***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Donald Trump: "I'm committed to enacting legislation that'll help minorities improve their communities, schools, overall quality of life, etc."

NT: "Why are you acting like we're all impoverished and uneducated?! Leave us alone, we're fine!"

Donald Trump: "Oh okay, well here are some other points of my platf--"

NT: "But what are you going to do to improve the lives of minorities, huh?!?!"

Just admit it, he can't win with you guys.

This is such bull **** and you know it.

Trump plain and simple acted like all black people lived in the Ghetto, no one's argument even claim close to what you present, Trump platform no most subjects is line in all areas and he can never point to specifics on anything let alone helping minorities.

You are plain and simple pulling this strawman out your ***

Last edited:
Donald Trump: "I'm committed to enacting legislation that'll help minorities improve their communities, schools, overall quality of life, etc."

NT: "Why are you acting like we're all impoverished and uneducated?! Leave us alone, we're fine!"

Donald Trump: "Oh okay, well here are some other points of my platf--"

NT: "But what are you going to do to improve the lives of minorities, huh?!?!"

Just admit it, he can't win with you guys.

There's never any specifies, just generalities.

The amount of lies he just rambled off with such confidence was amazing to see.

We can't solve problem, you're right, if we don't have the courage to acknowledge the problem.

This isn't about Mexicans. That's the first misunderstanding here.

Contrary to popular NT belief, I'm not a die-hard Donald Trump supporter who follows every single thing he says or does. I have no idea about the specifics of his plan for minorities, sorry, but that's not my point.

(Side note: I'm Mexican and I really don't care about any "minority-specific" plan. Why should "my people" get special legislation designed specifically to benefit "us"? I'm doing perfectly fine, and I am more than happy to operate under the same laws that every other American must operate under.)

My point is that you guys won't even allow him to simply state that there are certain issues facing inner city minority communities without getting your ******* panties in a bunch.

How are we supposed to solve any problems if we don't even have the courage to identify issues?

There's a difference between actually identifying issues which news flash we already know while demonizing the groups that have those problems.

Alternatively identifying problems and actually offering solutions while also just maybe once in a while mentioning hey they're are positives as well within these communities and we'll also work to help continue that progression would be nice.

Literally if you were an alien from outer space and Drumpf was the fist person you saw or heard, you'd hate every darker complexion in this country or at tree very least have a partly negative opinion of them. And it again does not behoove him to keep talking of blatant lies as facts for political purposes.

We can't solve problem, you're right, if we don't have the courage to acknowledge the problem.

What is it about, then? Please, enlighten my ignorant ***.

Because all I'm hearing are complaints that he hasn't outlined a specific "plan for minorities"... whatever that means.

Because all I'm hearing are complaints that he hasn't outlined a specific "plan for minorities"... whatever that means.

Observations, not complaints.

From the moment he announced his campaign by painting MOST Mexican immigrants as criminals, I knew I shouldn't expect anything from him. Every subsequent action he's taken has only confirmed my initial opinion of him. That's why his pivot-that-is-really-a-360-rotation doesn't move me a little bit. It is painfully transparent that he's shamelessly lying through his teeth for votes.

Last edited:
Didn't see Drumpf's meeting with the Mexican president. Can someone give me the cliff-notes of this flip-flopping attempt to get some Latino votes?

you're right to be confused. let me explain a little my perspective, which may not be shared by others.

the problem for me is that Trump came onto the scene with at best racist insinuations (and he has proven repeatedly that his insinuations are not accidents) while also embracing clearly racist and divisive crowds. before you tell me this is just the nature of things, Trump has had dozens of chances to do what McCain did in 2008 with that old hag claiming Obama was a Muslim. He has not just failed to confront such attitudes. He has encouraged them.

So with all this backdrop, I and others have wondered aloud just how racist Trump is and how dangerous he would be if President, not just by direct action but by the feeling of empowerment that his victory would provide the alt-right or whatever the **** they're called.

In return, Trump supporters tell us and at times assure us that Trump will actually be good for minorities. So for someone who is as blatantly racist as Trump, to believe he will be good for minorities we need to see some detailed plans.

As for what this is about? It's about a lot of things, but for sure it's about racism specifically against African-Americans, something Mexicans or other minorities should stop trying to co-opt. It's what has been manifesting as innocent black youth being murdered by cops.

Do Mexicans face problems too? Yes, they do. Just look at Trump. But just because you're ok as a Mexican doesn't mean other minorities are too.

Last edited:
Didn't see Drumpf's meeting with the Mexican president. Can someone give me the cliff-notes of this flip-flopping attempt to get some Latino votes?

His meeting with the Mexican president was tame to say tree least. He says they didn't discuss who would pay for the wall. And that Drumpf is looking forward to working with him down the line. Subsequently after leaving the Mexican president says try did discuss the wall and he told Drumpf that Mexico will not pay for it.

Mexican president looks bad because his people wanted a public apology for Donald's comments and at the very least take him to task on the rhetoric he's used to describe Mexican immigrants. He did neither.

As for the speech tonight in majority it wasn't a flip flop, rather a doubling down of his stance from the beginning. Some ridiculous claims not rooted in reality were made including Drumpf somehow being able to deport 2 million people within the first hour of his presidency. The mechanisms for doing so and how the rest of the non violent criminals would be handled was not addressed. And the usual villifying of illegal immigrants was the main refrain.

