***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I did not realize that you were talking from a perspective that didn't really pertain to american laws. Your statements make more sense with that in consideration. Here, federal laws tend to change about as often as the president--if not slower. The sweeping changes you were describing would surely take time.

But never stop questioning. Hopefully you get the answer eventually.

I didn’t describe sweeping changes

And just out of curiosity I asked the 4 attorneys in my office who have been called to the bar in the US in 4 different states.. 3 of which practiced in the US, 1 clerked for a federal judge

I didn’t describe sweeping changes

And just out of curiosity I asked the 4 attorneys in my office who have been called to the bar in the US in 4 different states.. 3 of which practiced in the US, 1 clerked for a federal judge

Saying laws change all the time as it relates to federal employment laws (the internships we discussed) is sweeping. That is why I mentioned FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act). It has an entire test for unpaid interns and students.

When you asked the 4 attorneys in your office what did they say?

Again the phrases you use seem different to me probably because of your location. Like "called to the bar" is not common language here. I just had to google it and it seems it is equivalent to admitted to the bar.

Simple statement

I’m not trump or even a trump, you don’t need to interrupt my words to not make me a racist

You stated laws change all the time in a discussion related to the minimum wage and a statement, by you, that people already work for free in internships. I stated that tons of laws surround internships and you said "laws change all the time." Taking that context into consideration, I stated about as often as the president.

But we can play pretend.

You stated laws change all the time in a discussion related to the minimum wage and a statement, by you, that people already work for free in internships. I stated that tons of laws surround internships and you said "laws change all the time." Taking that context into consideration, I stated about as often as the president.

But we can play pretend.

We weren’t have a discussion

You said something, I refuted what you said

Then I made a blanket statement

Wasn’t an ongoing discussion, I try not to do that with people who have trouble understanding a pretty simple and obvious sentence

This may sound like a cruel and heartless idea at first glance, but when you think about it, this also means having to pay $0 in taxes. :wow:
Kind of like how Allen Iverson had a flawless 0 turnovers throughout the entire 2009 playoffs. :wow:

hqdefault.jpg

My favorite player of all time. Man does not get the credit he deserves.

My cousins boy called him a poor mans Westbrook and I wanted to slap his teeth out his head. Bruh like 23 but still.

190725110126-01-mother-son-mexico-border-0722-exlarge-169.jpg

190725132226-03-mother-son-mexico-border-0722-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

native americans blocking native americans from entering another part of America.
ridiculous.

Lety Perez -- is seen squatting on a dirt road. She covers her face with her hand, hiding her tears. Her other arm is wrapped around her 6-year-old son, Anthony, who is looking up at the guardsman.

Other photos in the series also show her pleading with the officer.
The images are the latest in an increasing number of chilling photos coming from the southern border, depicting both the difficulty of crossing into the US and the migrants' desperation.

this was in Juarez. I've been to Juarez before the cartel stuff became news here in the u.s. and I've been to el paso...lived there for a year. I've actually seen a woman and an infant sitting outside of a Chinese restaurant, homeless, no food, no money, nothing but asking for a chance. somebody called ice (wasn't ice yet at the time) on her and they got her and her child; put them in the back of a van and drove away.

its disgusting.

if anybody here has lived in another country then you understand or should understand. have a heart.
it is so hard to move and give up everything you've ever known only to enter a nation that ***** on you.
foreign nations have exploited and destabilized other nations which create the conditions that would make a person want to leave yet here we are with kids in cages being separated from their families, trafficking, etc.

smh in disgust.

if anybody here has lived in another country then you understand or should understand. have a heart.
it is so hard to move and give up everything you've ever known only to enter a nation that ***** on you.
foreign nations have exploited and destabilized other nations which create the conditions that would make a person want to leave yet here we are with kids in cages being separated from their families, trafficking, etc.

smh in disgust.

From the people invoking Jesus at any opportunity

Good thing pence doesn’t think he should be alone with a female.. thou

I’m not sure how Trump can be inexperienced when he’s been in public eye since like the 1970s.

It doesn’t make sense.

And how long does he have to hold the most powerful office in the world to get some relevant experience? Surely by now there would be some progress and admitting that there was a steep learning curve?

190725191540-mississippi-students-photo-emmett-till-exlarge-169.jpg

Three white University of Mississippi students have been suspended from their fraternity after a photo showing them posing with guns in front of a sign memorializing Emmett Till surfaced earlier this week.
The Justice Department's Civil Rights Division is also reportedly investigating.
The sign, which is posted outside Glendora, Mississippi, is there to commemorate the murder of Till, a 14-year-old African American who was tortured and killed in 1955 after accusations that he flirted with a white woman. He was shot in the head and thrown into the Tallahatchie River by two white men. His death became an important catalyst in the civil rights movement.
The students in the photo, which was obtained by the Mississippi Center for Investigative Reporting and ProPublica, were standing beside the sign. The sign appears to be riddled with bullet holes, but it's unclear whether the students were connected to the damage.

Deborah Watts, Emmett's cousin and co-founder of the Emmett Till Legacy Foundation, said she saw the photo Thursday and doesn't know who may have vandalized the sign.

Read More
"It marks a pretty solemn spot. This marks the spot where Emmett was shot, lynched and beaten," Watts told CNN. "To see them standing there, smiling, is disappointing, but not surprising."
source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/us/emmett-till-marker-mississippi-students-suspended/index.html

keep thinking its a game out here...keep thinking that ppl don't hear those dog whistles and keep thinking that the president isn't making certain ppl feel bolder than usual.

Ever hear of Greenwich, Connecticut? They are already doing that!
I'm not talking about the wealthy ones.
I'm talking about the Bridgeport crowd borrowing money to send their kids abroad because nepotism and corruption have trickled down to the masses.
I'm talking about American adults with college degrees moving to non-english speaking countries to wash toilets and drive trucks and cabs because **** is that rough over here.

We're still very far from that, but we are (slowly) walking in that direction, especially when you think about the cost of education coupled with stagnant wages.

Back
Top Bottom