***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Progressives that support bernie and equality but somehow think it's ok to refer to African Americans as low information voters

Progressives who want to stand up for gays and think it's ok accuse African Americans of being anti gay
Are you aware of any laws, or proposed laws, that would prohibit the mention of these topics in schools or businesses?

Are you opposed to characterizing these people’s racism as “bad?”

I'm supposed to trust people like these to educate others on racism?
So Black authors’ books should be banned and racism excised from school curricula because unspecified White Bernie Bros. said something racist?

Isn’t that behavior all the more reason to teach students the facts about American history and racism?

teaching morality through the bible = uh uh, church and state
😂

Which morality?

I can find love thy neighbor and subjugate thy neighbor in that book.

I can find "take your enemy's wives and children" and "thou shall not commit adultery" in that book.

I can find "turn the other cheek" and "go and take your revenge" in that book.

Mr "don't compare the civil rights movement to LGBT rights" doesn't remember how the bible was used to justify the morality of slavery.

Are you aware of any laws, or proposed laws, that would prohibit the mention of these topics in schools or businesses?

Are you opposed to characterizing these people’s racism as “bad?”

why would there be laws against progressive racism?

the most vocal people who care about outlawing racism are progressives

why would they ban their own racism?

So Black authors’ books should be banned and racism excised from school curricula because unspecified White Bernie Bros. said something racist?

Isn’t that behavior all the more reason to teach students the facts about American history and racism?

no, you're just jumping to conclusions again, my original post, was about how disingenuous that tweet was

"they want to give kids covid" - not disingenuous?

"they'd rather give kids covid then a book on racism by a black author" - not disingenuous?

why am i seeing all these disingenuous statements from people who share similar beliefs?

and because i found the tweet to be disingenuous, you took it upon yourself to jump to all these different conclusions and make all these accusations

all this does is circle to back to my original question that you never answered

who gets to decide how and what gets taught about racism?

it seems like progressives think that theyre the ones who should get to decide because "that other side is a bunch of racists who want to deny racism" or something like that

😂

Which morality?

I can find love thy neighbor and subjugate thy neighbor in that book.

I can find "take your enemy's wives and children" and "thou shall not commit adultery" in that book.

I can find "turn the other cheek" and "go and take your revenge" in that book.

Mr "don't compare the civil rights movement to LGBT rights" doesn't remember how the bible was used to justify the morality of slavery.

It's funny because I already said that the Bible shouldn't be taught because it leads to others trying to impose their morality

Am I caught In some kind of progressive gotcha by also thinking that the teaching of racism can also lead to imposing morality?

or am I consistent in my beliefs???

I've never once said that racism shouldn't be taught, my concern this entire time has had to do with imposing morality

More specifically, who's Morality?

Last edited:
Reasonable people can disagree on when certain subjects, like CRT, should be taught to children. Some material is simply more age appropriate than other material.

Tons of facts aren’t shared with children at young ages. There’s an entire industry pushing Santa, the Easter Bunny, Disney characters, etc.

From what I understand, CRT isn’t being taught in most, if any, schools. It would appear that both sides agree it is a topic better suited for university students.

Remind me again: what percentage of Senate Democrats support the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act?

And what percentage of Senate Republicans support this legislation?

why would there be laws against progressive racism?
Against racism itself or against teaching students about racism?

What is “progressive racism?” Racism committed by people who are registered as Democrats?

If you meant to say, “laws against teaching about racism committed by progressives” - there actually is such a proposal, and oddly enough it’s the same bill you’ve been twisting yourself into knots to defend.

If someone were to teach that Bernie Bros. said something racist, and it caused some White people to feel guilty by association, could that not fall under the same category?

the most vocal people who care about outlawing racism are progressives
Are you opposed to outlawing racism?

no, you're just jumping to conclusions again, my original post, was about how disingenuous that tweet was

"they want to give kids covid" - not disingenuous?

"they'd rather give kids covid then a book on racism by a black author" - not disingenuous?

why am i seeing all these disingenuous statements from people who share similar beliefs?

and because i found the tweet to be disingenuous, you took it upon yourself to jump to all these different conclusions and make all these accusations
Well, we know what’s on your word of the day calendar.

Now if only we could find out what you’re so afraid of students learning about racism.

It is not disingenuous to say that Republicans who continue to fight for in-person education despite the risk of infection to students and faculty are demonstrably less concerned about children being infected by COVID than being exposed to selected works by Black scholars.

I've never once said that racism shouldn't be taught, my concern this entire time has had to do with imposing morality
Then you’re opposed to the proposed bill and thus agree with Wajahat Ali.

Thanks for wasting everyone’s time.

As for this “imposing morality” rant, teaching children not to steal or do drugs is “imposing morality.” Republicans have long fought to use public money to support private religious schools via vouchers. Is that also “imposing morality?”

You seem to be implying that students may be taught about the Holocaust, but not that the Holocaust was bad - because that would be a moral judgment. Is that correct?

Given that the bill states that instruction “may not be used to indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view inconsistent with the principles of this subsection or state academic standards,” and you’re outraged by the notion that anyone might believe that their views or perspectives are superior to anyone else’s, it’s safe to say that it would be hypocritical for you to defend it.

