***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wonder how many countries ninja has traveled to not counting the USA and DR...major lack of perspective shown when using personal anecdotes to explain anything on a national level.

NYC on balance is better.

i got a class A CDL with a hazmat..you can't talk to me about going thru hoops for ID

every including African Americans should be thankful for being born here.

jim crow era >>> being Islamic slave chattel.

straight facts.

what else you got?
Your opinion is not facts

I know plenty of black people that have been born overseas or have left America for better opportunities.

So are African Americans should not demand better?

Ninja, you really need to stop using anecdotal evidence to dismiss widespread trends. The rest of the country doesn't operate like the few instances you see.

how is that anecdotal? thats a national problem regarding college admissions with asians as well as a city problem causing tension with da asian community... there's a supreme court case pending about it too.

I'll answer that for you, you don't get it.

Anyways bro, maybe one day we can talk about this like grown men with an open mind.

I wonder if Ninja would support trying to use one or a few anecdotes to translate into broad statistics without taking into account anything outside of those anecdotes. Surely he wouldn't mind.
CL-1B was banned for nazi apologism
Blco2 was banned for racist remarks in police brutality threads
Titanium Tea was banned for racist remarks
Meth has called out Ninja himself for trying to defend racism and discrimination, also adding that this behavior constituted to supporting racism.

All of the above individuals happen to have a few things in common. I'm sure Ninja would support the idea of applying these select few anecdotes to create broad statistics and generalizations.
Trying to use one or a handful of anecdotes to try and prove a far broader point or create broad statistics out of thin air is absolutely moronic and should get laughed out of the classroom in highschool, much less an actual adult seriously attempting to do so. It's utterly ridiculous.

NYC on balance is better.

i got a class A CDL with a hazmat..you can't talk to me about going thru hoops for ID

every including African Americans should be thankful for being born here.

jim crow era >>> being Islamic slave chattel.

straight facts.

what else you got?
Let me point this out to everyone, including Meth if he reads this. Ninja here is:

-Saying NYC is better off for administering a ineffective program that systematically targeted and violated the constitutional and civil rights of African Americans

-Demands for fair voting access for black people fall on deaf ears for Ninja because he had to get a CDL to earn a living.

-African Americans should be thankful for America and everything that comes with it.

-And slavery is worst than Jim Crow, so black folk need to be thankful things were not worst for them

And he states these are facts.

I am sorry, while I have a ton of respect for the Mod team, and are thankful for the breaks given to me, I disagree that views like these add anything of substance to NT.

They are just vile, ignorant, and offensive. And lowers the quality of this site, imo. So while I understand, I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
I know plenty of black people that have been born overseas or have left America for better opportunities.

So are African Americans should not demand better?

demanding better is conflating what i said which was accurate, on balance America was a better place than anywhere else during da times we've referencing.

we should all demand better about any and everything.

demanding better is conflating what i said which was accurate, on balance America was a better place than anywhere else during da times we've referencing.

we should all demand better about any and everything.
And some groups, especially African Americans, have more legit demands than others.

Saying NYC is better off for administering a ineffective program that systematically targeted and violated the rights of African Americans

"ineffective" based on what...da program started by bill bratton on da early 90's and cleaned up not only NY, but bratton ended up being a guru for many cities.

