Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Just had birthdays for 3 of 4.....

son is 11 (5th grade, discovering girls and being distracted from schoolwork/basketball)

oldest daughter is 9 (3rd grade, too smart and needs challenges. recently had brain surgery, but is 100% fine now. cleared to get back to basketball)

6 year old daughter (1st grade and girly. have no idea what to do with her, but she did just join her first basketball team and appears interested....for now)

youngest daughter is 4 and she runs the older kids.

They are all pretty damn funny and entertaining. I wouldn't change any of it.

But these christmas lists are getting out of hand!!!!! lol
roll.gif
  what they askin for?

Also, it's hard not to spoil your kid. Before I had her, I said I'd NEVER do it....but now, oh well. :lol:

Last year around this time (she was 10 mos.) she didn't quite understand Christmas. I mean, she was at the point where she enjoyed the boxes/wrapping paper more than the actual gift. :lol:

This year, she's getting a bunch of clothes, tea set, play kitchen, mini-piano, and books.

Worse feeling ever seeing your child in pain. My son had a seizure 2 weeks ago. To see him out of it and unresponsive made my heart drop. I almost had a heart attack I swear on everything

Also, it's hard not to spoil your kid. Before I had her, I said I'd NEVER do it....but now, oh well. :lol:

Last year around this time (she was 10 mos.) she didn't quite understand Christmas. I mean, she was at the point where she enjoyed the boxes/wrapping paper more than the actual gift. :lol:

This year, she's getting a bunch of clothes, tea set, play kitchen, mini-piano, and books.

Spoil is not even the word. I go to the mall or something to get me something I "need" and leave with bags just for him. I no longer take any pleasure in buying things for myself. If i do I have to get something for him as well

Also, it's hard not to spoil your kid. Before I had her, I said I'd NEVER do it....but now, oh well.
laugh.gif

Last year around this time (she was 10 mos.) she didn't quite understand Christmas. I mean, she was at the point where she enjoyed the boxes/wrapping paper more than the actual gift.
laugh.gif

This 
mean.gif
 first christmas for my son this year.. I know for a fact he's going to like the wrapping paper and boxes 10x more than his gifts 
laugh.gif

Worse feeling ever seeing your child in pain. My son had a seizure 2 weeks ago. To see him out of it and unresponsive made my heart drop. I almost had a heart attack I swear on everything
Damn fam.. hope all is well with your little boy.

and @Wayniac211  
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Enjoy em now bro because I remember when I hit 12/13 pops couldn't see me in the games.

When I made this thread I was kinda in a down mood and realized what brings ya boy his joy. I've been in a similar mood lately and seeing this thread pop back up on the front page and so many dudes doing their thing put a smile on my face. I'm pretty sure all of us go thru or own personal issues but it's our children that keeps us going, props

bruh did u let her win?????
i NEVER let my son win at games
laugh.gif

i be trash talkin too
he be HEATED when we play mario kart or super smah bros.
and when we play marvel vs capcom 3 i go for perfects
laugh.gif

gotta enjoy my wins while i can
Yeah, but only after putting the smack down after the 1st round...
laugh.gif
...Think it was tekken 2 or something...The next day she asked if I lost on purpose..
wink.gif

i NEVER let my son win at games
laugh.gif

i be trash talkin too
and when we play marvel vs capcom 3 i go for perfects
laugh.gif

Yeah, but only after putting the smack down after the 1st round...
laugh.gif
...Think it was tekken 2 or something...The next day she asked if I lost on purpose
happy.gif

i NEVER let my son win at games :lol:

i be trash talkin too

and when we play marvel vs capcom 3 i go for perfects :lol:

Yeah, but only after putting the smack down after the 1st round...:lol: ...Think it was tekken 2 or something...The next day she asked if I lost on purpose :D
u got a beautiful fam man keep up the good work

Enjoy em now bro because I remember when I hit 12/13 pops couldn't see me in the games.

When I made this thread I was kinda in a down mood and realized what brings ya boy his joy. I've been in a similar mood lately and seeing this thread pop back up on the front page and so many dudes doing their thing put a smile on my face. I'm pretty sure all of us go thru or own personal issues but it's our children that keeps us going, props

Keep your head up. I know what you mean. Things can definitely be tough at times but it's really about the grace you show when things are tough. Love your family/kids, work hard on your grind, always do the right thing, & things will work out in some way or another.

I hope your son is ok.

Well said bruh!

:lol: i rmember the first time i beat my step father in madden. dude was mad heated. turned the playstation off and threatened to ground me

My son turns 6 next month and it makes me sad..It seems like time is going too fast and slipping away..He brought home a work book from kindergarten the other day and was reading all the words and it damn near made me break down and cry..My little baby is growing up so fast and I just wish I could make time stand still..

My son turns 6 next month and it makes me sad..It seems like time is going too fast and slipping away..He brought home a work book from kindergarten the other day and was reading all the words and it damn near made me break down and cry..My little baby is growing up so fast and I just wish I could make time stand still..
:frown: damn bro, I can only imagine man. But now it's time to raise him to be a good kid and eventually a man

terrible 2's are real!!! dealing w/ it now with my daughter lol ......I really don't care about the running around and getting into everything......just trying to teach her not to get an attitude when she don't get her way 
mean.gif
 ...all I do is laugh cause it reminds me of me so much 
embarassed.gif

This :smh:  first christmas for my son this year.. I know for a fact he's going to like the wrapping paper and boxes 10x more than his gifts :lol:
Damn fam.. hope all is well with your little boy.

and @Wayniac211
 :pimp:

That's wassup...

Been checking out lots of slander regarding kids lately on NT. It's f'd up out here but at the same time we can't give up on these kids.. I know for a fact that my kids are going to mess up.. But I'll definitely be there to pick em up, dust em off and teach them to learn from their mistakes as an individual....I'll also urge them to dust my shoulders off as well because I'm a ride with them til the wheels fall off...
Pure joy as a man to see the love y'all got for you're seeds...

Got my 2 year old a Nabi in November.....was gonna hold off until Christmas but I couldn't resist and went ahead and gave it to her early :lol:  she loves that damn thing 

got her some outfits.......ima try to find a couple toys she might like and either a pair of timbs or uggs :tongue:

How is that nabi I'm thinking of getting that for my 3 yr old godson

When raising children, days are long but years are quick.

Dropping knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom