OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

^they did...it's the regular $140 version
This...don't get how people keep missing that. Supremes are more for the true ballplayers. If you're just down for casual wear, I'm sure they'll have plenty of colorways coming out for the regular version to keep everyone happy.
True but with a tounge that's connected to the insole. I want a tounge thats connected to the shoe not the insole. 
I'm pretty sure that's what the regular version is, with a tongue connected to the shoe. These Tour Yellows/Inlines that we're getting all these pics of are Supremes, not the regular version.

Originally Posted by gentry187

I'm liking the VII's so far. No real complaints from me. But it's looking like they'll be taking the backseat this year.

Lebron IX > KD IV > Kobe VII
I feel the same way so far, though the Lebron 9s are the only ones I've seen in person/held in my hand. Gotta wait til December for the final verdict when I can see the other two up close.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

This...don't get how people keep missing that. Supremes are more for the true ballplayers. If you're just down for casual wear, I'm sure they'll have plenty of colorways coming out for the regular version to keep everyone happy.
True but with a tounge that's connected to the insole. I want a tounge thats connected to the shoe not the insole. 
I'm pretty sure that's what the regular version is, with a tongue connected to the shoe. These Tour Yellows/Inlines that we're getting all these pics of are Supremes, not the regular version.
I was under the impression that the Black/Grey/White were the regular version. Those don't have have the ankle sleeve but the tounge is connected to the insole.

Originally Posted by gentry187

I'm liking the VII's so far. No real complaints from me. But it's looking like they'll be taking the backseat this year.

Lebron IX > KD IV > Kobe VII

In my opinion KD IV>>>>>>>>>Kobe VII>LeBron IX (not a very good looking shoe, especially the medial side)

This all in terms of aesthetics and not performance.

Man....I'm pretty bummed about the VII. Maybe some better colorways, or seeing them in person might help. I've been stewing over them since the pics dropped, and just not feeling it. The proportions are all wrong. The V and VI are pure fire. The VI is the best basketball shoe ever made (for people that like low light weight shoes, that mold to your feet).

I'm going to be backfilling some of the VIs I passed on during the year. Might pick up a couple pairs of VII, but nothing thats been leaked yet. Good thing some crazy retro J's are dropping to keep my cash flow heading to Nike.

Man....I'm pretty bummed about the VII. Maybe some better colorways, or seeing them in person might help. I've been stewing over them since the pics dropped, and just not feeling it. The proportions are all wrong. The V and VI are pure fire. The VI is the best basketball shoe ever made (for people that like low light weight shoes, that mold to your feet).

I'm going to be backfilling some of the VIs I passed on during the year. Might pick up a couple pairs of VII, but nothing thats been leaked yet. Good thing some crazy retro J's are dropping to keep my cash flow heading to Nike.

I'm actually really liking these 7s, the regular and supreme versions. I really believe that having the insoles attached to the tongue/ankle braces will make a significant difference performance-wise.

It's like Nike is offering the regular 7s for those who want a shoe that could be worn casually, and the supremes for those who would use them strictly to hoop; which I think will still look good casually with shorts despite the exposed ankle brace.

I can only imagine how the Elites are going to be. If it's like a basketball version of the Mercurial Superfly's, count me in...

I'm actually really liking these 7s, the regular and supreme versions. I really believe that having the insoles attached to the tongue/ankle braces will make a significant difference performance-wise.

It's like Nike is offering the regular 7s for those who want a shoe that could be worn casually, and the supremes for those who would use them strictly to hoop; which I think will still look good casually with shorts despite the exposed ankle brace.

I can only imagine how the Elites are going to be. If it's like a basketball version of the Mercurial Superfly's, count me in...

^^^ the lebron 9's are no where near better looking than the 7's nor the kd 4's as of now the kd4's are taking it till some colorways that do the 7 justice come out, no colorway can help the design of the lebron 9, just my opinion

^^^ the lebron 9's are no where near better looking than the 7's nor the kd 4's as of now the kd4's are taking it till some colorways that do the 7 justice come out, no colorway can help the design of the lebron 9, just my opinion

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

So I figured out what I don't like about the VIIs.. Starting with the IVs, you had that nice clean look around the ankles.. Then Vs, it kind of disappeared into being all upper.. Same with VIs.. Did Kobe have ankle issues during the season? These look way more reinforced than any other Kobe in the past 4 years.

A proposed PS of a seamless upper and extended swoosh,
b0e15e4b7e411536d412c50cced64ea0b6b5912_r.jpg

Does it look too similar to the previous models?

If you're going seamless, go all out or not at all. The other models look like advancements or future models compared to the VIIs...

It may be a little tougher to pattern the upper that way....

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

So I figured out what I don't like about the VIIs.. Starting with the IVs, you had that nice clean look around the ankles.. Then Vs, it kind of disappeared into being all upper.. Same with VIs.. Did Kobe have ankle issues during the season? These look way more reinforced than any other Kobe in the past 4 years.

A proposed PS of a seamless upper and extended swoosh,
b0e15e4b7e411536d412c50cced64ea0b6b5912_r.jpg

Does it look too similar to the previous models?

If you're going seamless, go all out or not at all. The other models look like advancements or future models compared to the VIIs...

It may be a little tougher to pattern the upper that way....

Gotta agree with those people saying they look like a step backward. The V's looked unbelievably futuristic, then the vi looked about the same, just using the scales. With the VII's weve seen so far, they look like they could be dream seasons. Maybe other colorways will sway me, but as of now pass. Ill stay on top of them though with some hope.

Gotta agree with those people saying they look like a step backward. The V's looked unbelievably futuristic, then the vi looked about the same, just using the scales. With the VII's weve seen so far, they look like they could be dream seasons. Maybe other colorways will sway me, but as of now pass. Ill stay on top of them though with some hope.

Can't wait till I can start the switching tongues / booties for the Kobe VII Line.. 
grin.gif

( I sure hope the insole / booties / tongues don't differ in shape/size between .5 a size.. )
nerd.gif

Can't wait till I can start the switching tongues / booties for the Kobe VII Line.. 
grin.gif

( I sure hope the insole / booties / tongues don't differ in shape/size between .5 a size.. )
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ALDY

grin.gif

nerd.gif

Like someone said earlier. A red bootie would look dope on that black/grey pair... A Jordan 4 "bred" vibe.

Originally Posted by ALDY

grin.gif

nerd.gif

Like someone said earlier. A red bootie would look dope on that black/grey pair... A Jordan 4 "bred" vibe.

I'm really trying to like the kobe 7's but.....(Waits for better colorways to show up...)
grin.gif
. At least the kobe 7's have like a 2 for 1 feel to it(The switching of the insoles and the insoles that can be made as a sandal..... 
tongue.gif
 )

I'm really trying to like the kobe 7's but.....(Waits for better colorways to show up...)
grin.gif
. At least the kobe 7's have like a 2 for 1 feel to it(The switching of the insoles and the insoles that can be made as a sandal..... 
tongue.gif
 )

I don't mind the sleeve its just the color selection is unappealing. Give me black or white so it replicates as a sock.

Back
Top Bottom