the base of your ankle and the heel just doesn't quite sit as still.

This is just what I have experienced and why the 9 Elite Highs score a little lower in my book.  The 2 low versions however are MUCH better in this category.  No issues there for me.

Don't know if this helps or not.  I love both the 8 and 9, but I'm impressed with how good of court feel you still get despite the thicker lunar insert.  Could be that the outsole is even more flexible and the traction is even better.  But for sure the 9 lows over the highs for me

Is that lack of heel lockdown fixed with the low top version? They look more padded around the ankle area vs the highs.
But I prefer lows so the Elites are not even in my radar.

I agree with the 8s having better cws. Many of the 9s are too loud imo.

Last edited:
Is that lack of heel lockdown fixed with the low top version? They look more padded around the ankle area vs the highs.

I had no problems with heel lockdown when I was wearing my Elite lows.  Even though they didn't have any specific thing to support the ankle (unlike the 8's), I had no problems with heel slippage. 

As long as you tie your shoes well, you are good to go.

Yes -- that lack of heel lockdown is definitely fixed with the low top 9s.  The lockdown is solid from heel to toe for me in both lowtop versions.  EMs are the better of the two imo

Some might think I'm crazy for saying the Elite 9 HIGHS have poor heel lockdown, but just because the shoes upper extends high up your ankle, doesn't mean your heel stays in place.  Wearing the highs, I constantly feel like my heel is being lifted out a little bit.  Your foot is caught by the secure upper half, but this makes for sort of an awkward feeling.

Last edited:
Oregon factory store has Red Suede EXT's for $119 plus 20% off right now.  just  did a phone order for a size 12 for $111 shipped. They have one more size 12 and i forgot to ask about other sizes sorry.

503-281-5901

Can some one help me out with a comparison of sizing/fit between the 8's vs the 6's please, I wear a sz 11 in the 8

I'm looking to buy an 11.5 in the 6 and I had owned sz 11 in a couple other CW's, but sold 'em & can't remember the fit

Would I be good or would they feel too big?

Can some one help me out with a comparison of sizing/fit between the 8's vs the 6's please, I wear a sz 11 in the 8

I'm looking to buy an 11.5 in the 6 and I had owned sz 11 in a couple other CW's, but sold 'em & can't remember the fit

actually 6 runs just a little bit bigger than the 8s imo.. i'm 10.5 tts... i can somewhat fit a sz 10 6s, but i can't fit a sz 10 8s

I agree with @isniker  .  The 6s fit slightly bigger than 8s.     For me , I can wear size 10 in kobe 8s , np .   but for kobe 6 size 10 is a little too big for me.  My TTS is 9.5.  

but i dont think its that big of a deal if you really want those kobe 6s. just wear thicker socks or tie your shoe tighter might do the trick.  

Thanks for the replies

I'll probably end up with the 11.5 and just see if it ends up looking too big on me.

I agree with @isniker  .  The 6s fit slightly bigger than 8s.     For me , I can wear size 10 in kobe 8s , np .   but for kobe 6 size 10 is a little too big for me.  My TTS is 9.5.  

but i dont think its that big of a deal if you really want those kobe 6s. just wear thicker socks or tie your shoe tighter might do the trick.  
Surprised to hear this. My only 6s are the Preludes and I find they fit significantly smaller than any other Kobe shoe I own (and I own multiple pairs of 1s, 2s, 8s and 9s). I've heard others say the same. Did they mess up the sizing on the Prelude 6s?

Surprised to hear this. My only 6s are the Preludes and I find they fit significantly smaller than any other Kobe shoe I own (and I own multiple pairs of 1s, 2s, 8s and 9s). I've heard others say the same. Did they mess up the sizing on the Prelude 6s?

Yea they prob did cause the 6s do fit roomy.

Back
Top Bottom