***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Blue collar country guys getting exposed to new foods is hilarious.

Vietnamese dump truck driver brought banh mi sandwiches to work one day for everyone. It was a mixture of loving it and confusion as they’re spitting jalapeño all over the ground because it’s too spicy and “why are there carrots in here?!”

They became a hit anyways and now he’s obligated to bring them all the time. :lol:
Banh mis >>>>

No. Logically, an arrest would follow being told you are the target of an investigation.

I’d imagine someone wouldn’t be told they are a target unless they are about to be indicted.
That kind of broken logic is how wishcasting happens. Or in your case, trolling, especially since you're a lawyer. It's hardly different from anti due process logic you claim to be so firmly against.
The only reason I sometimes reply to statements like these is if I think the response or correction can serve as informative to others.

Target letters not resulting in an indictment sooner or later is rare but again, it is certainly not a guarantee that a person receiving a target letter gets indicted.
The evidentiary basis for sending a target letter and the crimes it lists is not the same as the evidentiary basis to support charging them.
It is simply a notification that prosecutors believe they have substantive evidence to support a high likelihood that more time/evidence will lead to meeting their standard for indicting the target, as well as an explicit warning that interactions with people the target knows to be witnesses could lead to an obstruction charge.
Target letters indicate the investigation of that individual is in its final stages, and there's a lot that can happen in those final stages and affect the quality of the evidence they ultimately end up with.

Edit: Particularly in a sprawling investigation like the Fulton County DA in Georgia is running, there is no "the" target. Rudy wasn't the first to get a target letter in that investigation and presumably won't be the last. From memory, there are at least 10 other people (all having to do with the fake electors plot) who recently got target letters from that DA's office.

Last edited:
That kind of broken logic is how wishcasting happens. Or in your case, trolling, especially since you're a lawyer. It's hardly different from anti due process logic you claim to be so firmly against.
The only reason I sometimes reply to statements like these is if I think the response or correction can serve as informative to others.

Target letters not resulting in an indictment sooner or later is rare but again, it is certainly not a guarantee that a person receiving a target letter gets indicted.
The evidentiary basis for sending a target letter and the crimes it lists is not the same as the evidentiary basis to support charging them.
It is simply a notification that prosecutors believe they have substantive evidence to support a high likelihood that more time/evidence will lead to meeting their standard for indicting the target, as well as an explicit warning that interactions with people the target knows to be witnesses could lead to an obstruction charge.
Target letters indicate the investigation of that individual is in its final stages, and there's a lot that can happen in those final stages and affect the quality of the evidence they ultimately end up with.

Like you said, it’s rare. I never said it was guaranteed. But it sure seems like an arrest will be coming soon.

Do you think he won’t be arrested?

1660576783501.png

They're not gonna support you, Larry.

The current crop of GOP figures sounds like they spent the early 00s blackfacing online and getting banned for it.

So much borrowing of Black slang...

I've noticed over the years that a good chunk of (mostly white) conservatives love to appropriate Black culture.

It's almost like they know they don't have anything cool worth copying, so they just rip off Black people.

Like you said, it’s rare. I never said it was guaranteed. But it sure seems like an arrest will be coming soon.

Do you think he won’t be arrested?
I think it's way more likely than not that he eventually gets charged. I doubt it'll be imminent, if it happens.
Part of that analysis is based on the reality that it's rare for a target letter to not result in an indictment sooner or later. What I also take into account is that Rudy's brain seems to have rotten away since at least 2016-17.

"Hang Mike Pence"
Sure, what could go wrong with outing the apparently multiple cooperators in Trump's circle while the investigation is ongoing?

Sure financial crimes are notoriously tough and complicated to prosecute but giving a plea deal to someone like this? The guy's made it clear that even though he obviously has relevant knowledge and information, he will stonewall every attempt to get him to cooperate in the broader investigation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/15/nyregion/trump-weisselberg-plea-deal.html

Trump Executive Nears Plea Deal With Manhattan Prosecutors​

Allen H. Weisselberg, who was charged with participating in a tax scheme, will not cooperate with the district attorney’s investigation into Donald J. Trump.

68c55e83264d3e62980622464a9b73d1.png

35018e5f56ba231d2b744bd0bef99843.png

5bc44bcbc2b695a7e04999a6651531cb.png

Blue collar country guys getting exposed to new foods is hilarious.

Vietnamese dump truck driver brought banh mi sandwiches to work one day for everyone. It was a mixture of loving it and confusion as they’re spitting jalapeño all over the ground because it’s too spicy and “why are there carrots in here?!”

They became a hit anyways and now he’s obligated to bring them all the time. :lol:
Dudes when they saw the carrots and daikon:
the-undertaker-wwe.gif

i just wanna fast forward to the end of this ****. my gut still tells me that the feds wouldn’t have taken action if they didn’t have a solid reason to do so.

thank goodness my maga FIL visiting here from texas isn’t bringing this **** up. he’s too busy trying to convince us to move up there.
him: the price of steak is dirt cheap.
my wife: ok but it’s texas.
him: there’s no state tax.
my wife: ok but it’s texas lol.

i just wanna fast forward to the end of this ****. my gut still tells me that the feds wouldn’t have taken action if they didn’t have a solid reason to do so.

thank goodness my maga FIL visiting here from texas isn’t bringing this **** up. he’s too busy trying to convince us to move up there.
him: the price of steak is dirt cheap.
my wife: ok but it’s texas.
him: there’s no state tax.
my wife: ok but it’s texas lol.
Bro my exact response when my fiance says we can move to Texas to work in her company's tax office.

Her: We can afford a house.
Me: Okay but its Texas...

Bro my exact response when my fiance says we can move to Texas to work in her company's tax office.

Her: We can afford a house.
Me: Okay but its Texas...
I keep seeing IG posts from realtors with something along the lines of "THIS IS WHAT (INSERT VERY REASONABLE PRICE FOR A HOUSE) GETS YOU IN (INSERT BUM**** TEXAS TOWN)" with a video of what looks like a large, gawdy, new-build.

It almost looks appealing at first but then you realize it's Texas, and it's not a part of Texas you'd ever want to live in.

Yeah...they can keep that. I'd rather deal with Long Island trashbags and the high cost of living than live in the spots they show off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom