***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Must've taken some serious thinking to figure that one out.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-cohen-isolated-believes-trump-allies-turning-on-him/
Exclusive: Michael Cohen believes Trump and his allies are turning on him
CBS News has learned that Michael Cohen, President Trump's longtime personal attorney, believes the president and his allies are turning against him. Sources familiar with Cohen's legal problems say that he is increasingly feeling isolated from Mr. Trump and his allies, and Cohen appears to be moving closer to a legal strategy of cooperating with investigators given the gulf that now exists between him and Mr. Trump.

A source says about Cohen, "the signals are crystal clear" that they are turning on him.

These new developments come as Cohen fields inquiries about whether he is going to "flip" and cooperate with investigators.

Cohen's associates say that in recent days he has become increasingly irritated by statements made in the media by the president's lawyer in the Russia investigation, Rudy Giuliani. A source tells Pegues the president's allies are trying to attack Cohen in the event that he does flip.

"This is the worst move the White House could be making at a time when the president is potentially most vulnerable and others are most vulnerable," a lawyer close to the case tells CBS News.

As a source tells CBS News, "It's clearly never a good feeling when you're in a mess because of somebody else and then that individual or the individuals around him are trying to discredit you."

Since early April, when Cohen's home and office were raided, Cohen has faced the pressure of an intense investigation into possible bank fraud charges in the Southern District of New York. In the case, referred by special counsel Robert Mueller, FBI agents raided Cohen's office, home and hotel room where they seized documents and electronic devices.

Within days of the April 9 raid, Mr. Trump's allies publicly debated whether Cohen would hold up to the scrutiny and whether he would then cave and cooperate with investigators.

Over the years, Cohen, who has acted as Mr. Trump's personal attorney and fixer, has been one of Mr. Trump's most loyal supporters. He routinely handled the jobs most would not do for the Trump Organization and for Mr. Trump himself. The attorney for adult film star Stormy Daniels has accused Cohen of paying her hush money in 2016 to cover up a relationship with Mr. Trump.

Cohen has also been a key figure in some of the Trump Organization business deals including one that would have led to a Trump Tower in Moscow. But since 2016, Cohen's activities have been under scrutiny by the FBI. He was prominently mentioned in the unsubstantiated dossier compiled by a former British spy which alleged coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives. Cohen has dismissed the allegations in the dossier and he has repeatedly maintained that he has done nothing illegal.

Who hacked this pos
gucci3.png

zoolander-gif-5.gif

Noo there has been a deep and deadly infiltration in the coal mines, A former Coalpatriot throwing libby c 4 too keep the CoalGang/CoalPatrol away

aepps20 aepps20 grab the pick axes it's time we round up the gang for our last #Coalvery
these libby nothing burger eaters will need #ThoughtsandPrayers once we're done with them
9inqGw4.gif

Trump-Digs-Coal-Imgur.gif

https://www.wsj.com/articles/prosec...ohen-for-possible-illegal-lobbying-1529012696
Prosecutors Investigating Michael Cohen for Possible Illegal Lobbying
Manhattan prosecutors have contacted AT&T, Novartis over dealings with Donald Trump’s lawyer
Federal prosecutors in Manhattan are investigating whether Michael Cohen, the longtime personal lawyer for Donald Trump, illegally engaged in secret lobbying, people familiar with the investigation said, as part of the government’s broader probe into Mr. Cohen’s business dealings.

In the course of that investigation, the prosecutors have contacted companies that hired Mr. Cohen as a consultant after Mr. Trump won the 2016 presidential election, including AT&T Inc. and Novartis AG , according to other people familiar with the matter. The companies paid a total of about $1.8 million to Mr. Cohen in 2017 and early 2018 for his insights into the Trump administration.

Investigators in the U.S. attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York are examining whether Mr. Cohen violated any federal disclosure laws in connection with his consulting deals, including whether he lobbied for domestic or foreign clients without properly registering, the people familiar with the investigation said.

Federal prosecutors in New York have been investigating Mr. Cohen for bank fraud, campaign-finance violations and other possible crimes, The Wall Street Journal has previously reported. Mr. Cohen hasn’t been charged with any crime, but the array of possible charges against Mr. Cohen could put additional pressure on him to cooperate with prosecutors, according to defense lawyers.