From the moment he announced his campaign by painting MOST Mexican immigrants as criminals, I knew I shouldn't expect anything from him. Every subsequent action he's taken has only confirmed my initial opinion of him. That's why his pivot-that-is-really-a-360-rotation doesn't move me a little bit. It is painfully transparent that he's shamelessly lying through his teeth for votes.
If you're a Mexican immigrant (legal or illegal) and you take offense, I believe that's a reflection on you  and your  insecurities with your identity.
  • I'm Mexican but I don't see myself as part of a big, monolithic Mexican entity where I get offended by anyone who utters the word "Mexican," I can only speak for myself and my family
  • I know I'm not a criminal or a rapist, so I know he's not talking about me
  • I know my Mexican family is not comprised of criminals or rapists, so I know he's not talking about them
  • OBVIOUSLY  not all Mexican immigrants are criminals or rapists, so I know he didn't literally mean that every single Mexican immigrant is a criminal or rapist -- my brain doesn't require him to spell it out verbatim to understand that he's specifically referring to ***illegal immigrants who go on to commit violent crimes in the US***
  • I am completely comfortable with my identity -- nothing Donald Trump or anyone says about Mexican immigrants will ever make me feel differently about myself or my family
  • I am against illegal immigration, it's a pretty reasonable concept -- if you want to move to this country, come in legally like my parents did, IT'S THE LAW  (crazy stuff, I know
    eek.gif
    )
Think of it this way:
  • Would Albert Einstein get offended by someone calling him stupid? No, he'd laugh
  • Would Usain Bolt get offended by someone calling him slow? No, he'd laugh
  • Would Mike Tyson get offended by someone calling him a *****? No, he'd knock their *** out and laugh
So when anyone speaks negatively about Mexicans, I laugh, because I simply can't relate.

Last edited:
[thread="509493"]Quote:[/thread]

If you're a Mexican immigrant (legal or illegal) and you take offense, I believe that's a reflection on you and your insecurities with your identity.

• I'm Mexican but I don't see myself as part of a big, monolithic Mexican entity where I get offended by anyone who utters the word "Mexican," I can only speak for myself and my family
  • I know I'm not a criminal or a rapist, so I know he's not talking about me
  • I know my Mexican family is not comprised of criminals or rapists, so I know he's not talking about them
  • OBVIOUSLY not all Mexican immigrants are criminals or rapists, so I know he didn't literally mean that every single Mexican immigrant is a criminal or rapist -- my brain doesn't require him to spell it out verbatim to understand that he's specifically referring to ***illegal immigrants who go on to commit violent crimes in the US***
  • I am completely comfortable with my identity -- nothing Donald Trump or anyone says about Mexican immigrants will ever make me feel differently about myself or my family
  • I am against illegal immigration, it's a pretty reasonable concept -- if you want to move to this country, come in legally like my parents did, IT'S THE LAW (crazy stuff, I know :wow: )

Yeah man laws in this country currently are and have always been just.

Last edited:
You may not see yourself as this or that, but that's what Drumpf has been speaking about all these different groups (Mexican immigrants, African Americans, Muslims) as if they ARE a monolith. So clearly there is a disconnect. Funny everyone is always trying to clarify or clean up his bigoted statements. I mean he's said the same things over and over enough you lend you to believe he knows exactly what he's saying.

Last edited:
Yeah man laws in this country currently are and have always been just.
Sarcasm detector: BEEP

Not always, of course anything  slavery-related was abhorrent. 110% morally wrong.

Now, are you saying you think laws against illegal immigration are morally wrong? If so, please explain, because I would love to hear a valid moral argument for letting anyone and everyone into our country without following procedures related to national security.

@ricky robot
See, my man, it's not the fact that you're comfortable with what Trump says that's the most concerning thing to me, it's your basic lack of social understanding in this case.

Trump promotes deporting illegal immigrants: okay. No qualms there.

Trump generalizes an entire group of people based on citizenship status as rapists and criminals: not okay.

Obviously there are limits to the presidents power, so we don't need to worry about a Hunger Games stylized future. But the rhetoric Trump's peddling is dangerous in other ways. Now listen up, because as a minority (legal as your family may be), this next part concerns you.

Trump's rhetoric and campaigning has been promoting racism. Flat out. You cannot deny this, but you will surely try. As Trump's been doing this it's giving a voice back to the "alt right" aka the racist contingent, who are finding themselves politically empowered again for the first time in decades. This is why you have white nationalists running for Senate seats. This kind of campaign Trump is running will continue to empower racists to snatch power, based on this vocal and very active minority group. This is the danger. When radical groups seize power, you end up with radical motions and laws. Think Jim Crown laws, then imagine them becoming law again and spread to any non-white member of society. There are bright shades of this happening across the country in voter ID laws alone.

You yourself might not believe this is happening, I know a specific couple in here who don't (to their own ignorant detriment), but if you claim to be open minded and fair, please do your research and look into how Trump has given a voice to the white power groups again. It should be easy, the white nationalist groups are vocally and outwardly supporting and repeating Trump's messages.

To reiterate, Trump himself is not what we liberals are afraid of. It's Trump's rhetoric and the ways he's consistently and aggressively targeting certain disenfranchised groups that have been the targets of widespread racism in the past. Again, just because you are not offended by the words being used, does not mean people out there aren't being encouraged to become active in implementing racist standards again.

You do realize that meme works both ways right?

Not when you're taking what they're saying into account. Liberals aren't booing Trump because he doesn't think America is great. The irony of it all is that it's the same crowd. The same people agreeing with trump's painted picture of America not being great are the same "patriotic" people upset with Kaep for saying it.

Back
Top Bottom