***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I get the sense a lot of y'all are worried and anxious. And rightly so.

But we always knew this President and his lackeys would do what they could to hold on to power. Here's how I see it:

• Some are desperate because they're criminals and scared of prosecution.
  • Others are extortionists looking to profit off mis-information and white supremacy. The snake oil salesmen never changed, they're just here to sell a repackaged version of 'the lost cause.'
  • Others are motivated by the rush and addiction to power
  • A few others want to take the totalitarian solution to its fullest conclusion. Hitler is their idol, but they probably think he did not go far enough.
We always knew this would be a mess. But I take comfort in a few things:
  1. The margins of victory are so decisive in so many states, the legal challenges so ridiculous, and while the president asserts one thing, his white house lawyers say another, in court at that.
  2. 75+ million people made it known what time it is. I do not believe their patience and commitment has subsided or that the election results have now make them complacent. Millions of people are ready not so much to defend democracy, but their time, their efforts, the votes of their mothers, grandmothers, and so on.
If this was Bernie Sanders as the President-elect I would be absolutely frightened that a coup might actually succeed. (And that's coming from a proud Bernie supporter who also recognized the changing winds and got with the program).

But there is so much money behind Biden right now and so much desire for stability among corporate elites that I think that, in the end, money in politics, which I despise, may be the thing that obstructs the power grab.

The transition question is indeed stressful. But there are also other things we must prepare ourselves for.
  1. The continuation of Trumpism as an ideology and political project, which many have discussed.
  2. Some sort of Juan Guaido attempt by these American criminal conspirators (See Venezuela). Ghouilani was already running a shadow foreign policy. I suspect that these criminals will try to convince foreign leaders to see Biden's victory as illegitimate. Maybe that might work with Russia, Saudi Arabia, and a few other states. But Netanyahu already congratulated Biden. And the countries with real economic and political power are doing the same.
I think ultimately what may be necessary is some use of Federal troops to basically occupy the main sites of Trumpism. There's precedent for this (See Radical Reconstruction, and the tragedy of troop withdrawal in 1877).

Actual Federal protection (not just through legislation or court opinions) may be essential to defending the expansion of democratic rights for a multi-racial working class. And federal presence may help prevent the further empowerment of these ISIS-like, domestic terrorists.

Big brain plays at work here. This 'whistleblower' told investigators that he completely fabricated the sworn affidavit, in other words perjury, in which he alleged voter fraud in Pennsylvania. Now that this part of his testimony has become public, the 'whistleblower' and Project Veritas's defense is that he willfully made false statements to investigators by recanting his initial sworn affidavit.
Genius. In the clips of this new interview with Project Veritas, the 'whistleblower' says he "still stands by" the allegations in his sworn affidavit, after telling investigators that he committed perjury by willfully fabricating the whole affidavit.

BREAKING NEWS: Federal investigators try to make you uncomfortable and stress you out when they interview you.

My god these people are idiots. That 'whistleblower' might want to lawyer up and pray for a plea deal at this point.

1605058427507.gif

I think Pence going on vacation is him trying to get as far away as possible from whatever it is Trump is trying to accomplish. Of all the people on the Trump train, he might be the one who will bounce back the fastest considering that he never appeared to be involved in any of the tomfoolery these dudes are doing.
O he was def involved and hip to all the bs but he’s a quiet type and just smart enough to not wanna be all up front in the camera...He’s like 60 so in the political world he gotta keep his life after Trump viable

So tired of hearing these excuses, people legit believe this wild *** ****. All of the people cosigning this is looking GOOFY

Not surprised. These are the same people that thought Hollywood and Democrats were running a sex trafficking ring out of a pizza parlor.

"A brave patriot!", Trump says of man who either committed perjury in his sworn affidavit or committed a false statement crime by recanting it to federal investigators . I believe he told the truth to investigators and perjured himself in the affidavit but Trump clearly believes the other version. Nothing about the selective snippets from Project Veritas' recording of the interview suggests coercion or anything other than the feds' usual interview tactics, they're not a friendly chit-chat. Assuming he told the truth to the investigators, Trump praises him recanting what he told the feds. In other words, Trump is openly praising lying to the feds, one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom