***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'General' started by rico x hood, Oct 4, 2012.

1. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

Does Pete have a jumper? He's from Indiana right he's gotta have a jumper right?

Getting some photo op's getting some shots up would be helpful.

2. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

Beto finna up the ante by taking some photos of him playing soccer.

Couple shots of him taking Miguel's ankles with a step over dribble and he gonna have Zona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Cali locked up.

Sharpshoeter13 likes this.
  3. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

I really don't understand what you see in Beto. He's just a dumber, straighter, more emo Mayor pete, with a head start.

Beto gives me Rubio vibes, he'll choke when it counts.

plansb and whywesteppin like this.
  4. ajiiiplatinum

ajiiiplatinum

Disappointed in the NYTimes
    The Post and WSJ hate Bernie but thought NYT would give him a better shake.

Its ok to be a Millionaire/Billionaire
    No one is saying its bad. The issue is that Billionaires dont pay their fair share and in fact should pay more as a percentage.
    You can be a Millionaire or Billionaire and still advocate for policies that benefit the poor and address income inequality.
    A white person can advocate for latino/african american issues.
    A jewish person can advocate for christian/muslim issues
    Hopefully people are smart enough to see through this attack

95E58627-77C5-42B4-B842-A59006F4255F.jpeg 39518601-9083-4E8A-86DC-CCA4DD8F94BC.jpeg

gry60 and noskey like this.
  5. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

6. elpablo21

elpablo21

Lmaoooo

fargin and Sharpshoeter13 like this.
  7. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

I'm not riding for Beto like you are riding for Pete. I am just not as impressed by Pete as you.

Second, right now they both share the same political strength, they are great poltical communicators, but just slightly different in how they use their gifts. To use a baseball analogy, Pete is a contact hitter, Beto is a home runner hitter. Pete answers nearly all questions posed to him well, but he has not come close to the highs of so e of Beto's responses. But some of Beto's answers are verbose and flat

What really matters is who can build a reliable coalition. Is seemingly is better position for that, so I think Beto has the edge in that department.

On a personal level I would vote for Beto over Pete because I do not like Pete's framing of racial justice issues. I feel Beto is much better in that area.

plansb likes this.
  8. AEA18

AEA18

Ha

9. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

any other clips from the town hall
    or where i can watch it

10. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

Here is the thing. While those outlets are acting in bad faith, so was Bernie when he used similar attacks against Clinton.

Not gonna feel sorry for the same energy he put out there coming back to bit him

This is a none issue anyway. Primary voters will not care

gry60 and boris like this.
  11. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

Fox News anchors live in a conservative bubble. They honestly think that right wing economic policy is popular with their base, it is not. Most middle to poor conservatives want Democratic economic policy, but with Republican social policy.

AOkae, Wargames, boris and 3 others like this.
  12. noskey

noskey

AMEN. Beta Bernie out here turning his back on the hard working, coal mining, MAGA living TRUE MERICAN HEROES by earning money. We dont want money and we dont want our politicians to want money. We want a WALL. And to LOCK HER UP. **** your healthcare, **** your equality, and **** your accountability. THE MERICAN PEOPLE OF SEVERAL STATES HAVE SPOKEN FOR THE COUNTRY.

13. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

Yup.. everyone knows the deal

Tax breaks for the very rich

And then play up to the stupid and/or racist

Nike Jordan and Sharpshoeter13 like this.
  14. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

The optics of this Townhall is great for Bernie and horrible for Fox. :lol:

Sharpshoeter13 likes this.
  15. ajiiiplatinum

ajiiiplatinum

I still don't see what he did to Hillary. Hillary had sold out. Asking her about Wall Street money was good for the public and future sellouts. Bernie earned his money from Books not by selling out to corporate interest. I voted for Hillary when it came down to her and Trump.
    Bernie can take these attacks but it's disappointing to see the NY Times choose sides. NYTimes like the rest of the establishment want centrists (or slightly left) candidates like Hillary, Biden, Beto, and Kamala.
    They want incremental change that will take decades. Meanwhile republicans are rolling out their racist agenda overnight.
    Dems are playing checkers.

