***Official Political Discussion Thread***

A lot of those doing the warning are now Team Trump. There’s no need to pretend to have any integrity in the RepublicanParty; just kiss the ring. You don’t even have to do what you know is best for your constituents. Despite voting against democratic legislation they would make things easier for your people, hope it passes so you can say, “see, I’ve been in dc working hard and got us aide for schools/businesses to reopen and vaccines for anyone who wants them.” Whats wild is people who need all that **** are still supporting the officials that vote against it.

This is why I cue da playmaker gif when they cry about their pain. Scumbags

sub-buzz-8480-1489005446-1.png

that’s how I lucked out and got my jeep that was slightly used for like 2 months.. couple thought moving down would fix things and they went to shh real quick so had no need for it anymore

but only way you’re getting a 2 or 3 bedroom place in nice spot here for under $400k is if you’re pulling some shh like that where either the person needs money right away which means you gotta have the cash available or you’re going through the bank which means someone defaulted (which is how I got my place, since I do a decent amount of work for the banks on sales.. I got notice of a spot and was able to get a deal)
The classmate lives in the small rural town next to mine so the benefit is that even without much interaction with the residents, you're bound to know most of what goes on around here. The audacity of people in these small towns is wild though, I had all kinds of strange people showing up to my current home after my dad died.

Some local cop had the nerve to show up in uniform to both my aunt and my home to explicitly ask if I'd be open to illegally selling one of my dad's guns to his friend. I denied I possessed any besides the only 2 out of with paperwork that I found but his friend later showed up to my house claiming that his 'cop friend' told him he might be able to get an unregistered gun from me.
There was also some guy in his 50s who showed up to my house with a suitcase containing €21500 in cash trying to buy my dad's Toyota Rav4 without proper paperwork (double its value). I had to insist that he actually inspected the car given that it had some bruises from drunk driving but he just kinda walked around it and immediately offered the cash again. Then he never showed up again after I told him I'd get the paperwork in order first to not get in trouble. Normally I wouldn't discriminate in accepting payments from shady people but that was a bit much.

Sell the rav4. Report it stolen when it’s used in a crime and they come looking for you.

Damn dude, they are trying to get you in on their bank robbery. :rofl:
When I took it to the garage to get the paperwork in order, I asked to have it searched for drugs :lol:
Idk what that dude was trying to pull, he looked like he was probably in his upper 50s, the type of old country man I'd expect to find slumped over in a bar at noon. Either way that was the most blatantly shady **** I've ever experienced.

I love the automation argument against higher wages at crap jobs.

As if these places weren't going full automation anyways. If it were feasible, they would have done it already regardless of employee pay rates.

As much as we love to crap on big corps, some of these small businesses aren't exactly saintly places full of virtue either.

I hope things never return back to normal, although I do feel kinda bad when I go in Subway and there's one person working in the entire store.

Full automation simply isn’t what people want. Those machines aren’t cheap either. Japan has all those things and we see how weird that place is

Full automation simply isn’t what people want. Those machines aren’t cheap either. Japan has all those things and we see how weird that place is

I like the decreased human interaction and the ability to get my own refills, but I want a human to hand me my food. I don't need some slow *** robot taking its' sweet time to bring me fries.

Automation is a sci-fi debate. The real debate is the systemic destruction of unions and how that has by default led to stagnation in wages since there are far less collective group with the resources and agency to negotiate, sue, and/or strike to get people more money.

Someone here dropped a gem a few years (maybe months) back about how the dems were trash on labor because they couldn’t even support teacher unions..... That was one of the most concise and realistic appraisals of US politics I had heard in years.

Automation is a sci-fi debate. The real debate is the systemic destruction of unions and how that has by default led to stagnation in wages since there are far less collective group with the resources and agency to negotiate, sue, and/or strike to get people more money.

Someone here dropped a gem a few years (maybe months) back about how the dems were trash on labor because they couldn’t even support teacher unions..... That was one of the most concise and realistic appraisals of US politics I had heard in years.
Everyone is against teacher unions, everyone in the government that is, because it would literally upend funding and US spending as we know it. America has all the research when it comes to education........ they just don’t use it. They come to the correct conclusions, shrugs, and continues to do the same thing

Think about paying so little that not working pays more than you do. This means the amount you pay is smaller than the amount the BS government thinks you need to not die naked on the street

These fools are acting like you could retire on a private island with a stimulus check which shows how out of touch on reality these people truly are. They are asking people to brave COVID-19 for little pay which isn't a good thing at all. People want to work but they don't want to work for crap pay. Same thing happened in West Virginia with the mines. People weren't as willing to die in a mine for low pay when idiots like Don Blankenship hit safety records.

These fools are acting like you could retire on a private island with a stimulus check which shows how out of touch on reality these people truly are. They are asking people to brave COVID-19 for little pay which isn't a good thing at all. People want to work but they don't want to work for crap pay. Same thing happened in West Virginia with the mines. People weren't as willing to die in a mine for low pay when idiots like Don Blankenship hit safety records.
Thing is, they don’t believe that. They just want it to end so that they could go back to controlling their lives via jobs in big business and taxation. They know the money is nothing. They get paid thousands of dollars a day to do nothing. They know the value of pay

Thing is, they don’t believe that. They just want it to end so that they could go back to controlling their lives via jobs in big business and taxation. They know the money is nothing. They get paid thousands of dollars a day to do nothing. They know the value of pay

They want it to end without taking the steps for it to end. They want people to die.

They want it to end without taking the steps for it to end. They want people to die.
In a sense, yes. They want to see section 8 fail. They want to see inner city schools fail. They want to see streets turn into the ghetto. It creates their own validation. It proves to their followers that they’re superior

In a sense, yes. They want to see section 8 fail. They want to see inner city schools fail. They want to see streets turn into the ghetto. It creates their own validation. It proves to their followers that they’re superior

Except their followers will be hurt just as much or more by their dumb policies. It's amazing how white supremacy has fooled these people into sending people to Washington to actively work against their own interests. I've been following politics most of my life and the Republican party has always been a cesspool but at least they had one or two policies that they could point to for why people should support them. Now it's all Trump and nothing else. They don't even talk about their tax scam anymore. It's incredible how they can vote against stuff then run home and tout the benefits of what they voted against. If I lived in Texas, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina and Wyoming, I'd have to ask how voting Republican has helped my life in any tangible way?

Back
Top Bottom