***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Briahna Joke Gray being more mad about fundraising than the actual ruling is on-brand for her.

Joy Gray practices a worthless brand of politics

And it is worthless because it is about her own personal grievances against the Democratic Party and not actually about making the situation better

I don't care if she is wavycrocket wavycrocket 's lady, can't stand her

I used to be salty at the democrats and still am but look at our governors race. We got the current governor is pretty trash to me but the guy running against him is crazy af. Wants to ban abortion no exception, defund public schools and that’s what he’s said he wants to do. Imagine what he isn’t saying.

Defensive voting it is I guess.

People are all hung up on our state having a surplus. I think he should spend alot on the state instead of saving but it’s better than being poor.

1656329605735.png

imagine if Dems use this as ammunition to end the filibuster.... pass legislation to protect the right to choose, pack the courts, grant statehood to PR and DC, etc. they would be doing exactly what McConnell would've done, and it would end the GOP as we know it. wishful thinking, of course.

If y'all think the Supreme Court is done making this country hell, think again

They are gonna start dismantling the administrative state this week...

Is this something these people planned all along on some long term obsessive vengeful mission? Or did they get lucky and everything fell in place for them? What needs to be done in order to get things back the way they were? Also, how long would that take?

Is this something these people planned all along on some long term obsessive vengeful mission? Or did they get lucky and everything fell in place for them? What needs to be done in order to get things back the way they were? Also, how long would that take?

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford will likely respond with a more thorough answer, but basically the right has been working diligently on controlling the courts for at least the last 4 decades. There’s no reason to think it will take any less time or sustained diligence to undo.

I'm just astounded that so far they've not been able to adopt anyone - I've heard there are approximately 150,000 kids in care ready to be adopted in the US. I can't quite imagine what the issue is.
one of the problems that is happening with regards to adoption is the long process, requirements and wait list for potential parents as well. I have known a few acquaintances that it is long, hard and costly. some certain couples took 4 years to get a child. if you are lucky, maybe you'll get them in 2 years. this is the reason why most childless parents in North America adopt elsewhere (mostly in Asia) as the process is much simpler. a couple we knew adopted their 2 kids from South America. even that, to make the process faster, you have to use the back channels just to give you a fighting chance to get a child. my wife's aunt tried to adopt a child but couldn't bring the child over due to some red tape b.s. the child was 4 years old when they tried to bring him over, now he's a teenager and is still in Asia.

I hope the process could be better as it is also unfair to the child and the adopting parents as well.

Back
Top Bottom