***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Whether people believe I am a black man from Atlanta or not doesn't really matter. Doesn't change reality.
Atlanta? It all makes sense now.
fa10dcb881364b97d9de994e977223a3.gif

Surprised you're wearing hoops shorts and Forces in your identification photo instead of Patagonia and a thick leather belt.

I stated early on that I could see Kanye's candidacy helping Trump in tight races. You don't have to go back many pages to see it.

But to act like one party owns a particular vote is problematic.
You talked about it as if it were happening organically. It isn't, and you know it. That's what I'm addressing. Furthermore, you're bringing up a point nobody made (do parties own votes) and trying to force the convo in that direction. That's why your act is tired.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...g-says-success-will-heal-racism-idUSKCN25127D

Trump rejects Obama's call to boost voting, says 'success' will heal racism

2 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday flatly rejected the need for direct action to address racism in the United States, dismissing his predecessor’s call for sweeping steps to boost civil and voting rights ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

The Republican president, in an interview on Fox News, criticized President Barack Obama’s speech last week, in which the Democrat urged Americans to protect democracy and outlined a list of needed reforms such as making election day a national holiday, expanding early voting and increasing polling sites.

“There is an attack on our democratic freedoms and we should treat it as such,” Obama said in a eulogy for the late U.S. Representative John Lewis, a Black civil rights icon.
Tensions over racism and social injustice flared anew after the May 25 death of a Black man, George Floyd, at the hands of a police officer, sparking nationwide protests and debate over the treatment of Blacks and minorities.

The coronavirus pandemic and resulting steep economic crash have also disproportionately hurt minorities.
Asked what could be done to heal the nation’s racial divisions, Trump cited jobs and the economy and blamed the pandemic.
“Success will bring us together,” he said. “We had this tremendous success going,” he added. “We’re doing it again but we got interrupted by the virus.”
Trump, who did not attend Lewis’ memorials, called Obama’s speech “a terrible, terrible representation of what our country is all about.”

Polls show most Americans, including Republicans, support protesters and back some changes to policing, with many rejecting Trump’s handling of the racial discord.
Efforts to address racism have gained recent traction with a wide swath of Americans, including some whites, suburban dwellers, corporations and professional sports.
Trump, whose base skews older and whiter, has denounced protesters and touted “law and order” as part of his re-election campaign.

I thought da Second Step Act was gonna fix everything, now all we have to do is get the economy growing at 2.5% again, and we gucci.

In all seriousness, Trump is attacking a speech in which Obama says direct action is needed to fight racism.

You talked about it as if it were happening organically. It isn't, and you know it. That's what I'm addressing. Furthermore, you're bringing up a point nobody made (do parties own votes) and trying to force the convo in that direction. That's why your act is tired.

The poster I was addressing talked about stealing votes, and that is why I mentioned a particular party owning the votes.

And I didn't say anything about it happening organically.

Talking about "cancel culture" is just another dogwhistle. Call it a boycott and there's no problem but use a term coined by black americans and now it's the worst thing you can do to a person and no one is safe. Yes even you random nobody whose own family doesn't even care about them, even you can be cancelled. Oh the horror.

The way they appropriated the words “woke”, “cancelled”, “Karen” etc....and bastardized the meanings always annoys me.

The way they appropriated the words “woke”, “cancelled”, “Karen” etc....and bastardized the meanings always annoys me.

White people really won't let black folks have anything. Can't even say black lives matter without them jumping in "Well actually, ALL lives matter" then saying the phrase "BLM" is a political statement :lol:

Once again, even though delk won’t admit it, he knows trump is a racist scumbag. But. Money matters most to that filthy greedy pig delk. He will never get off his knees for trump, as long as his take home pay increases. It’s sad and pathetic, and he should be ashamed of himself.

I heard Trump has done so much for black people that could never be done under a Biden administration, and the Second Step Act should happen any day now. I'm confused to see the GOP trying to use Kanye to siphon votes.

White people really won't let black folks have anything. Can't even say black lives matter without them jumping in "Well actually, ALL lives matter" then saying the phrase "BLM" is a political statement :lol:
White people are very adept at weaponizing what we create against us. There is only one way to defeat such methods, and you can't be passive about it. This is why we cannot fear being called Black supremacists by them as well. No, I am not concerned with equality, I want freedom.

Back
Top Bottom