***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If these businesses would just pay a livable wage then they wouldn't have any problems. Stop being so greedy and the workers would come back.
Not close on their 2nd vacation home in order to pay a wage that allows employees to afford day care......the madness. There has to be another way.

Except their followers will be hurt just as much or more by their dumb policies. It's amazing how white supremacy has fooled these people into sending people to Washington to actively work against their own interests. I've been following politics most of my life and the Republican party has always been a cesspool but at least they had one or two policies that they could point to for why people should support them. Now it's all Trump and nothing else. They don't even talk about their tax scam anymore. It's incredible how they can vote against stuff then run home and tout the benefits of what they voted against. If I lived in Texas, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina and Wyoming, I'd have to ask how voting Republican has helped my life in any tangible way?
You’ve gotta be rich or dumb to be a republican. They’re so easy to manipulate it’s hilarious.maybe they get nothing but the satisfaction of knowing blacks are pissed is good enough for them

m5jsu3a24iy61.jpg

I mean the salt deduction cap is hurting the north east and west coast. It will continue to do so and more and more people are moving out. I know it’s hard to argue because it affects mostly people in about 5 states and then the wealthy. But a salt cap to be instituted on individuals but not businesses is pretty dumb.

I mean the salt deduction cap is hurting the north east and west coast. It will continue to do so and more and more people are moving out. I know it’s hard to argue because it affects mostly people in about 5 states and then the wealthy. But a salt cap to be instituted on individuals but not businesses is pretty dumb.
I understand why certain Dems support removing the cap. I get the politics of it.

I just oppose it because of my general distaste for regressive taxes. The people really being squeezed by this are those on the upper end of the income bracket

The only argument I have heard that I am somewhat sympathetic to is that these states have relatively bigger welfare systems so you are directly supporting them with SALT. And I kinda see that point but I would prefer we have a larger federally funded and administered welfare state and give more tax breaks to lower-income people.

But what is really pissing me off is that now some centrist Dems have issues with other taxes increases Biden is proposing. Like if you want SALT cap removed, ok, but ****ing stop there. It is one thing to look out of the upper-middle class, it is a whole other thing to look out for millionaires and billionaires.

I would be less pissed about if we were doing more to address housing costs for lower-income people so they can afford to live in these same states and take advantage of the relatively higher social spending.

I understand why certain Dems support removing the cap. I get the politics of it.

I just oppose it because of my general distaste for regressive taxes. The people really being squeezed by this are those on the upper end of the income bracket

The only argument I have heard that I am somewhat sympathetic to is that these states have relatively bigger welfare systems so you are directly supporting them with SALT. And I kinda see that point but I would prefer we have a larger federally funded and administered welfare state and give more tax breaks to lower-income people.

But what is really pissing me off is that now some centrist Dems have issues with other taxes increases Biden is proposing. Like if you want SALT cap removed, ok, but ****ing stop there. It is one thing to look out of the upper-middle class, it is a whole other thing to look out for millionaires and billionaires.

I would be less pissed about if we were doing more to address housing costs for lower-income people so they can afford to live in these same states and take advantage of the relatively higher social spending.

Yea that is the tricky part. These states do have large welfare systems and other amenities such as train systems and such that need subsidizing. It’s a delicate situation. But you will see more people moving out of the northeast because of the salt cap. Most people hit it off their property taxes alone. Forget any income tax on top of that.

Yea that is the tricky part. These states do have large welfare systems and other amenities such as train systems and such that need subsidizing. It’s a delicate situation. But you will see more people moving out of the northeast because of the salt cap. Most people hit it off their property taxes alone. Forget any income tax on top of that.
What is interesting is Califnoria actually gained wealthy residents, while their population decreased because their housing cost is so out of control lower and middle-income people are fleeing. But Cali is probably a higher amenity place than the Northeast.

I just wish the circumstances were different to reform the welfare and tax system in a more progressive way, so **** like this won't matter.

Back
Top Bottom