I believe we’ve more than exhausted your knowledge on this subject, but if you’d like to keep spinning yourself in circles don’t let me stop you.

I live how we're at the point where there's conservative facts and progressive facts.

alternative facts really took off. we're so ****ed. :lol:

That's really my main take home message of the last couple of years - and we even had Kelly-Anne Conway coin the phrase "alternative facts" to take it to it's most stupid extreme - your opinion is not more important than facts. That's just how it works.

Unfortunately at the moment we have a lot of uneducated people making very loud noises that they want their opinion and feelings to frame law - particularly at the expense of others. That's clearly not what government, or even society, shoud be built on.

Remind me again: what percentage of Senate Democrats support the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act?

And what percentage of Senate Republicans support this legislation?

Against racism itself or against teaching students about racism?

What is “progressive racism?” Racism committed by people who are registered as Democrats?

If you meant to say, “laws against teaching about racism committed by progressives” - there actually is such a proposal, and oddly enough it’s the same bill you’ve been twisting yourself into knots to defend.

If someone were to teach that Bernie Bros. said something racist, and it caused some White people to feel guilty by association, could that not fall under the same category?

Are you opposed to outlawing racism?

Well, we know what’s on your word of the day calendar.

Now if only we could find out what you’re so afraid of students learning about racism.

It is not disingenuous to say that Republicans who continue to fight for in-person education despite the risk of infection to students and faculty are demonstrably less concerned about children being infected by COVID than being exposed to selected works by Black scholars.

Then you’re opposed to the proposed bill and thus agree with Wajahat Ali.

Thanks for wasting everyone’s time.

As for this “imposing morality” rant, teaching children not to steal or do drugs is “imposing morality.” Republicans have long fought to use public money to support private religious schools via vouchers. Is that also “imposing morality?”

You seem to be implying that students may be taught about the Holocaust, but not that the Holocaust was bad - because that would be a moral judgment. Is that correct?

Given that the bill states that instruction “may not be used to indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view inconsistent with the principles of this subsection or state academic standards,” and you’re outraged by the notion that anyone might believe that their views or perspectives are superior to anyone else’s, it’s safe to say that it would be hypocritical for you to defend it.

I believe we’ve more than exhausted your knowledge on this subject, but if you’d like to keep spinning yourself in circles don’t let me stop you.

Because I disagree with the disingenuous of the tweet, I'm wasting everyone's time

Who the **** forced you to respond to my take on the tweet? I's not possible that you wasted your own goddamn time, gotta make yourself out to be some kind of victim

We all know Republicans only support tax breaks and giving their communities money, but here you are using some bill that does neither as some gotcha "see see, I told you theyre Racist"

"why are you afraid of teaching kids about Racism?"

I'm not, why are you afraid of parents that disagree? Because they're a threat to your moral righteousness?

Here you are again comparing "teaching History" to laws that deter and punish criminals again and I'm the one talking in circles, not disingenuous at all

Republicans supporting vouchers as imposing morality? It probably would be if you saw them forcing kids to go to these schools, is that the case?

"you support the bill", gotta love these progressive accusations

Osh does this contrarian schtick better.
I'm not a contrarion

I just strongly disagree with progressive entitlement

Take this Joe Manchin situation

People all across the country feel entitled to his vote.... When they never voted for him

How can you rationalize that other than with some "I voted D... he's a D... He owes me" logic

I'm not a contrarion

I just strongly disagree with progressive entitlement

Take this Joe Manchin situation

People all across the country feel entitled to his vote.... When they never voted for him

How can you rationalize that other than with some "I voted D... he's a D... He owes me" logic
This is an extremely dumb take on why people are upset

Good grief

All you do is just whine and whine and whine about progressives without coming close to a cogent argument

qz6l8itt3uc81.png

Reasonable people can disagree on when certain subjects, like CRT, should be taught to children. Some material is simply more age appropriate than other material.

Tons of facts aren’t shared with children at young ages. There’s an entire industry pushing Santa, the Easter Bunny, Disney characters, etc.

From what I understand, CRT isn’t being taught in most, if any, schools. It would appear that both sides agree it is a topic better suited for university students.

Critical race theory isn’t taught in high school or lower levels

Meanwhile

progressive entitlement
Your argument centers around one slice of the political pizza wanting to be retain the teaching of facts, in an era of US political turmoil that's seeing the Overton window move so far to the right, that learning "slavery is bad" is now a mainstream right-wing grievance. Your crocodile tears arent a good argument.

This is an extremely dumb take on why people are upset

Good grief

All you do is just whine and whine and whine about progressives without coming close to a cogent argument

No, you just don't like my stance so it's "dumb" and "whining"

Why are progressives who never voted for Joe Manchin upset that he doesn't go along?

Do the beliefs of people in West Virginia not matter? Or just when you agree with them?

I don't care for Lauren boebert but I'm not going to tell the people of Colorado that they're only allowed to elect people I approve of or else face being kicked out

Back
Top Bottom