OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I wish Nike still sold kobe 8s..

Agreed.

Today's wear

Found a package deal, yay or nay?

Kobe 8 Area 72 Sports Pack DS

Kobe 8 Green PP

$350 shipped
i say no. the green PP is not a must have. The ASG is fire but just cop the reg version for under 200

Question for those that have worn their xmas ss. Does the upper turn yellow and look really dirty after some wear?

Last edited:
i'm so sad.. i can't play in the kobe 8's anymore. every time i do, i get a shin splint on my left leg.. go figure, i'm a 1 foot jumper and my left legs my jumping leg.

there's just not enough cushioning in the shoe. i need some zoom insoles (lebron 11's?) but i don't feel like buying lebrons just for that :smh:

i'm so sad.. i can't play in the kobe 8's anymore. every time i do, i get a shin splint on my left leg.. go figure, i'm a 1 foot jumper and my left legs my jumping leg.

there's just not enough cushioning in the shoe. i need some zoom insoles (lebron 11's?) but i don't feel like buying lebrons just for that :smh:

Bummer man, so does that mean you're looking to offload some VNDS Kobes for a good price? If so, what's your size and what do you have?

I think you can get lebron xi for a good deal and just switch the insole when you play. It does raise you foot a lot higher and your shoes are going to fit a lot tighter because of it.

As a fellow one foot jumper, try not heel striking on your jump (or in general). Should eliminate your shin splints over time as it did mine. The answer to a repeated stress injury isn't more cushioning it's addressing the biomechanics

As a fellow one foot jumper, try not heel striking on your jump (or in general). Should eliminate your shin splints over time as it did mine. The answer to a repeated stress injury isn't more cushioning it's addressing the biomechanics

Thanks for the advice. Might be hard to change the mechanics but ill try. I've been jumping like this for 20+ years.

there's just not enough cushioning in the shoe. i need some zoom insoles (lebron 11's?) but i don't feel like buying lebrons just for that
mean.gif
The Bron XI insoles are awesome, but your foot will definitely sit higher in the shoe which could throw off the lockdown.  I have put them in a pair of my 8s but haven't actually played in them with that insole yet.  I think it could work... not 100% sure though.  Now that you mention it, it reminds me that I never gave it a shot and I'm curious.  I'll try and give it a go soon and report back 

Last edited:

The Bron XI insoles are awesome, but your foot will definitely sit higher in the shoe which could throw off the lockdown.  I have put them in a pair of my 8s but haven't actually played in them with that insole yet.  I think it could work... not 100% sure though.  Now that you mention it, it reminds me that I never gave it a shot and I'm curious.  I'll try and give it a go soon and report back 
I tired it once but never balled in them but it did feel like the EM was going to rip if  you did go hard in them. I know somebody in this thread has tried them before. I think your XI insole has to be worn in a little bit just so your foot can fit more snug into the shoe.

I tired it once but never balled in them but it did feel like the EM was going to rip if  you did go hard in them. I know somebody in this thread has tried them before. I think your XI insole has to be worn in a little bit just so your foot can fit more snug into the shoe.
Good call.  The XI insole I tried was broken in decently so that helped --  I had played in my bron XIs quite a bit.  The EM ripping potential is a good point too.  

Back
Top Bottom