OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

I have to agree that it shouldn't be creasing like that with that kind of material. The VI don't crease like that after being worn multiple times. Until I have the shoe in hand I don't know.
Actually, the 7s are pretty bad when it comes to creasing. Saw several on foot pics already and they crease a lot. just an FYI,
the more crease a shoe has, the less lockdown it REALLY gives you. multiple flexing points means less coverage on your foot when
you're moving.

so the type of creasing is important. don't blow this off like it isn't.

Good to know man. That is going to turn off a lot of casual wearers.
laugh.gif
Better get some wearable shoe trees.
grin.gif
I'm actually looking forward to the traction on these. V and VI didn't cut it for me, but maybe the gym floors were dirty or I didn't break them in yet. Any case, if it's gonna be like the IV or hopefully better =
eek.gif
Improved heel lockdown, responsiveness, breatheability, and excellent traction, VII = GOAT. *crosses fingers*

pimp.gif
 let's hope you're right (about GOAT)

i want the lockdown of the V's

i want the breathability of the VI's

i want the traction of the IV's

i want the responsiveness of the V's 

I have to agree that it shouldn't be creasing like that with that kind of material. The VI don't crease like that after being worn multiple times. Until I have the shoe in hand I don't know.
Actually, the 7s are pretty bad when it comes to creasing. Saw several on foot pics already and they crease a lot. just an FYI,
the more crease a shoe has, the less lockdown it REALLY gives you. multiple flexing points means less coverage on your foot when
you're moving.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
I'm actually looking forward to the traction on these. V and VI didn't cut it for me, but maybe the gym floors were dirty or I didn't break them in yet. Any case, if it's gonna be like the IV or hopefully better =
eek.gif
Improved heel lockdown, responsiveness, breatheability, and excellent traction, VII = GOAT. *crosses fingers*

pimp.gif

you're moving.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by never wear them

U right thapointguy... 5s and 6s were whack when it came to traction, 6s were better than the 5s tho.

Traction is very important. I used to remember tripping or stumbling on carpet while walking to the Bball court at the gym. Or hearing that screech like that Nike song with the balls bouncing and screeching
laugh.gif

personally i think the 5s had better traction....well at least the 5 rings that has been my go to shoe. (is it the clear soles, i remember people saying that clear soles have good traction)

I agree with the V being better than the VI traction wise. The V Away is my go to shoe and regarding the clear soles, I have a pair of ID's with clear soles and the traction is subpar to GRs.

U right thapointguy... 5s and 6s were whack when it came to traction, 6s were better than the 5s tho.

Traction is very important. I used to remember tripping or stumbling on carpet while walking to the Bball court at the gym. Or hearing that screech like that Nike song with the balls bouncing and screeching
laugh.gif

personally i think the 5s had better traction....well at least the 5 rings that has been my go to shoe. (is it the clear soles, i remember people saying that clear soles have good traction)

I agree with the V being better than the VI traction wise. The V Away is my go to shoe and regarding the clear soles, I have a pair of ID's with clear soles and the traction is subpar to GRs.

laugh.gif

If all else fails, you could try this
courtGrip.png

But you have to re-apply it after every 15 minutes.
laugh.gif

That's how often Dwade applies it.

Only one application per game will do. Anything more than that is like taking a sugar pill.....you may think it really helps, but its actually not helping you anymore. The only thing its helping is putting your mind at ease to make you feel reassured.

courtGrip.png

laugh.gif

Only one application per game will do. Anything more than that is like taking a sugar pill.....you may think it really helps, but its actually not helping you anymore. The only thing its helping is putting your mind at ease to make you feel reassured.

courtGrip.png

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

laugh.gif

Dukepersonally i think the 5s had better traction....well at least the 5 rings that has been my go to shoe. (is it the clear soles, i remember people saying that clear soles have good traction)

I prefer the traction on the VI over the V (the IV's didn't feel right on my narrow foot so I never got them). Clear soles are better. I played in my POPs V's Sunday & my Duke VI's Tuesday. Big difference in traction to me. I think the traction on the VII's will be better than both.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

laugh.gif

Dukepersonally i think the 5s had better traction....well at least the 5 rings that has been my go to shoe. (is it the clear soles, i remember people saying that clear soles have good traction)

I prefer the traction on the VI over the V (the IV's didn't feel right on my narrow foot so I never got them). Clear soles are better. I played in my POPs V's Sunday & my Duke VI's Tuesday. Big difference in traction to me. I think the traction on the VII's will be better than both.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

lol they dont even look that much creased imo
That's a crease, it's very visible. We don't know how long/much he balled in them, but still, that's pretty crazy for a pair of shoes. Must be weak material, and since there is no tongue to support it, I can see it happening fairly easy. 

Originally Posted by LA KB24

lol they dont even look that much creased imo
That's a crease, it's very visible. We don't know how long/much he balled in them, but still, that's pretty crazy for a pair of shoes. Must be weak material, and since there is no tongue to support it, I can see it happening fairly easy. 

yeah, break in your shoes outdoors first. the traction would be fantastic right after.

traction of the 6>>5. it also took longer to break in the 5's traction.

yeah, break in your shoes outdoors first. the traction would be fantastic right after.

traction of the 6>>5. it also took longer to break in the 5's traction.

The creasing talk is getting a little out of hand. You guys act like these are some crapy retro Jordan's or something 
laugh.gif

The creasing talk is getting a little out of hand. You guys act like these are some crapy retro Jordan's or something 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom