***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Never mind walls - what you need is a roof to stop these pesky immigrants.
If only there was a way to keep track of them, like assign them a number. The number has to be visible so maybe like put the number on them. Then have some kind of camo system? Like just to concentrate them into areas..... wonder if that’s been done before? Should work

waitaminute. is it opiates, terrorists, gang members, illegal immigrants, or human trafficking?!

ALL OF THE ABOVE COMRADE. The situation at the border is the existential crisis of our lifetime. Libs cross that border every day to commit voter fraud. Our President Elect is doing what needs to be done. His Zaddy appeal is undeniable. Lock HIM UP. By him I mean Obummer.

So your decision to stop posting about your business on our forums has nothing to do with your decision to denigrate the presumed spending choices of those whose business you actively seek, is that correct?

I just think it's interesting that you've chosen NikeTalk to express your "opinions" about racism instead of your social media accounts.

Most of the racist behavior we see around here is of the "hit and run" variety, posted by those who fear accountability. We wouldn't want anyone to mistake you for someone like that, would we?

A few questions:
  • Are you familiar with the distinction between a median value, an average (or per capita) value, and an aggregate value?
  • Are you familiar with the concept of tautological reasoning or a syllogistic fallacy?
  • How would you operationalize "poor choices," and can you show us any data whatsoever that would support your conclusion that White Americans are "making better financial choices" even after controlling for income and family wealth?
If you don't yet understand the value of those questions, don't worry: you soon will.

Let's follow your existing logic for a moment. "In general," people can be racist, just like "in general, people are probably making poor choices financially." You'd be unlikely to find a recent national public opinion poll in which a large percentage of respondents do not believe that racism, or "race relations", are actually getting worse. Census data suggest that there are, very roughly speaking, four times as many "non-Hispanic" White Americans than Black Americans. Peer-reviewed research has established a correlation between "very low I.Q. individuals" and racial prejudice: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797611421206

By your reasoning, doesn't that mean that 1) any racist, selected at random, is four times more likely to be White than Black 2) most racists are White 3) thus, through syllogistic reasoning, if racists are more likely to be White, and racists are more likely to demonstrate lower cognitive ability, that White people are more likely to have low I.Q. scores?

Figure out how to defend White people from the above and you'll learn what's wrong with your ad hoc expressions of Social Darwinism.

I asked you a question sir. And it wasn't a difficult question.

Like I said, I am not racist. Nor do I exhibit racist behavior. Once again, you are trying to simplify and label me so YOU can understand me. Once again, I didn't make my statement as a matter of fact, but more of an idea based on the findings of the data that was put in front of me. Systematic! Racism just can't be the answer for everything.

Thanks for letting me know the name of the logic I used. :rolleyes
You see the data that FrenchBread provided already came with a conclusion (Blacks had less wealth than Whites).
In your example, you work to a conclusion (Whites are likely to have lower I.Q. scores). Besides that, the article you posted also took into account low levels of contact with out-groups. Apples to Oranges. But everyone in here does that so I'm not surprised.

You seem to have a problem with me posting my thoughts on NT about race. So I will avoid it in the future.

My Business is exactly that, my business.

You want to know what really contributes to the racial wealth gap...

the fact that most of America history it was illegal for African American to acquire wealth.

So does generations of housing discrimination

So does being sent to worse public schools

So does being targeted by the police, and getting harsher sentences

So does being discriminated against in the credit market

And dozens of other factors that people like you who love to deny systemic racism love to ignore.

I would agree with this for the most part. However, none of these are a major problem today. These were primary contributors to the gap but there is plenty of opportunity for black to make gains now.

I asked you a question sir. And it wasn't a difficult question.

Like I said, I am not racist. Nor do I exhibit racist behavior. Once again, you are trying to simplify and label me so YOU can understand me. Once again, I didn't make my statement as a matter of fact, but more of an idea based on the findings of the data that was put in front of me. Systematic! Racism just can't be the answer for everything.

Thanks for letting me know the name of the logic I used. :rolleyes
You see the data that FrenchBread provided already came with a conclusion (Blacks had less wealth than Whites).
In your example, you work to a conclusion (Whites are likely to have lower I.Q. scores). Besides that, the article you posted also took into account low levels of contact with out-groups. Apples to Oranges. But everyone in here does that so I'm not surprised.

You seem to have a problem with me posting my thoughts on NT about race. So I will avoid it in the future.

My Business is exactly that, my business.
But can you post these studies you used to cite black Americans not being as financially responsible as whites? Not a hard ask.

There should be an ad running everyday with all the statements uttered by these people in small clips stitched together just to remind their supporters of the HYPOCRISY.

Then: Mexico will pay for the wall
Now: What I meant was not through a check

Then: I will own the shutdown blah blah blah
Now: Dems are to blame for the shutdown

Just a few ideas :lol:

tenor.gif

I would agree with this for the most part. However, none of these are a major problem today. These were primary contributors to the gap but there is plenty of opportunity for black to make gains now.
Here is where you are wrong: in a system where a group has been given the ability to earn significantly more wealth than the other member groups (and consequently, a much higher purchasing power than other groups), limiting access to basic needs (education, healthcare, food, safety) necessary to preserve society through pricing becomes a certainty if cost of access is not controlled by an independent entity.

In the kind of free market libertarians and conservatives want, this is exactly what happens. "Separate but equal-not-really" is no longer legal, it becomes commercial and harder to police because of plausible deniability. Such a system eventually devolves into the kind of society that we see in third world countries, with a small elite that can afford anything they want (because they control everything, including what should be property of the public) and a poor majority that can barely eat once a day.

In a country like the US, where wealth acquisition has been a racial issue from the beginning of the country, it means that the small elite in the scenario above is likely to be WASP, and future opportunities will mostly be available to them.

That is what is meant by systemic racism.

Back
Top Bottom