***Official Political Discussion Thread***

:rofl:

9BF74229-9C4E-47B3-AD69-900E037D928F.jpeg

You still need to understand policy making

With current rules, for Dems to pass "the most progressive policies" ever, then the 60th Senator voting for the policies need to be a progressive too.

If people want progressive policies, and a leftist Democratic Party, they need to be dedicated to voting and activism for at least a good 10-16 years at the minimum.

But there are some mandatory left wing clapbacks the Dems need to do if they get back in power. They wouldn't be the "most progressive ever though"
You know what I mean. Give me a break.:lol:

Everyone should read the book "Ratf***ked" (that is really the name). It discusses the GOP's gerrymandering plan.

The GOP is doing everything it can to stay in power with the least amount of votes. And make it possible for far right candidates more viable. Like I said, those boys have little respect for democracy. I read in the Guardian a couple years back, given they are bunching in cities, if liberals don't fight back that we could end up in a situation were for Dems to get a simple majority in some states, they would need to win by over 10-15 points overall.

@rexanglorum is dead on when he says the GOP is trying to set up an apartheid state. And David Frum is right when he said the GOP knows it can't gain power with these policies if we had open and fair elections.

It should terrify everyone that the Blue Dog Dems was replaced by the Tea Party because of the GOP recent antics in elections. That is just a preview if folk don't wake up. And wake up real quick

Last edited:
Military parades have to be one of the most utterly pointless expenditures possible. France does it on Bastille day every time as well. Just don't see any point to it. All the logistics and paperwork that goes into preparing a large parade and executing it, ... And to what purpose exactly? I get that in France at least it's been a tradition for over a century on their national holiday but I still don't really see the point. Roads generally aren't built for big military parades in the first place in places where those kind of parades aren't a custom.
Don't think anyone needs to see a military parade to get an idea of a nation's military power, certainly not the US who everyone knows to have the most military strength. The only real purpose of military parades is padding the ego of those who order them.

Aside from nations like France with many decades of such a tradition, you generally see those kind of parades from authoritarian states and dictatorships.

Last edited:
Military parades have to be one of the most utterly pointless expenditures possible. France does it on Bastille day every time as well. Just don't see any point to it. All the logistics and paperwork that goes into preparing a large parade and executing it, ... And to what purpose exactly? I get that in France at least it's been a tradition for over a century on their national holiday but I still don't really see the point. Roads generally aren't built for big military parades in the first place in places where those kind of parades aren't a custom.
Don't think anyone needs to see a military parade to get an idea of a nation's military power, certainly not the US who everyone knows to have the most military strength. The only real purpose of military parades is padding the ego of those who order them.

The City of Philadelphia is having a parade for the Eagles. Shutting down all schools, courts, and municipal government offices. Surely that isn't a better expenditure than a parade for the US military. You must think all parades are pointless.

Back
Top Bottom