***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Oh? Then what was the point of this if not to reassert the prior claim that Trump didn’t lie?

My point was to directly address a poster that taunts me page after page by saying “DeFiNe a LiE” to show that other publications use the term falsehood, false claim, etc. instead of lie

It was not to defend Trump or to claim that Trump has never lied. I have never even made that claim in the first place.

He’s fully aware of his antics.

1611544312077.gif

My point was to directly address a poster that taunts me page after page by saying “DeFiNe a LiE” to show that other publications use the term falsehood, false claim, etc. instead of lie
You used the term “falsehood” for opposite ends. The article did so to illustrate the unprecedented scope of Trump’s dishonesty; you did so to downplay it.

The whole reason he calls you out on this is because you chose to deploy a line of bad faith argumentation to avoid the substance of criticism against Donald Trump.

Instead of saying, “I was wrong to defend Trump from claims of dishonesty and racism, and I apologize for attempting to frustrate and antagonize those whom I now recognize to have been in the right on such allegations,” you doubled down with “see, they didn’t call him a liar, either!”

It’s pathetic, to be candid. This is behavior you ought to be distancing yourself from, and if you think yourself the bigger person, it behooves you to act like it.

If you no longer intend to defend Donald Trump, stop defending your defense attempts. You don’t like IATT IATT “taunting” you over every negative story about Donald Trump, but what the hell do you think you’ve been doing here over the past few years? Yikes? Positive job reports? Crime Bill? Any of that ring a bell?

The only difference here is that you’re trying to spike the ball regarding a position you’ve since disavowed. I wish I could say that such gratuitous, self-serving disingenuousness felt off-brand.

Has anyone seen the Uncle Tom documentary on Netflix?

Got a cousin who’s telling me both sides are evil but low key thinking he trying to convert me into a Republican , wanted to hear someone’s opinion bout the doc before I check it out

Today’s thread was extremely informative. I learned a lot about NikeTalk, certain posters and a variety of other topics. Here are some of the wonderful insights shared in here today:

All active posters in this thread stand in solidarity as bullies
1611551044860.gif

Your word is irrelevant if you haven’t been on “these California highways”
1611551083398.gif

Post count is indicative of how much real-life social interaction you have (see gif of RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ‘s likeness based on his post count below)
1611551769957.gif

The D in Delk still stands for dishonest
1611551132480.gif

Our country’s VP isn’t fit to serve because she doesn’t know medical marijuana cures a variety of diseases and *checks notes* doesn’t know about healing, chakras, and energy while 13 year old YouTubers do
1611551235944.gif

1611551407023.gif

If a non-profit manager at a Bay Area ends up dead in the near future, I hope wayniac211 wayniac211 has enough money to pay cragmatic cragmatic to setup and GoFundMe for me and draft a post to get thousands of dollars from NTers for a good lawyer
1611551516116.gif

Last but not least....today I learned that RustyShackleford RustyShackleford is demonic. I think this should be investigated by a special counsel led by jrose5 jrose5 . None of NikeTalk’s users deserve to be subjected to bullying by a man who is possessed by an evil spirit.

I am calling for the immediate banishment of RustyShackleford RustyShackleford until he has a proper exorcism. He has disrupted the safe space that NTers deserve with his bullying and his lack of tolerance and rejection of lies, bigotry, fraud and views that are antithetical to the core values of any decent human being Beyond on these attacks on civility, has now made NikeTalk, a once sacred sanctuary, an unholy hellhole with his demonic comportment.

I plan to file the Articles of Excorcism with the Moderation Team immediately. Ladies and genetlemen of NikeTalk, in the meantime I just ask that you make sure to sprinkle holy water on your keyboard when typing posts that have quoted Rusty so we do not further disseminate his devilish influence across the site #StopTheSpread

Shame on NYT really, they have had some awful moments these past few years.
Some? It's like every other day they publish some disingenuous hot-take against a democrat while downplaying or ignoring some alarming issue about a republican (mostly Trump), to try and force the unsuccessful perception of "fairness" for "both sides." NYT needs to be razed and rebuilt with people who have integrity running the show.

Why is the Keystone Pipeline bad?

It stopped 10,000 jobs for Americans and soured relations with our ally Canada.

I understand some Natives might have imminent domain?

I mean you can just Google it. Here’s the first link that I skimmed which covers everything anyone of us would say.

jobs aren’t everything. Especially when those jobs are just temporary. The risks and future harm outweigh a few jobs.

plus here’s a key misleading fact.

