***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I remember I was in high school a teacher made a good point, teenagers and young adults think they're invincible. It's so true. Homedude doesn't think he could get into a car accident or trip and fall hard and need an ER visit? Personal experience, those are $$$$$ without insurance.

Ever since I was a kid I've been obsessed with my own death. It terrifies me. But it was always something far off in the future that I had to worry about.
I'd live a nice long life and then drop dead in my 80s or something. That's how I would comfort myself whenever I thought about it.
Then I almost died in my late teens and it was a harsh realization that any day could be my last. It was a tough time but I'm better off for it now.
The subsequent years grappling with the fear of my newfound mortality gave me something that few young people get, perspective.
Health is fleeting. Anything can go wrong at anytime. Everyone needs insurance. Period.

it's kind of like the news, in that we really can't regulate what someone chooses to post. I feel more of the blame lies on the uninformed, I am right and you are wrong types. those are the people who scare me. it's like trump was the messenger, and the ones sending the message don't give a **** about it as long as their message is considered the truth.

it's kind of like the news, in that we really can't regulate what someone chooses to post. I feel more of the blame lies on the uninformed, I am right and you are wrong types. those are the people who scare me. it's like trump was the messenger, and the ones sending the message don't give a **** about it as long as their message is considered the truth.
they've been defunding education and the arts for a long time now. and yet our military budgets increased and now we have a lot of people who will blindly follow a dumb leader

makes complete sense

yeah, it's an issue of systematic oppression. but people not wanting to see themselves as weak will not admit to being taken advantage of, then look for scapegoats. this storm has been brewing for an extremely long time, so long, the game has been perfected. they could steal babies and convince people, not all, that it's a good thing. they could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and skate.

Social media, hell the internet in general, has given any random moron the soapbox to say the dumbest stuff and have it heard/read by hundreds/thousands/millions

It's like celebrity culture but for average idiots. And then the dumber people who pay attention it's a vicious circle. It's why "YouTube star" or "influencer" is an actual job title :smh:

Social media, hell the internet in general, has given any random moron the soapbox to say the dumbest stuff and have it heard/read by hundreds/thousands/millions

It's like celebrity culture but for average idiots. And then the dumber people who pay attention it's a vicious circle. It's why "YouTube star" or "influencer" is an actual job title :smh:
It’s the negative downside of the internet. It’s given us the ability to reach across the world to otheres in an instant and make actually knowledge so accessible it’s access to the collective consciousness. But it’s also gives us access to the worst of us and plenty of dumb **** false information for peope to rally around

the accountability would be losing posters, subs, and ads. the sad thing is, our country is so divided right now there would be a significant number of people using different venues, therefore, losing business. if people stopped using whatever platform for these ads, it would become an issue. the bigger problem is these as Sholes were elected into office, and the people doing the electing are cheering on the would be censoring of opposing views, beating the wardrums, and furthering the divide between the USA and world.

the accountability would be losing posters, subs, and ads. the sad thing is, our country is so divided right now there would be a significant number of people using different venues, therefore, losing business. if people stopped using whatever platform for these ads, it would become an issue. the bigger problem is these as Sholes were elected into office, and the people doing the electing are cheering on the would be censoring of opposing views, beating the wardrums, and furthering the divide between the USA and world. it is us who will be held accountable in the end. and that sickens me.

It's one of the greatest tools we have been given as a society being used for the greatest evil.

I would love the internet to remain as a REFERENCE only and delete all social media aspects

that is the inherent danger in great innovations. the greater the potential of a tools uses, it goes for both creation and destruction. guns, nuclear power, cars, to name a few. it is up to the knowledge of those using the tools to create to offset the mindset of those who choose to destroy or be the sole benefactor. that is why they choose to limit and manipulate the knowledge and wish us to rely on instinct, which is based in fear.

I remember not being afraid of getting hurt till had to pay for my own bills. That invincibility can be expensive.

On the subject of social media, I do think that while they should exert some level of control on what is distributed through their channels, the responsibility to be properly informed should fall on the citizenry and their representatives. There should be some sort of consequences for the originators of false news, not the channels of distribution themselves. Still, our greatest weapon against propaganda is and will always be education. I'm mostly talking about teaching k-12 students how to properly evaluate and select sources of information, how to check the veracity of the info they absorb, and most importantly, that it isn't the end of the world to be wrong about something you've been taught. After all, as Pythagoras once said, "all I know is that I know nothing." :D

A lot of the education comes from home, as well. these older ideas of societal standards are being phased out, and it's scaring the **** out of certain bases.

DL8jLLXV4AASx10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom