***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So I haven’t been to work in about 3 months.

It’s about a 50/50 snowflake/deplorable split.

All the sudden I hear all the deplorables saying “I hope Biden or Michelle Obama runs”

I stay out of politics at work but I just thought it was funny how the all switched.

And let us remember Trump and Obama are not the same.

It is one this to say you want a xenophobic racist to fail at robbing the middle class to give it to the rich, inflicting cruelty on marginalized groups, and ripping away health insurance from millions.

It is another thing to say you want a empathetic unity candidate to fail in saving the economy, giving million health insurance, and saving our environment.

I won't stay on da sidelines any longer while you spew this conjecture and innuendo. Trump is way better than Obummer ever was. You ALWAYS talk about healthcare but you never talk about fast food. You know what happened when Obummer used the executive order to shut down the Honker burger. #Nothingburgers4us

They are not my first choices but Warren and Bernie.

Biden can't stop talking about his "Republican" friends. The status he has as a defender of the middle class and fighter for marginalized groups is from Obama.

Fair enough. They both might be seen as fighters possibly, but I just don’t see Warren being able to go toe to toe against Trump. I think Bernie will run out of gas....that’s if Beto doesn’t knock him out of the ring before he even gets started.

I’ll go with Joe Biden, Beto, and Sherrod Brown in that order.

“Where do you stand on some form of reparations for black people? Here you see Mayor De Blasio saying the marijuana economy could be a form of reparations. Marianne Williamson says black people should get a hundred billion in slave reparations–like, where do you stand on it?” Charlamagne asked.

Harris responded:

Well look, I think that we have got to address that again, it’s back to the inequities. There, through–look, America has a history of 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow. We had legal segregation in America for a very long time. The Voting Rights Act was only strong for 50 years and then they wiped it out with this United States Supreme Court in the Shelby decision, to the point that 22 states immediately thereafter put in place laws that one court found were crafted with surgical precision to have black people not be able to vote.”

So we’ve got to recognize, back to that earlier point, people aren’t starting out on the same base, in terms of their ability to succeed and so we have got to recognize that and give people a lift up. And, there are a number of ways to do it. Part of my initiative again around the ‘Lift Act’ is that same point–you lifting people up who are making less than a hundred thousand dollars a year. What I want to do about rent is the same thing. What we need to do around education and understanding disparities, what we need to do around HBCUs. But we have a history of racism in America.

Charlamagne asked again, “So you are for some type of reparations?”

“Yes I am, yes I am,” Harris responded.

Fair enough. They both might be seen as fighters possibly, but I just don’t see Warren being able to go toe to toe against Trump. I think Bernie will run out of gas....that’s if Beto doesn’t knock him out of the ring before he even gets started.

I’ll go with Joe Biden, Beto, and Sherrod Brown in that order.
If I had to vote for Biden in the general I would. But I am definitely not supporting a Democrat in the primary that was done as much fowl **** as Biden. Dude was right on some Republicans on criminal justice, and he helped sabotage school integration at the federal level.

Sherod and Beto, especially Sherrod, are way better than Biden.

I'd vote for Joey before I'd vote for PRIMETIME. Primetime spends just as much time fighting with his own squad than the other side.

The GOP stay snitching on themselves and make their supporters, who defended them, look like complete morons and suckas.

These parts especially:

Mulvaney casually confessed last week that nobody cares about the deficit. Mulvaney of course spent the Obama era claiming to care about the deficit a lot — so much, indeed, that he was willing to shut down the government or even default on the national debt in order to reduce it. The debt hysteria was manufactured to cover a different agenda. Republicans wanted to force Obama to reduce popular domestic spending programs so they could cut taxes for the affluent. But since neither cutting retirement programs nor reducing taxes for the rich are popular goals, Republicans framed their policy as “deficit reduction,” and the debt-scold community and most of the mainstream news media took this framing at face value.

The Republican Party of the last quarter century regularly toggles between methodological extremes. When they gain the presidency, they dismiss congressional oversight and fiscal responsibility alike as totally unnecessary. When they relinquish it, they pursue both to fanatical extremes. Either they are blowing up the deficit and covering up wild crime sprees, or they are demanding senseless austerity and conducting permanent, redundant investigations of phantasmal Fox News–generated nonevents.

Member how Da Indapendent couldn't go one post without mentioning DA DEFICIT B? Crazy how that talking point has disappeared.

she actually called herself black :wow:
tenor.gif

I tried to tell you that she identified as black a while black and you weren't trying to hear it.

If I had to vote for Biden in the general I would. But I am definitely not supporting a Democrat in the primary that was done as much fowl **** as Biden. Dude was right on some Republicans on criminal justice, and he helped sabotage school integration at the federal level.

Sherod and Beto, especially Sherrod, are way better than Biden.

I hear ya. Obviously Joe Biden is far from a great candidate or even overall the best candidate, but I do honestly think he has the BEST chance to beat Trump.

BTW, while the progressive in me would like to support the New Green Deal

The wonk in me has to say no.

It is so unfocused, and has put forward do real plan on how to pay for it.

i would like it more if it just focused on the environmental side and didn't ask me to believe in some an economic school of thought that the writers on the proposal seem to not understand themselves. Or even worst, they do understand and they are intentionally being dishonest

I like this lady.

The delivery seems to be the issue and is a reach in my opinion. "All about the Benjamins" on its surface is a reference to money, not jewish people. Can't see the problem with calling out supporting a stance based on campaign donations.

I guess she can do better with her tweets.

yo could obama be his vp :nerd:

Yeah but I don’t see him doing that. Why would he take a step back?? Also I think he’s busy enjoying “retirement” with Michelle, speaking gigs and doing things with his foundation.

If Kamala plays her cards right she could be picked as someone’s VP selection. Not that that’s what I personally want per say but it is what it is.

tenor.gif

I tried to tell you that she identified as black a while black and you weren't trying to hear it.

Wait when did she ever not indentify as black? :lol: Is that what "woke" twitter is spreading now.

Also, I don't know why we keep bringing up Biden like he even has a chance in the primaries. He has no lane in this election cycle.

Back
Top Bottom