Mr. Cohen has previously denied any wrongdoing. Neither he nor his lawyer, Stephen Ryan, responded to a request for comment.

Mr. Cohen has never registered as a domestic or foreign lobbyist, according to federal databases. Under federal law, individuals are required to file a federal disclosure form if they contact public officials to try to influence specific policies or legislation on behalf of their clients. Individuals lobbying on behalf of foreign governments must register with the Justice Department. Violating this law carries penalties of up to five years in prison.

Companies commonly hire consultants to explain new presidential administrations, and such consultants can work for clients without registering as lobbyists as long as they avoid pitching elected officials to adopt specific policies.

Special counsel Robert Mueller contacted Novartis, which is based in Basel, Switzerland, and Dallas-based AT&T late last year in the course of his investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s associates colluded with Russia to interfere in the 2016 elections, both companies have said. The companies have said they cooperated with his requests and considered the matters closed. Mr. Trump has repeatedly said there was no collusion between his campaign and Russia.

In April, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents raided Mr. Cohen’s office, home and hotel room in New York, seizing millions of documents and more than a dozen electronic devices belonging to Mr. Cohen, according to court documents.

Evidence from the seized materials and the public disclosure last month of the companies’ contracts with Mr. Cohen likely led federal prosecutors to seek more information from AT&T and Novartis. The companies were contacted by Manhattan federal prosecutors in recent weeks, people familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Cohen entered into the consulting agreements with the two companies using the Delaware-registered company Essential Consultants LLC, the same entity through which he arranged a secret payment of $130,000 to former adult film star Stephanie Clifford—professionally known as Stormy Daniels—in exchange for her silence about an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump. Mr. Trump has denied any such encounter took place.

After the 2016 election, Mr. Cohen was among a handful of longtime Trump aides shopping their access to the White House as companies sought inroads to the new administration.

Mr. Cohen pitched himself aggressively, telling prospective clients they should fire their strategic advisers and hire him because “I have the best relationship with the president on the outside,” according to a person familiar with his approach, The Wall Street Journal previously reported.

Novartis, one of the world’s largest drug companies by sales, paid Mr. Cohen $100,000 a month for the 12 months ending in February, for a total of $1.2 million. The company believed Mr. Cohen could help it understand “how the Trump administration might approach U.S. health-care policy matters,” a spokeswoman said last month.

Novartis executives realized early on that Mr. Cohen couldn’t help with health policy but continued to pay him because his 12-month contract could be terminated only for cause, the spokeswoman has said.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan haven’t interviewed any Novartis employees, and the requests were focused on Mr. Cohen rather than any conduct at Novartis, a person familiar with the matter said. The company is cooperating with the U.S. attorney’s office, the person said.

Novartis’s general counsel, Felix Ehrat, stepped down over the payments, saying in May that although “the contract was legally in order, it was an error.”

AT&T paid Mr. Cohen’s company $600,000 from 2017 to early this year for “insights into understanding the new administration.” The company has said Mr. Cohen’s company “did no legal or lobbying work for us.”

AT&T hired Mr. Cohen as it was seeking government approval for an $85 billion takeover of Time Warner Inc. The Justice Department later sued to block the deal. A federal judge ruled against the governmenton Tuesday, paving the way for the acquisition to close. Aside from mentioning the acquisition, Mr. Cohen’s contract with the company also called for consulting on other legislative and regulatory matters.

Last week the Justice Department said department officials had no known contact with Mr. Cohen regarding the deal.

Randall Stephenson, AT&T’s chief executive, told employees last month that hiring Mr. Cohen was a “big mistake.” Bob Quinn, who oversaw Mr. Cohen’s contract as the company’s policy chief, was forced to leave over the payments to Mr. Cohen, the Journal has previously reported.

Mr. Cohen also expressed interest in pitching foreign governments, the Journal previously reported, and sought money from Qatar officials on at least two occasions.

