***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Praise yourself when stocks rise brehs
Praise yourself when stocks plunge brehs

mindblown.png

until he realizes how much of a childish *** he is, slips up and makes a comment about it, and they eat each other alive on twitter.

One can only wish to one day acquire such a high IQ! Impossible in a lifetime tho.

We have a once IN a generation PRESIDENT ELECT COMRADE KSTEEZY. I'M very impressed with your buy in on Da DON'S AGENDA. I would be honored if you would accept the position as my HUD SECRETARY for my 2028 run.

As I see it. DAPPER DON steps aside for the KING OF THE HUD BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CARSON to run in 2024. I run in 2028 followed by COMRADE NOSKEY in 2032. WE GET THE COAL AGENDA POPPING AND LIBBIES WILL BE DESTROYED.

Problem is, you're discounting da lack of perceived accountability a white person in 2017 feels they had a hand in da "systemic oppression" what spurs da extreme rhetoric from black members of BLM or whatever they wanna equate Spencer and his ilk with.

Da first reaction most caucasians have is, to borrow rhetoric from da certain folks is "what privilege?"

Here's today's NPR link that perfectly doves with da point.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/thirty-four-ways-talk-about-race/

Da utter blind spot da author failed to address is da fact that he assumes da politics of races that he subscribes to applies universally, but it only applies to American shores of jurisdiction and to a declining segment of WASPS.

Da things da guest is depicting as "white privilege" is merely da relflection of living in a majority population, which is not a exclusively white thing when you go abroad, or live in a domestic ethnic diaspora bubble where your peers mirror you. da author can't assume shared experience from immigrants who just got here, and dont care about prior history of folks who came before them, including slavs, nordics, etc.

As a nation of immigrants da United States is, da sins of da past of one racial group will no longer feel applicable to future born whites who see rhetoric as "all white people are racist/dangerous/bigots/etc. as incendiary as a Richard Spencer and his brand of vitriol.

This is why when Trump says things like "both sides" in reference to Antifa/Neo Nazis are different sides of da same coin, there's traction with large reasonable swaths of da population.

Well you're spot on in describing the reaction that a majority of white people have to having their privilege called out.

I think you and I disagree on the robustness and reach of white supremacy. While I see white supremacy as a powerful force, I do think that the term "white privilege" is not the best from a linguistic standpoint. For most speakers of American English, privilege is synonymous with wealth and status. There are a lot of white people who have neither.

It is not a good look when upper middle class and upper class whites in academia and the media and politics tell poor white folks that they are privileged because it sounds like you're tell the the guy who makes 12 grand a year that he is wealthy. It sabotages your credibility as a messenger and closes of a lot of white people from being able to listen to the bigger argument and that is the fact that white supremacy is powerful force in our society.

A better way to message it would be to tell white people that many of them have very real and valid struggles but those struggles are never due the fact that they are white. Furthermore, a struggling white community at least will have its struggle recognized as valid and not simply dismissed as being just a failure of character, as is usually the case when communities of people of color struggle.

We have a once IN a generation PRESIDENT ELECT COMRADE KSTEEZY. I'M very impressed with your buy in on Da DON'S AGENDA. I would be honored if you would accept the position as my HUD SECRETARY for my 2028 run.

As I see it. DAPPER DON steps aside for the KING OF THE HUD BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CARSON to run in 2024. I run in 2028 followed by COMRADE NOSKEY in 2032. WE GET THE COAL AGENDA POPPING AND LIBBIES WILL BE DESTROYED.

I would be HONORED! Living in a weak, sad Libbie state with a lack of Coal Mines, I will celebrate by sticking my mouth on my neighbors Dodge pickup exhaust and telling him to rev it to 3000RPMs so I can acquire my black lung faster! Let me not forget to mention he has a Trump/Pence MAGA bumper Sticker

On the subject of social media, I do think that while they should exert some level of control on what is distributed through their channels, the responsibility to be properly informed should fall on the citizenry and their representatives. There should be some sort of consequences for the originators of false news, not the channels of distribution themselves. Still, our greatest weapon against propaganda is and will always be education. I'm mostly talking about teaching k-12 students how to properly evaluate and select sources of information, how to check the veracity of the info they absorb, and most importantly, that it isn't the end of the world to be wrong about something you've been taught. After all, as Pythagoras once said, "all I know is that I know nothing." :D

Nice post, but I thought it was Socrates that said "all I know is that I don't know anything "

Which ties into your dialogue about education. I took it and ran with it.

Back
Top Bottom