STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

B bigHazy32 , thanks for clarifying the squats/box jumps thing.

This dude at the UK fitness center told me that squats (weighted and body weight) and box jumps were the best way to improve your vert, but he was a freshman so he prolly didn’t know his stuff

I’m definitely interested in that plyometric stuff, I’ve never tried it but I like the idea as opposed to lifting weights.

Can’t beat this stupid cold (sickness). Not even severe, just got me feeling 75-80%, going on day 3. Just groggy, congested, and tired/weak. I haven’t been sick in forever. Went too hard a few nights ago and woke up hungover af and haven’t been able to shake it. Mainly resting, hydrating, and loading up on vitamins/airborne.

Agreed^

Being physically slim, less wrinkles, and having a full head of hair really helps men in the 25 to 50 age range look young.

Sun screen helps for white people, I’ve worked outside for 10 years but I use sunscreen so I don’t look like a tanned wrinkled nut sack when I’m old.
My dad is half filipino so he tans like crazy. Of course I didn’t get those genes and I’m pale af lmao

In fact he tans so much when he was a teenager and dating his first girlfriend, he went over to her house to meet her dad, and he told him to never talk to her again because he didn’t want a Mexican dating his daughter 😬

I got kicked out of a house too because of an interracial relationship. :lol: some things never change.

I’m Irish and German so yeah, I just get burned. :lol:

Last edited:
As far as how people look as they age… hair genetics is a huge factor imo

3 things- facial hair, greys, and balding

I’m just a contradiction in every way so people have no idea about me. Which I think mixed races tend to be

Still prepping for my first meet in March.

Was supposed to hit a double @385 (my all time PR for a single, albeit ~10-15 lbs lighter body weight), but I'm traveling and the Y's rack/bar were kinda sketchy so I racked after a single. Think the double is there, though.

Happy New Year fam and excited to see everyone grow in the next year!
0C8A1FBE-9FEC-4332-94FC-11500C8971B4.png

B bigHazy32 , thanks for clarifying the squats/box jumps thing.

This dude at the UK fitness center told me that squats (weighted and body weight) and box jumps were the best way to improve your vert, but he was a freshman so he prolly didn’t know his stuff

I’m definitely interested in that plyometric stuff, I’ve never tried it but I like the idea as opposed to lifting weights.

depending on how actually you do them they can improve your vert…not so much the weighted jumps tho again if done in a specific way it can help.

Im thinking about joining a flag football league. RIP to my knees.

(flag) football is so much fun but definitely an injury waiting to happen for most…good luck with that tho

Was supposed to hit a double @385 (my all time PR for a single, albeit ~10-15 lbs lighter body weight), but I'm traveling and the Y's rack/bar were kinda sketchy so I racked after a single. Think the double is there, though.

impressive depth w/great form ⏸️ 😂

depending on how actually you do them they can improve your vert…not so much the weighted jumps tho again if done in a specific way it can help.
I think ima stick with plyometric stuff for now. I wanna try to upload a vid here of me tryna dunk but idk how without YT

As far as how people look as they age… hair genetics is a huge factor imo

3 things- facial hair, greys, and balding

I’m just a contradiction in every way so people have no idea about me. Which I think mixed races tend to be
Ya I used to cut my hair with no guard, maybe the last idk 8mths or so I brought back the lineup like Jada. I got people thinking I'm legit 10yrs younger than I am, even with Greys in my beard. Someone at work asked me if I was fresh out of college :lol:

Lifestyle is another factor as well. If you smoke cigs, drink alcohol, poor diet. That stuff catches up with you and makes you look older too.

Ya I used to cut my hair with no guard, maybe the last idk 8mths or so I brought back the lineup like Jada. I got people thinking I'm legit 10yrs younger than I am, even with Greys in my beard. Someone at work asked me if I was fresh out of college :lol:

Lifestyle is another factor as well. If you smoke cigs, drink alcohol, poor diet. That stuff catches up with you and makes you look older too.
Yea, baldy with a beard and some greys is a good way to look older, and being brolic adds to that too

I think ima stick with plyometric stuff for now. I wanna try to upload a vid here of me tryna dunk but idk how without YT

ig? plyometrics, especially with the goal of improving your vert, can be pretty intense…max intent box jumps, not necessarily for the height of boxes but with the goal of jumping as high as possible and landing on the box with minimal knee bend gets you more reps while saving you from having to absorb the landings

With Josh retired, you're my new NikeTalk Gym Rival. Imma call you Ash.
birdman2.png

What's your weight class gonna be, Ash? How long you been paying the Iron Price? What's your best of the Big 3 lifts?

And since we're sworn enemies now, a belated Merry Chrimuh and Happy New Yerr.
full

I'll see you on the battlefield. Smell you later, Ketchum.
birdman2.png

Back
Top Bottom