Will the pipeline create jobs?
The oil industry has lobbied hard to get KXL built by using false claims, political arm-twisting, and big bucks. When TC Energy said the pipeline would create nearly 119,000 jobs, a State Department report instead concluded the project would require fewer than 2,000 two-year construction jobs and that the number of jobs would hover around 35 after construction.

Today’s thread was extremely informative. I learned a lot about NikeTalk, certain posters and a variety of other topics. Here are some of the wonderful insights shared in here today:

All active posters in this thread stand in solidarity as bullies
1611551044860.gif

Your word is irrelevant if you haven’t been on “these California highways”
1611551083398.gif

Post count is indicative of how much real-life social interaction you have (see gif of RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ‘s likeness based on his post count below)
1611551769957.gif

The D in Delk still stands for dishonest
1611551132480.gif

Our country’s VP isn’t fit to serve because she doesn’t know medical marijuana cures a variety of diseases and *checks notes* doesn’t know about healing, chakras, and energy while 13 year old YouTubers do
1611551235944.gif

1611551407023.gif

If a non-profit manager at a Bay Area ends up dead in the near future, I hope wayniac211 wayniac211 has enough money to pay cragmatic cragmatic to setup and GoFundMe for me and draft a post to get thousands of dollars from NTers for a good lawyer
1611551516116.gif

Last but not least....today I learned that RustyShackleford RustyShackleford is demonic. I think this should be investigated by a special counsel led by jrose5 jrose5 . None of NikeTalk’s users deserve to be subjected to bullying by a man who is possessed by an evil spirit.

I am calling for the immediate banishment of RustyShackleford RustyShackleford until he has a proper exorcism. He has disrupted the safe space that NTers deserve with his bullying and his lack of tolerance and rejection of lies, bigotry, fraud and views that are antithetical to the core values of any decent human being Beyond on these attacks on civility, has now made NikeTalk, a once sacred sanctuary, an unholy hellhole with his demonic comportment.

I plan to file the Articles of Excorcism with the Moderation Team immediately. Ladies and genetlemen of NikeTalk, in the meantime I just ask that you make sure to sprinkle holy water on your keyboard when typing posts that have quoted Rusty so we do not further disseminate his devilish influence across the site #StopTheSpread
tenor (43).gif

And he's a wealthy, old man. I'd almost think it odd if he didn't have a nice watch. Trumpito out here wearing the ugliest Vacheron Constantin and Patek Phillipes he can find, and nobody saying anything. Also, the damn Rolex President is called a President because it was worn by Presidents. I know that there will inevitably be less gossipy **** to cover in this presidency versus the prior, but we gotta get this petty already?

From "limousine liberals" to "Peloton progressives."

It was only a matter of time for NYT, ever-stalwart champion of the people, to go after fat cat Joe Biden for his opulent Beaulex after taking down the notoriously decadent Bugatti Bernie:

Help me out, timepiece fans: is this a Swatch or a Timex?
maxresdefault.jpg

-Our relationship with Canada is fine. Biden did this yet Trudeau is tweeting and commenting about how excited he is to work with Biden.

-The projection for jobs I believe is much lower than that, and they are not permanent jobs

-It puts ecosystems in danger because pipelines leak a ton. And Keystone I heard would be more prone to leaks because of what they would be moving

-If it does leak, and ecosystems gets destroyed and people's drinking water affected; on a scale from 1-10, how ****ed up would it be that Native Americans are the ones that suffer the most. Because I think it would land at a cool million.

Last edited:
-Our relationship with Canada is fine. Biden did this yet Trudeau is tweeting and commenting how excited he is to work with Biden.

-The projection for jobs I believe is much lower than that, and they are not permanent jobs

-It puts ecosystems in danger because pipelines leak a ton. And Keystone I heard would be more prone to leaks because of what they would be moving

Plus this isn’t liquid oil we normally think of. This is tar sands oil. It doesn’t even make economic sense unless oil is north of $75 per barrel. It’s dirty, takes a lot of time and money to refine, and even after all that it’s still not as good as the crude sweet oil that the US normally pulls from their reserves.

While we should be weeding off fossils, we are trying to expand something to **** the dirtiest version of one of those fossils. It’s just backwards logic.

Plus this isn’t liquid oil we normally think of. This is tar sands oil. It doesn’t even make economic sense unless oil is north of $75 per barrel. It’s dirty, takes a lot of time and money to refine, and even after all that it’s still not as good as the crude sweet oil that the US normally pulls from their reserves.

While we should be weeding off fossils, we are trying to expand something to **** the dirtiest version of one of those fossils. It’s just backwards logic.
This

If we are gonna be idiots and go backward in the fight against climate change like this, burning coal would make more sense if we are worried about job creation

Back
Top Bottom