***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-of-federal-workers-and-freezes-pay-raises/

Trump ordered a hiring and pay freeze for all federal workers, including the US Military

-Congrats Federal workers that voted for him, ya played yourself

The plan excludes the “military, public safety, and public health.”

also says this disrupts the current hiring of people in case there is some corruption going on

I'm guessing since his approval rating is low he feels people might be hired on the outside to get him now that he is president :nerd:

Last edited:
I don't see any problem withdrawing from TPP

Might be the only move I have approved of Trump so far

Yo son EVERYTIME I see Cruz smug face I can't help to think of Kevin from The Office....

Seriously tho, you can look at his face and see dude has no backbone...

Cruz might be the most pathetic human being on Earth. Trump disrespected every aspect of his life yet dude is out here @#$ kissing like a spineless coward. He had one redeeming moment in the RNC when he called out Trump but wasn't strong enough to stand by his words, just like the loser bigots in this thread.

Last edited:
I'm eager to see these sheltered Americans that voted for Trump jump on these minimum wage jobs that were once outsourced...bunch of hypocrites, talmbout bring jobs back knowing damn well they not about to do them.

One day the United States will be debating whether or not they should enter into trade deals negotiated by China, instead of the other way around.

TPP kills US jobs period. Calling India to find out why package hasn't arrive from Target is always a grueling process! :lol:

TPP kills US jobs period. Calling India to find out why package hasn't arrive from Target is always a grueling process! :lol:

I am not well versed in the pros and cons og the TPP beyond a few items imcluded in it (IP laws and jurisdiction issues), but I do remember that one of the reasons the US wanted in was to expand its influence in Asia to counter the growth of Chinese influence.

I don't see any problem withdrawing from TPP

Might be the only move I have approved of Trump so far

care to sum up what this means to you?
From what I have read, correct me if I'm wrong, the deal would have lead to job losses and higher inequality for the US and multinational investors can sue any country they feel like violates the agreement in an international tribunal even if it contradicts the laws of the country they are suing.

I would like to hear why the TPP should be upheld

I am not well versed in the pros and cons og the TPP beyond a few items imcluded in it (IP laws and jurisdiction issues), but I do remember that one of the reasons the US wanted in was to expand its influence in Asia to counter the growth of Chinese influence.

Very true at the expense of jobs here in America. Large US Corporations will be profiting tremendously from this agreement by outsourcing jobs to low wage workers in South East Asia whom have zero or no worker right regulations such as labor, health, environmental, and financial laws.

Here's a good analysis of the cons of the TPP

http://www.citizen.org/documents/analysis-tpp-text-november-2015.pdf

Very true at the expense of jobs here in America. Large US Corporations will be profiting tremendously from this agreement by outsourcing jobs to low wage workers in South East Asia whom have zero or no worker right regulations such as labor, health, environmental, and financial laws.

Here's a good analysis of the cons of the TPP

http://www.citizen.org/documents/analysis-tpp-text-november-2015.pdf
Tufts also had an economic analysis on the trade agreement and how it would affect the US

http://www.ase.tufts.edu/gdae/policy_research/TPP_simulations.html

Back
Top Bottom