***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Sharpen ya knives fellas. Looks like the nothingburgers are gonna get juicier:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article213135899.html

June 14, 2018 06:28 PM

U.S. Sen. Jim Risch, R-Idaho, was reportedly among numerous American politicians pursued by a Ukrainian lobbying effort now being scrutinized by special counsel Robert Mueller.

The push "engaged ... every member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee," Paul Manafort wrote in a 2013 memo to former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych. Risch has served on the committee since 2009. Mueller's team included the memo in court documents filed Tuesday in the case against Manafort.

That long-running investigation helped inspire a complaint filed with the Federal Election Commission last August. A Massachusetts attorney believes Risch received illegal foreign campaign contributions via a scheme concocted by Manafort and a former business partner, Rick Gates, in which a foreign national group backed by Yanukovych's political party used “straw men” to donate to U.S. candidates running for federal office.

it could be good and bad, i’m banking on Nor cal to swing Demo due to Frisco and Oakland while shoreline will vote repug, So cal will vote demo but we may still lose electoral votes. Until electoral college is done the state cannot be split because it can result in a Dotard 2.0

If you use the Bible in any sort argument as factual backing I lose ALL respect
I whole heartedly agree with you. I consider myself spiritual, i pull from all three monotheistic religions, but anyone that applies some of the old stuff in those books to now are idiots. The moral of the story is love your neighbors and wish the best life to everyone. I’m starting a new religion Utep 2 Stepism, church will be on fridays as that is the day we shall all get breaks

I’ll say this, I’m all for everyone having the freedom to think or believe in what they want BUT as soon as you try to peddle that into fact ALL should abide by I will shut that **** down ASAP

So we not doing separation of church and state anymore...? Or even at least trying to hide it...?

That California split isn’t going to happen. Too many complications like interstate commerce and 52 states and making new governments and people being completely clueless and simply thinking the map looks ugly.

So we not doing separation of church and state anymore...? Or even at least trying to hide it...?

That California split isn’t going to happen. Too many complications like interstate commerce and 52 states and making new governments and people being completely clueless and simply thinking the map looks ugly.
I still can't believe that got around 400,000 to 600,000 signatures. That **** gotta be fraudulent.

This three part partition of California would yield two deep blue States and a purple State “Southern California.” For maximum partisan advantage, I’d slide Los Angeles County into the State of “Southern California.” That massive County would overwhelm the inland counties. Meanwhile the new State of “California,” which would be a Ventura to Monterey corridor would still be blue and the State of “Northern California” would be blue with the Bay Area and Sacramento metro area out voting the hinterlands of the New State.

Every day I revel in the fact that Trump cheated to win and Special Counsel aside, it’s caused him sooooo many problems. If he would have just taken the L, we would all be better off. Him included.

I would like to see what that alternative reality looks like.
This timeline is not ideal with all the chaos and bigotry and all, but the silver lining is indeed the long and drawn out blowback against trump and his people that will last for years and be felt for decades.

Back
Top Bottom