https://www.nyclu.org/en/stop-and-frisk-data
  • In 2002, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 97,296 times.
    80,176 were totally innocent (82 percent).
  • In 2003, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 160,851 times.
    140,442 were totally innocent (87 percent).
    77,704 were black (54 percent).
    44,581 were Latino (31 percent).
    17,623 were white (12 percent).
    83,499 were aged 14-24 (55 percent).
  • Total % of black and latino stops: 85%
  • In 2004, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 313,523 times.
    278,933 were totally innocent (89 percent).
    155,033 were black (55 percent).
    89,937 were Latino (32 percent).
    28,913 were white (10 percent).
    152,196 were aged 14-24 (52 percent).
  • Total % of black and latino stops: 87%
  • In 2005, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 398,191 times.
    352,348 were totally innocent (89 percent).
    196,570 were black (54 percent).
    115,088 were Latino (32 percent).
    40,713 were white (11 percent).
    189,854 were aged 14-24 (51 percent).
  • Total % of black and latino stops: 86%
  • In 2006, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 506,491 times.
    457,163 were totally innocent (90 percent).
    267,468 were black (53 percent).
    147,862 were Latino (29 percent).
    53,500 were white (11 percent).
    247,691 were aged 14-24 (50 percent).
  • Total % of black and latino stops: 82%
  • In 2007, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 472,096 times.
    410,936 were totally innocent (87 percent).
    243,766 were black (54 percent).
    141,868 were Latino (31 percent).
    52,887 were white (12 percent).
    223,783 were aged 14-24 (48 percent).
  • In 2008, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 540,302 times.
    474,387 were totally innocent (88 percent).
    275,588 were black (53 percent).
    168,475 were Latino (32 percent).
    57,650 were white (11 percent).
    263,408 were aged 14-24 (49 percent).
  • In 2009, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 581,168 times.
    510,742 were totally innocent (88 percent).
    310,611 were black (55 percent).
    180,055 were Latino (32 percent).
    53,601 were white (10 percent).
    289,602 were aged 14-24 (50 percent).
  • In 2010, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 601,285 times.
    518,849 were totally innocent (86 percent).
    315,083 were black (54 percent).
    189,326 were Latino (33 percent).
    54,810 were white (9 percent).
    295,902 were aged 14-24 (49 percent).
  • In 2011, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 685,724 times.
    605,328 were totally innocent (88 percent).
    350,743 were black (53 percent).
    223,740 were Latino (34 percent).
    61,805 were white (9 percent).
    341,581 were aged 14-24 (51 percent).
  • In 2012, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 532,911 times
    473,644 were totally innocent (89 percent).
    284,229 were black (55 percent).
    165,140 were Latino (32 percent).
    50,366 were white (10 percent).

From the NYPD themselves during the stop and frisk trial:
The likelihood a stop of an African American New Yorker yielded a weapon was half that of white New Yorkers stopped. The NYPD uncovered a weapon in one out every 49 stops of white New Yorkers. By contrast, it took the Department 71 stops of Latinos and 93 stops of African Americans to find a weapon.

The likelihood a stop of an African American New Yorker yielded contraband was one-third less than that of white New Yorkers stopped. The NYPD uncovered contraband in one out every 43 stops of white New Yorkers. By contrast, it took the Department 57 stops of Latinos and 61 stops of African Americans to find contraband.

I'll answer that for you, you don't get it.

Anyways bro, maybe one day we can talk about this like grown men with an open mind.

Reminds me of the episode of South Park where Stan broke down to Token about how he just didn't get it....
It's okay if you don't understand and that's kinda the point

Statistics. Crime was already trending downwards nationwide and the Stop & Frisk stats collected by the damn NYPD themselves reveal just how useless it was.

that was after da 2000's.

it was regarded very effective in da early 90's...you can argue our sustained peace is da fruits of those early years...

https://www.nyclu.org/en/stop-and-frisk-data

From the NYPD themselves during the stop and frisk trial:
The likelihood a stop of an African American New Yorker yielded a weapon was half that of white New Yorkers stopped. The NYPD uncovered a weapon in one out every 49 stops of white New Yorkers. By contrast, it took the Department 71 stops of Latinos and 93 stops of African Americans to find a weapon.

The likelihood a stop of an African American New Yorker yielded contraband was one-third less than that of white New Yorkers stopped. The NYPD uncovered contraband in one out every 43 stops of white New Yorkers. By contrast, it took the Department 57 stops of Latinos and 61 stops of African Americans to find contraband.

get da 90's stats b.

comparing the Jim Crow era to something else as horrible or more horrible, is like when Trump told Puerto Rican's, that Houston got hit with a "real" hurricane :x

Do you NOT get this?

he wasn't wrong thou. and you got da comparison backwards. he said for how hard PR was hit da little casualty number was a miraculous event compared to say Katrina.

This has been explain to him with links yet he still defends that program.

Even if it was effective it targeted minorities and violated their civil and consituational rights. That alone makes it a ****ty program.

he wasn't wrong thou. and you got da comparison backwards. he said for how hard PR was hit da little casualty number was a miraculous event compared to say Katrina.

It's not about what's wrong it's about the context of what is being said.

If I smacked SOMEBODY's mother and told them they better be lucky I didn't shoot her does the fact that what I said dismiss the hurtful thing that I actually did?

he didn't say anything that wasn't true...

you smacking someone is a horrible comparison :lol:

It isn't. Just because his comparison is true does not negate the damage that has been dealt

You like cars right? It's like if you got hit by a Ford F150 and mangled ya whip and somebody told you it's no big deal since they cousin got hit by a Freightliner

Back
Top Bottom