***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Tomorrow a SCOTUS decision day. With the cases out there I am forever worrying about when these clowns will pull the trigger and do some large scale evil

seems like it would take a lot of electricity…

He's so proud of that pat on the head Trump gave him a year ago. It was probably the first time in years he's felt anything below the waist.

People are already being warned not to set their air conditioners below 82 degrees and to do everything they can to conserve power. Grid is gonna go kaput any day now if they don't.

F`in Wheels, man. A literal pile of dog turds could do a better job.

There is always a bit of backlash, in here, when there is any suggestion that more than the GOP contribute to voter suppression.

As I’ve said many times, I am against voter suppression—no matter who is doing it.

Are Democratic Senator Joe Manchin’s demands for mandated Voter ID and his opposition to universal mail-in voting considered voter suppression in here? Or is it different when he demands it?
Feel free to compare and contrast GOP voter suppression tactics to what the Democrats do.

So I am to believe that he is acting in good faith even though he ignores evidence and observable reality that undercuts his point? Even though he does unnecessary **** to throw his caucus under the bus. All his actions matter.

I accept all this. But are talking about the Dems not trying to expose the truth to Manchin, when that is clearly not the case. They catering to him.

You keep acting like people are not trying with Manchin when observable reality tells us otherwise.

Forcing what vote? Dude GOP states are passing voter suppression bills like crazy. Voting Rights advocates and State Democratic Parties started to panic, especially since census data is out so redistricting is around the corner. They begged the National Dems to do something and Schumer said he would hold a vote for the Voting Rights Bills by the end of June because the Senate leaves on the 28th. The rumors of Schumer's move started toward the end of May. The last action on the bill was a committee meeting for the bill was on 5/17.

So Manchin's hand was not forced. He wrote the op-ed 10 days ago. So he waited an extra 10 days from then to circulate his compromises. He had ample time to talk to the people writing the bill. This **** show is of Manchin's creation. Schumer giving Manchin a heads up over a month in advance in not forcing his hand.

Famb, playing devil's advocate for a delusional white racist is really the hill you wanna die on?

be honest, do you really think this HR1 thing has been well calibrated to get Joe Manchins vote?

Joe Manchin is very very wrong about this whole filibuster thing,
he could switch parties tomorrow and be republican senator for life in west virginia if that's what you'd all prefer.

so whatever his level of racism is, it's clearly it's not so high that you can't persuade him.
otherwise he'd just become a republican.

Back
Top Bottom