In December 2016, he solicited $1 million from Ahmed al-Rumaihi, who at the time was head of the Qatar Investment Authority’s investment division, Mr. al-Rumaihi told the Journal. Mr. Cohen was also hired recently by a major donor to Mr. Trump’s inauguration to pitch a nuclear-power investment to the Qatar Investment Authority, according to people familiar with the matter. Qatar has said the state has never been a client of Mr. Cohen.

Other Trump associates have been investigated for foreign lobbying violations. Former national security adviser Mike Flynn, as part of his guilty plea for lying to the FBI, has admitted to false statements and omissions made in his forms disclosing his lobbying for Turkey. Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former campaign aide Rick Gates were both charged by Mr. Mueller’s office with failing to register as foreign lobbyists for their work with Ukrainian politicians.

Mr. Manafort has pleaded not guilty to that charge and other charges, ahead of a September trial in Washington. Mr. Gates pleaded guilty in February to two other charges.

Also, here is current FBI director Wray's press conference on the IG report:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...ement-on-release-of-inspector-generals-report
FBI Director Christopher Wray’s Statement on Release of Inspector General’s Report
FBI Director Christopher Wray issued the following statement during a press conference at FBI Headquarters. (Remarks prepared for delivery.)

Good afternoon, everybody; thanks for being here on short notice.

As you know, the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General released its report today on DOJ and FBI activities in the run-up to the 2016 election. I want to say up front that I appreciate the IG’s work in conducting this important review.

I’d like to take a few minutes to talk about the report, and then I’ll answer your questions.

The FBI’s mission is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution. To carry out that mission, we’re entrusted with a lot of authority, so our actions are subject to close oversight—from the courts, from our elected leaders, and from independent entities like the inspector general. That’s how it should be. That examination—that oversight—makes the FBI stronger as an organization. It makes the public more safe.

With that in mind, let me briefly address the findings of the inspector general’s report.

I take this report very seriously, and we accept its findings and recommendations. It’s also important to note what the inspector general did not find. The report did not find any evidence of political bias or improper consideration actually impacting the investigation under review. But the report does identify errors of judgment, violations of or disregard for policy, and decisions that, at the very least, in hindsight, were not the best choices.

We’ve already started taking the necessary steps to address those issues.

First: We’re going to hold employees accountable for any potential misconduct.

We’ve already referred conduct highlighted in the IG report to OPR, the FBI’s independent Office of Professional Responsibility. We need to hold ourselves accountable for the work we do and the choices we make. And we’re doing that, fairly but without delay, in the way people should expect. We’re going to adhere to the appropriate disciplinary process for those reviews, and once that process is complete, we won’t hesitate to hold people accountable for their actions.

Second: We’re going to make sure that every FBI employee understands the lessons of this report.

Because change starts at the top—including right here with me—we’re going to begin by requiring all our senior executives, from around the world, to convene for in-depth training on the lessons we should learn from today’s report. Then we’re going to train every single FBI employee—new hires and veterans alike—on what went wrong, so those mistakes will never be repeated.

Third: We’re going to make sure we have the policies, procedures, and training needed for everyone to understand and remember what’s expected of us.

That includes:

• Drilling home the importance of objectivity—and of avoiding even the appearance of personal conflicts or political bias in our work;
  • Ensuring that recusals are handled correctly and effectively—and are clearly communicated to the appropriate people;
  • Making all employees fully aware of our new policy on contacts with the news media, which I issued last November—and making clear that we will not tolerate non-compliance;
  • Ensuring that we follow all DOJ policies about public statements on ongoing investigations and uncharged conduct; and
  • Ensuring that our employees adhere strictly to all policies and procedures on the use of FBI systems, networks, and devices.
I’ve also directed our associate deputy director to lead a review of how the FBI handles particularly sensitive investigations, and to make recommendations on how those should be staffed, structured, and supervised in the future—so that every sensitive investigation is conducted to the FBI’s highest standards.

And we’ll continue to work with the department to gauge our progress in all these areas.

The OIG report makes clear that we’ve got some work to do. But let’s also be clear on the scope of this report. It’s focused on a specific set of events back in 2016, and a small number of FBI employees connected with those events. Nothing in the report impugns the integrity of our workforce as a whole, or the FBI as an institution.

