*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

What exercises.

I'm 5'3 for reference and grabbed rim again a week ago. Last time I dunked was in 2002
This kid already had big thighs from natural playing. So we did a lot of foot and ankle exercises and hip flexor strengthening to better transfer his leg strength.

Single leg RDL, tibialis raises, hanging leg raises with dumbbell in your feet, that sort of thing. Grabbing rim / dunking at 5’3 is incredible man. I’m 6 foot but my standing reach is only 7’8 and my vert is like 32-34” these days at age 36

This kid already had big thighs from natural playing. So we did a lot of foot and ankle exercises and hip flexor strengthening to better transfer his leg strength.

Single leg RDL, tibialis raises, hanging leg raises with dumbbell in your feet, that sort of thing. Grabbing rim / dunking at 5’3 is incredible man. I’m 6 foot but my standing reach is only 7’8 and my vert is like 32-34” these days at age 36
Idek what my standing reach or wingspan is, haven’t tested. I have long ah arms tho, I’m sooo close to dunking. (I’m 6’ 2” btw)

I wanna get to the point where I can dunk with ease so ima start hitting legs hard

Idek what my standing reach or wingspan is, haven’t tested. I have long ah arms tho, I’m sooo close to dunking. (I’m 6’ 2” btw)

I wanna get to the point where I can dunk with ease so ima start hitting legs hard
I gotta make a routine for you. Wish you could get instagram cause I have all my training documented on it lol. For young athletes I have them focus on these

1. Trap bar deadlifts
2. Weighted lunges / split squats
3. Single leg deadlift
4. Lateral lunges
5. Hamstring curls
6. Calf raises and tibialis raises
7. Reverse crunches / hanging leg raises / L sit holds.

Plyo stuff (in order of difficulty / progression )
1. One leg line hops
2. Two foot ankle bounced
3. Alternating Lunge jumps
4. Seated jumps
5. Depth drops / jumps
6. Broad jumps
7. Bounding / sprinting

You should try the 15s. That shoe was so unstable without the outrigger that lebron had on his personal pairs. I tweaked my ankle once and deemed it wasn't worth playing in them.

Yeah they were definitely unstable, I almost twisted my ankle twice just stopping in them :rofl:

I wasn't even actually playing basketball, I was shooting around. Ran to get the ball and stopped I guess too quickly for the shoes and my ankle rolled.

Not a lot but it made me realize that I had to get rid of the shoes.

I also had the black\gum pair that had horrible traction. I wasn't playing on the cleanest court but they were still very bad.

Man I don’t know guys the 15’s worked for me overall…recall that they weren’t the best, but that cushioning was nice enough were I had plenty pairs in rotation

DC02CDB7-6131-438B-864C-497D686064C7.jpeg

58F68CFE-A348-4553-9F3A-B23E488EB9B5.jpeg

3675646B-C6DD-4BFD-8173-D957D2A51AEE.jpeg

Couldn’t get super shifty in them but basic crossover, quick left to right stuff def playable for me. Did take some time adjusting to the height

Attachments

• 32CECE86-FDFA-435A-BF9D-BF42E8B208EF.jpeg
    32CECE86-FDFA-435A-BF9D-BF42E8B208EF.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 63
Man I don’t know guys the 15’s worked for me overall…recall that they weren’t the best, but that cushioning was nice enough were I had plenty pairs in rotation

DC02CDB7-6131-438B-864C-497D686064C7.jpeg

58F68CFE-A348-4553-9F3A-B23E488EB9B5.jpeg

3675646B-C6DD-4BFD-8173-D957D2A51AEE.jpeg

Couldn’t get super shifty in them but basic crossover, quick left to right stuff def playable for me. Did take some time adjusting to the height
Man I love that pink pair. 15’s aesthetically look sick

Rotated between the 15 and the Jordan 32 at the time. Cushion on the 15's were great, but that lack of an outrigger had me in some close calls. Would switch to the Jordan 32 which had an outrigger but couldn't stand the lack of cushion in comparison to the Bron 15.

I gotta make a routine for you. Wish you could get instagram cause I have all my training documented on it lol. For young athletes I have them focus on these

1. Trap bar deadlifts
2. Weighted lunges / split squats
3. Single leg deadlift
4. Lateral lunges
5. Hamstring curls
6. Calf raises and tibialis raises
7. Reverse crunches / hanging leg raises / L sit holds.

Plyo stuff (in order of difficulty / progression )
1. One leg line hops
2. Two foot ankle bounced
3. Alternating Lunge jumps
4. Seated jumps
5. Depth drops / jumps
6. Broad jumps
7. Bounding / sprinting

Tried a few of those lung things in the insta vid, I can definitely see those being effective.

Are box jumps and/or squats even effective for building your vertical? Or is that a myth?

Tried a few of those lung things in the insta vid, I can definitely see those being effective.

Are box jumps and/or squats even effective for building your vertical? Or is that a myth?

Box jumps are useful if you aren’t trying to go for max height. Just repeated jumps on a medium box to work on technique. It’s more effective when you jump off a box and bounce off the floor, that’s called a depth jump.

Squats are good for overall strength but they require a lot more stability and mobility than the single leg stuff, especially for taller guys it’s hard to keep balance to do squats properly. I would keep squats medium weight but do them explosively. I do a lot of squats cause I like them, but they aren’t growing my vert much at my age lol.

Maybe we should start a general basketball training / workout thread

Last edited:
I keep saying I’m going to wear these but never get around to doing so. I couldn’t even tell you why I don’t. Only 16s I have but one of my favorites for sure.
C3FF55BA-3E48-490D-BA70-1C1B3E76BAA9.jpeg
23800D8D-42D2-4307-AEB2-BAAAFE92B253.jpeg
7C084DC5-BAA6-4EB6-AEC7-F59AD38E4785.jpeg
I was bidding on this on stock x but the seller never accepted my offer. Really like that colorway!! He was asking 135 and I had my bid at 120

B bigHazy32 James_O James_O
Y’all follow isaiah Rivera?

He has a good amount of content about weight training specifically for vertical

it was either him or basketbarth who said if they had to choose one thing for vert, it would be jumping. Like literally jumping. A gazillion times.

B bigHazy32 James_O James_O
Y’all follow isaiah Rivera?

He has a good amount of content about weight training specifically for vertical

it was either him or basketbarth who said if they had to choose one thing for vert, it would be jumping. Like literally jumping. A gazillion times.
Yeah I’ve been watching Isaiah since he was like 14. Crazy man. He puts in the work but def has elite genetics too.

I was bidding on this on stock x but the seller never accepted my offer. Really like that colorway!! He was asking 135 and I had my bid at 120
I really want the blue Superbron pair but I wonder is it really worth it, especially when I barely wear these.
2A877FCB-1A65-4AB2-AAED-C2F967AC6080.jpeg

I keep saying I’m going to wear these but never get around to doing so. I couldn’t even tell you why I don’t. Only 16s I have but one of my favorites for sure.
C3FF55BA-3E48-490D-BA70-1C1B3E76BAA9.jpeg
23800D8D-42D2-4307-AEB2-BAAAFE92B253.jpeg
7C084DC5-BAA6-4EB6-AEC7-F59AD38E4785.jpeg

Yo! Someone finally accepted my $125! Bid for these on stock x. Came out to 145 with shipping and fees. Really excited to get these in hand and on feet. Probably going to wear them casually and to shoot around at the park with my son. Love the comfort of the 16 but the lateral lockdown is a little lacking for me in competitive play. These are gonna look so fire with some shorts or joggers, can’t wait!

Back
Top Bottom