***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Shocker, the Supreme Court sided with a cement company over workers from a strike in 2017.

Hitler also went after labor unions before Jews.

Trump called him "Rob" so convincingly that one, I'm not sure it was an accident and two, for a second I thought "what's the joke...that's his name, right?" then quickly remembered it's Ron :lol: Campaign Trump is a Top 5 Troll/Villain of all-time

Glacier had accused the union of intentional property destruction during a 2017 strike when a group of drivers went on strike on a day when their mixing trucks were filled with concrete for delivery to customers. The company had been forced to discard the unused product at a financial loss. If the concrete is left in the trucks to harden, the vehicles can sustain serious damage.

The supreme court overruled the Washington state supreme court ruling that the loss was incidental to a strike that could be considered arguably protected under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).

Things like nascar posting about gay pride is so corny to me.

I know you just crunched the numbers and figured it would make you more money you really expect me to think you actually care about gay pride?

Things like nascar posting about gay pride is so corny to me.

I know you just crunched the numbers and figured it would make you more money you really expect me to think you actually care about gay pride?

While I agree with you, it’s still hilarious to see them mad over it.

Saw a comment about the Target thing the other day “target has no values, they chase dollars, if Nazism was the most popular ideology in America, they’d sell Nazi swimsuits.”

All these companies care about is profit.

I agree with Jackson's dissent, that this could open up a major can of worms or at least preview more bad things to come.

But the union should have played it better. It was kinda obvious they were trying to **** over the companies beyond what was just gonna be incidental.

The NLRB might still rule against them too from my understanding

Last edited:
What's going on with my man's haircut :rofl:

images (4).jpeg

While I agree with you, it’s still hilarious to see them mad over it.

Saw a comment about the Target thing the other day “target has no values, they chase dollars, if Nazism was the most popular ideology in America, they’d sell Nazi swimsuits.”

All these companies care about is profit.

Oh yeah the comments are funny for sure, I’m saying it’s corny. Everyone sees right through it, like you said all they care about is profit.

Delta’s office here has big *** rainbow and BLM flags all over it. Like who are you trying to fool? You just didn’t want your building burnt down a few summers ago.

But the union should have played it better. It was kinda obvious they were trying to **** over the companies beyond what was just gonna be incidental
I wouldn't be surprised that the company decided to continue operations as if they didn't know a strike was imminent. They don't happen suddenly, and if the company didn't have a contingency plan, that's on them.

There are a lot of businesses that would accept losses instead of accommodating their employees. It's a terrible precedent to set if they are allowed to use the law to force employees to work under the pretext that ceasing activities will negatively impact businesses.

Back
Top Bottom