As I said earlier, fair and independent scrutiny is welcome—and appropriate accountability is crucial. We’re going to learn from this report, and we’re going to be better as a result.

But I also want to be crystal-clear about the FBI that I see.

In the past 10 months, I’ve met with more than 30 FBI field offices around the country, and a bunch of legat offices overseas. I’ve visited with folks from every FBI division here at Headquarters. And in office after office, and meeting after meeting, I see extraordinary people doing extraordinary work. Again and again, I hear remarkable stories—frankly, inspiring stories—of the work the FBI’s men and women are doing to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution.

In the past few months, we’ve disrupted terrorist plots from Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco to a crowded shopping mall in Miami.

In March, we charged a ring of Iranian state-sponsored hackers with stealing terabytes of data from scores of American universities, companies, and government agencies.

We deployed more than 600 FBI folks from around the country in the recent investigation of the package bombs in Austin.

This year alone, we’ve recovered 1,305 kids from child predators—some as young as 7 months old.

We’ve arrested more than 4,600 violent gang members in just the past several months; our FBI Lab has closed thousands of cases through fingerprint identification and DNA analysis; and our Hostage Rescue Team has deployed on 27 different missions around the country. I could go on and on.

The FBI’s men and women are doing all this work with the unfailing fidelity to our Constitution and laws that it demands, the bravery that it deserves, and the integrity that the American people rightly expect. As FBI Director, I’m laser-focused on ensuring the Bureau continues to do this great work while adhering to our core tenets of fidelity, bravery, and integrity.

As I’ve been saying since my confirmation hearing, I’m committed to doing this job, in every respect, by the book, and I expect all our employees to do the same. I’ve emphasized at every opportunity I’ve had that I’m a big believer in process—that our brand over 110 years is based less on our many successes than on the way we earned them. Following our rules, following the law, following our guidelines. Staying faithful to our core values and best traditions. Trying to make sure we’re doing the right thing in the right way. Treating everyone with respect. And pursuing the facts independently and objectively, no matter who likes it.

That’s the best way—the only way—to maintain trust and credibility with the people we serve.

I appreciate this chance to respond to the IG report, and I’d also refer you to our written response included with the report. Now I’m happy to take a few questions.

Last edited:
zoolander-gif-5.gif

Noo there has been a deep and deadly infiltration in the coal mines, A former Coalpatriot throwing libby c 4 too keep the CoalGang/CoalPatrol away

aepps20 aepps20 grab the pick axes it's time we round up the gang for our last #Coalvery
these libby nothing burger eaters will need #ThoughtsandPrayers once we're done with them
9inqGw4.gif

Real Tears being shed. We've all been waiting for this moment. LIBS ARE DONE

Go ahead and declare those Audis and Toyotas a national security threat, I'm sure that'll fly at the WTO.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/14/trump-tariffs-foreign-cars-midterms-627528
Trump said to push for tariff action on foreign cars ahead of midterms
President Donald Trump wants his staff to push forward with plans to slap 25 percent tariffs on foreign cars before the midterm elections in a bid to score points with his political base, according to administration and auto industry officials.
The president believes a promise to tax cars, trucks and auto parts coming from U.S. competitors like Europe and Japan would allow him to present a concrete win to workers, the officials said.

“Trump sees the auto tariffs as part of his midterm strategy, a way to position Republicans and the White House as pro-worker,” said one senior administration official. “He views it as part of the broader story about to helping to revitalize the American-based economy.”

Raising the price of foreign cars would be the latest in a series of aggressive trade moves by Trump, who is betting that his supporters will be more focused on the protection of local jobs than on the increased costs for consumers, or the potential loss of jobs in U.S. factories that make parts for foreign cars. It would come on top of new penalties he’s already imposed on steel and aluminum imports and his tough rhetoric about trade deficits with U.S. allies.

