***Official Political Discussion Thread***

whye49kds5i91.jpg

Ms. Hageman, a lawyer in Cheyenne with little political following before she was lifted by Mr. Trump’s endorsement, trounced Ms. Cheney, the daughter of a former vice president, by more than 30 percentage points, with more than 90 percent of the vote counted.

Dark times ahead...

Dark times ahead...
She's ultra-conservative and clearly generally agrees with the laws Trump signed but she at least tried to fight the cult, knowing it would end her career in Congress. In my opinion the best public speaker on the J6 committee too.
I know everyone has to have their time but if it was up to me I'd leave most of the talking up to her. Straight to the point, zero grandstanding and sounds very authoritative.
Her loss is solely about not being a fullblown Trump cultist, given that she has a more conservative record than the overwhelming majority of the cultists' favorite talking heads in Congress.

Last edited:
Liz Cheney? Super conservative small population Wyoming?

I'm not upset that she lost; I'm worried about who she lost against.

It's clear that the GOP base (primary voters) want revenge for obamaobergefellCRTlosing2020, and they'll follow whoever promises them that.

In a 3/4-party system, I wouldn't lose sleep over this. The extremists would lose in the General. In a 2-party system, it really takes astute messaging to get single-issue voters to support the candidate with authoritarian tendencies, and the GOP has mastered that.

Saying that Democrats must keep control of Congress is probably the understatement of the last 50 years. They have a real chance at doing so by tying the GOP as a whole to Treason Trump (in order to get military folks to vote against Trump candidates).

The question is, will they do it? Will they be able to put together a unified and coherent message going into the General?

The Republican nominee for Governor here in Maryland was on local news this morning. Dude jumped straight into “transgender indoctrination”, “CRT”, “Vaccine passports”. Like bro it’s 7am why you so angry already?

Also his slogan is Cox for Freedom…..🤭🤭

Havent Been Following And Gubernatorial Stuff So I Didnt Know We Had A Trump Kid Running, But This Tells All.

Unfortunately the preservation of democracy as we know it is not in the hands of the left and depends more on pubs and conservatives choosing the Cheney path over the MAGA path. Not looking great so far
That's true.

What I'm hoping to see is Democrats emphasizing the fact that Donald mishandled classified info and also that the GOP voted against benefits for veterans. Do that just enough to convince those who lean right to stay home. If this is no worse than having a Democrat in charge, then we shouldn't kid ourselves about the direction in which we're going as a nation.

Toilet Paper prez tho :rofl:

CF1F62FF-52DF-4D0B-8C8F-C0DD114E7C25.jpeg
This nonsense DOES contain a kernel of truth: universities have used the easy accessibility to loans to jack up the cost of education. Trapping people in a lifetime of debt is terrible, but it is a lot more easily solvable than:
- getting addicts to give up drugs
- making mass murder a part of your business model
- countering the negative perceptions that comes with having been associated with certain drugs (as user or consumer).

Just pay back? Those people should be sent to jail themselves.

This is like the one episode of Billions.

Jail in America is for Black people first. Then poor people.

This is a reality we’ve always known.

You gotta REALLY **** up as a wealthy person. And even **** up even more, and just be sloppy as a wealthy white person to face accountability.

Corporations are treated as people, thanks to Citizens United. Except when it’s time to face consequences.

That's true.

What I'm hoping to see is Democrats emphasizing the fact that Donald mishandled classified info and also that the GOP voted against benefits for veterans. Do that just enough to convince those who lean right to stay home. If this is no worse than having a Democrat in charge, then we shouldn't kid ourselves about the direction in which we're going as a nation.

This nonsense DOES contain a kernel of truth: universities have used the easy accessibility to loans to jack up the cost of education. Trapping people in a lifetime of debt is terrible, but it is a lot more easily solvable than:
- getting addicts to give up drugs
- making mass murder a part of your business model
- countering the negative perceptions that comes with having been associated with certain drugs (as user or consumer).
Liz losing in Wyoming is pretty much indicative that it has become more like a Trump party than a hardcore republican state. Its funny how those fools still consider themselves as hardcore republican voters while blindly giving their full allegiance to Trump.

Jail in America is for Black people first. Then poor people.

This is a reality we’ve always known.

You gotta REALLY **** up as a wealthy person. And even **** up even more, and just be sloppy as a wealthy white person to face accountability.

Corporations are treated as people, thanks to Citizens United. Except when it’s time to face consequences.

Obama got raked over the coals for wearing a tan suit. Trump embezzled millions of dollars, was absolutely reckless as a president, and tried to overthrow the government. That pencil-**** fatass is still living on a beach.

American Democracy is under seige by trump cult radicalism than partisanship. I'm not sure how freedom of insane beliefs can be prosecuted as a crime unless the rhetorics become a danger to society, the constitution, and the government. I believe the government and Biden can outlaw and have people and media arrested as they become as threat to national security. I guess money takes priority over it as Fox News is still allowed to spread misinformation.

Obama got raked over the coals for wearing a tan suit. Trump embezzled millions of dollars, was absolutely reckless as a president, and tried to overthrow the government. That pencil-**** fatass is still living on a beach.
Joe Biden got attacked heavily on Fox News because of Major.

Back
Top Bottom