***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Last edited:
I don't see how calling Tiger black takes away from his asian side.

It would be like saying see should not call Barrack Obama black, because of his white mother. Or saying don't call Kid Cudi is not black because he is half Mexican. Or Kyrie Irving being half Native American.

Btw, let is remember that it was Tiger Woods himself that used stories of racism against his dad, him being called the n-word at a young age, and name dropping Charlie Sifford and Lee Elder as marketing when he first came out. Also most of the racially derogatory dog whistles that people have used against him has been targeted at his perceived blackness. Saying they will cook him fry chicken, or that others golfers are considering lynching him.

Identity is a personal thing so I have no problem with Tiger wanting to identify with hat he wants. I also have no problem with people in the asian community seeing Tiger as one of their own too. But over the years whenever the issue of Tiger's race comes up, the world is reminded that for good or bad that Tiger's blackness is front and center. And Woods himself has had a hand in making it that way.

Last edited:
Surely this is pure coincidence

giphy.gif

If Mayor Pete gets the nomination, can you please, please, please, arrange a three way call with me and you MAGA supporting Uncle so I can hear his reaction when you tell him you are riding for a gay candidate.

Loool I ain't even think about that, if Mayor Pete wins they are all going to have an aneurysm. I can't imagine anything more triggering to an old Nigerian rich guy than a gay, progressive, young, millenial. :rofl::rofl:

Given my mom's status as a older black women who is more conservative than the woke young liberals that dominante twitter i had to find out her thoughts since she's probably the key voting demographic to win the primary.

She's all in on Joey Biden and not only doesn't buy this Joe Biden Me too stuff and is actually actively annoyed by it. She thinks me too is going to far and Al Franken never should have quit. :lol:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/15/trump-financial-records-1275965
Trump attorneys warn accounting firm not to hand over financial records
The president’s attorneys urged Mazars USA to not comply with an imminent Democratic subpoena.

President Donald Trump’s attorneys are warning of potential legal action if an accounting firm turns over a decade of the president’s financial records to the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

Trump attorneys William S. Consovoy and Stefan Passantino are urging Mazars USA not to comply with a subpoena that Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) plans to issue on Monday for Trump’s financial documents, calling it a politically motivated scheme to take down the president.
“It is no secret that the Democrat Party has decided to use its new House majority to launch a flood of investigations into the president’s personal affairs in hopes of using anything they can find to damage him politically,” Consovoy and Passantino wrote to Jerry D. Bernstein, Mazars’ outside counsel.

The attorneys said they were formally putting Mazars ”on notice” — an implicit threat of legal action. They also urged Bernstein to hold off on providing the documents to Cummings until the subpoena can be litigated in court, suggesting that a protracted legal battle is likely to ensue.

“The Democrats’ fervor has only intensified after the special counsel squelched their ‘Russia collusion’ narrative,” the attorneys continued, outlining a series of legal precedents that they argue prevents Mazars from complying with Cummings’ subpoena.

Last month, the committee formally requested that Mazars turn over 10 years of Trump’s financial records, related specifically to the Trump Organization, the president's revocable trust and other subsidiaries.

In response, Mazars asked for a so-called friendly subpoena so that it could comply. Cummings told the firm that it was seeking the documents to corroborate the testimony of Michael Cohen, the president’s former attorney and fixer, who alleged that Trump artificially inflated and deflated the value of his assets for his personal benefit.

Consovoy and Passantino questioned the committee’s legal authority to conduct such an investigation.

“[T]he House Oversight Committee is not a miniature Department of Justice, charged with investigating and prosecuting potential federal crimes. It is a legislative body, not ‘a law enforcement or trial agency,’ and the chairman’s attempt to assume for Congress the role of police, prosecutor, and judge is unconstitutional,” they wrote.

In a separate letter to Cummings, Consovoy and Passantino echoed Republicans’ criticism of the Mazars subpoena.

On Monday, Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the top Republican on the Oversight Committee, also wrote a memo to the panel’s members outlining his own concerns with the subpoena.

Jordan said it was a “grave abuse” of power and a violation of Cummings’ pledge to allow committee members to vote on subpoenas before they are authorized. Cummings said on Friday that he planned to issue it unilaterally due to the two-week congressional recess which began on Monday.

“I strongly object to Chairman Cummings’ unprecedented subpoena to Mazars and his irresponsible and gravely dangerous course of conduct in a singular obsession of attacking President Trump and his family for political gain,” Jordan wrote.

A spokeswoman for Cummings didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on the letter from Trump’s attorneys. Bernstein, Mazars’ outside counsel, also did not respond.

I will have to double check but I don't think Emerson is the most reliable.

Taking all polls into consideration Biden is still the frontrunner. Mayor Pete is still behind Beto (it is weird to me Beto is doing such little TV), and Booker is higher than Yang.

Last edited:
I will have to double check but I don't think Emerson is the most reliable.

Taking all polls into consideration Biden is still the frontrunner. Mayor Pete is still behind Beto (it is weird to me Beto is doing such little TV), and Booker is higher than Yang.

Beto has a better name ID and him and Pete are neck and neck, what happens when everyone knows who Mayor Pete is?

All mayor Pete needs is a surprise early endorsement and **** will be over for Beto. :pimp:

Beto has a better name ID and him and Pete are neck and neck, what happens when everyone knows who Mayor Pete is?

All mayor Pete needs is a surprise early endorsement and **** will be over for Beto. :pimp:
Beto is not even doing press right now though. In a two horse race between them I still see Beto winning.

There is no one I can think of that will move the needle for Pete that much. Unless people drop out and start endorsing him.

Only thing I thing going good for Pete right now is leftist/Bernie supporters are scare of Beto so they are focusing on smearing him early.

Back
Top Bottom