But before he can impose the penalties under U.S. law, Trump must first get the Commerce Department to declare vehicles like Toyotas and Audis a security threat. The agency has taken the first step by launching an investigation into whether the $228 billion worth of auto and auto part imports in 2017 pose a risk, perhaps by undermining economic well-being. And now, the sources said, Trump is pressing the agency to deliver the results before voters go to the polls in November.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A Commerce Department spokesman denied that the investigation, which can take up to 270 days under the law, is being expedited for political reasons. But three industry sources said there is an obvious push to have something on the president’s desk well before the November elections as he seeks leverage in his efforts to wrest concessions from trading partners.

“He wants first to add this to the mix to strengthen his leverage with Canada and Mexico on NAFTA, and it’s going to be useful for him to use against the EU vis-a-vis their auto tariffs or Japan to try to get them to the table on a bilateral [trade deal],” said one industry source. “He wants the leverage as soon as possible.”

zoolander-gif-5.gif

9inqGw4.gif

It's time we give these turncoals the coal shoulder.

I got two passports famb. Imma just peace out
Dual citizenship FTW. I’ll just work somewhere in the EU. *shrug*
Honestly I gotta stop slacking on that. Only reason I don't have dual citizenship is pure unbridled laziness :smh:
It's only when I go and have to stand in the long *** foreigners line with the tourists for Customs that I get pissed and say ima get it :lol:

Honestly I gotta stop slacking on that. Only reason I don't have dual citizenship is pure unbridled laziness :smh:
It's only when I go and have to stand in the long *** foreigners line with the tourists for Customs that I get pissed and say ima get it :lol:

I mean I’d probably be lazy as well. But I’m naturalized American so it was easier :lol:

The perks of traveling in Europe and going through quicker lines is truly amazing. Plus EU customs is strict as hell. Won’t allow none EU citizens buy duty free items and such.

I always know when Trump has a good day - the political discussion thread isn't on the first page ...

Welp, Americans should be outraged at this report ... Admission that the FBI tried to meddle in the election in opposition to the Don and that the biased Russia investigation is the insurance policy ...

The only thing more disturbing than this report is the push to sweep this under the rug by the Left ... It is sickening ... And honestly, not surprising at all ...

I always know when Trump has a good day - the political discussion thread isn't on the first page ...

Welp, Americans should be outraged at this report ... Admission that the FBI tried to meddle in the election in opposition to the Don and that the biased Russia investigation is the insurance policy ...

The only thing more disturbing than this report is the push to sweep this under the rug by the Left ... It is sickening ... And honestly, not surprising at all ...
shut up , you only popped your head in here because cheeto jesus linked up with NK marshmellow. your savior has been tearing families apart, perjuring himself, and looking like a lame for the past three months. I’m not gon send the pure ether your way when you were ducking this thread for the past month while SK and NK were really pushing for a change but I’ ll let you enjoy your night. I’m about the positivity so keep praising your party of pedophiles, closet gay people that have to pay teen boys to get a nut, and staunch evangelicals who are against abortion but have to pay hookers to get the pill. Have a good day fam.

You are either delusional or illiterate if that is what you got from this report.

Damn, whenever your Fuhrer is under attack you dudes always stick your head deeper in the sand.

It is summer time b, tiki torches are probably on sale, go stock up at Lowe's and miss us with your BS.

Last edited:

Holding off on my Taiwanese dual citizenship cause of mandatory military service :lol:

So, another conspiracy blows up in the GOP's face but it's the fault of the "left" :rofl:

I guess it's on to the next conspiracy.

At this point if you buy into Trumps agenda you are a whole idiot. The man hasn’t kept his word nor has he built that precious wall that’s been needed /s. The main terrorist attack on US Soil is domestic and we still are here not benefiting from this godly tax cut. If you support the fool eat a pizzle and if you stopped I’m glad you saw the light.

At this point if you buy into Trumps agenda you are a whole idiot. The man hasn’t kept his word nor has he built that precious wall that’s been needed /s. The main terrorist attack on US Soil is domestic and we still are here not benefiting from this godly tax cut. If you support the fool eat a pizzle and if you stopped I’m glad you saw the light.
I'm going to eat that pizza WELL DONE with LOTS OF KETCHUP and a sprinkling of COAL DUST.

Trump is having an excellent day because every day he doesn't die of a heart attack is a MIRACLE.

Back
Top Bottom