Fun Fact: Jimmy Carter installed solar panels at the White House in the 1970s. We been ready for clean energy.
    Fun Fact: Governor Brown rolled out a UC system (Berkley and UCLA) that was free in the 50s (no tuition). we were ready for affordable college.
    Pop quiz: Guess what party was in office when the solar panels came down and the UCs started charging tuition

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  16. leavemeglazzies

leavemeglazzies

Dude's going beyond even the friggin MEMES that were created against him.

1k5rzy.jpg

Add "And if others haven't said worse, he was only joking" to the list.

17. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

https://www.thedailybeast.com/congress-subpoenas-deutsche-bank-others-for-info-on-trumps-finances
    Congress Subpoenas Deutsche Bank, Others for Info on Trump's Finances
    The House’s Intelligence and Financial Services committees reportedly issues subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and several other banks seeking information on President Trump's “finances and the lenders’ business dealings with Russians,” The New York Times reports.

Deutsche Bank spokeswoman Kerrie McHugh confirmed to the newspaper that the bank was “engaged in a productive dialogue” with the committees. “We remain committed to providing appropriate information to all authorized investigations in a manner consistent with our legal obligations,” she said.

Other banks—including Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America—have also reportedly been subpoenaed.
    The subpoenas reportedly seek materials relating to dealings the banks made with a “list of suspected money launderers from Russia and other Eastern European countries.”

The White House and the Trump Organization reportedly did not respond to the Times' requests for comment.

AEA18, whywesteppin and noskey like this.
  18. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

The Clintons were broke when Bill left office. Millions in the hole because of legal fees. Book deals (just like Bernie) and paid speeches are how they amassed their wealth. So spare me the "selling out to Wall Street" or corporate interest. It is a buzzword filled ad homiem attack that means nothing.

Btw, Carter was a massive centrist, right of any modern day centrist, and the Dems tried to stop his rise. Gore, also a centrist, was also a major environmentalist. Reagan took down Carter's solar panels. In all, I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

Reagan was also the one that start the major push for Cali universities. Yes it happened under Brown and the Dems but California voters pretty much guaranteed themselves tuition inflation because of their actions regarding taxation at the ballot box.

And is laughable that Bernie Sanders is playing chess given he thinks that his election by itself will cause the GOP to reverse course and start compromising to install social democracy. And if you are so worried about the GOP's racist agenda, then you should have major issues with Bernie being right of the field on immigration. And be demanding he adopt some of Booker's positions.

I mean seriously, it is ridiculous to think that Dems don't care about the climate or affordable college. Say they don't go far enough on the issue given the circumstances, fine, I agree, but don't ask me to ignore observable reality. I swear every Bernie supporter encounter demand I do that for the sake of making Bernie look comparatively better.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    whywesteppin, gry60 and biggie62 like this.
  19. aepps20

aepps20

Those same folks that raised their hands will vote for Trump again. Bernie is wasting his time.

20. gry60

gry60

See the article below:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014

red mpls likes this.
  21. obeahmyal7

obeahmyal7

Mayor Pete holding it down on Maddow.

22. blastercombo

blastercombo

FIXED

AOkae and Nike Jordan like this.
  23. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

AEA18, fargin, gry60 and 1 other person like this.
  24. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

I don't know, I just don't think any democrat other than Kamala or Cory are going to be substantively different on any racial justice issue. They are democrats, they are all beholden to essentially the same coalition if they win the presidency. The framing is just window dressing.

Pete putting electoral reform as the his first priority in office to me shows he really understands what the problem is in America.

red mpls and RustyShackleford like this.
  25. boris

boris

I can't imagine a lot of Americans want to be stuck at a job because they can't afford to lose healthcare. I know I've had to turn down decent opportunities because they didn't offer healthcare.

gry60 likes this.