***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What people are also forgetting is that there has to be a ruling in a lower court for higher courts to even hear cases. There are no rulings. The judges are throwing out the cases because there is zero merit. You can stomp your feet all you want, but if lower courts won't hear your case, you're SOL. Also, these are Trump/McConnell judges. Even they aren't having any of this nonsense. It's all backfiring on them, and it's hilarious.

There are definitely things to worry about, namely our democracy being undermined and a large portion of the country believing crazy conspiracy theories.

However, one thing we don’t have to worry about is the fact that Joe Biden won the election fair and square. To date there has been zero evidence of fraud. None. And even if PA threw out all of the mail-in votes that came in after Election Day (about 10K), Biden would still win. But let me be clear - those votes will NOT be thrown out. State Supreme Court ruled beforehand that they count. SCOTUS has no legal reason to overturn it. I doubt they even take the case.

You guys have way more faith in this democratic system we pretend to be under than I. The fact that he’s president for 2 more months and has put loyalists in key positions doesn’t give me hope this will turn out the way it should. On one hand, I think he’s just raising money. On the other, what if he is like, “**** it. Im gonna do what I can to stay here.”
What happens on 1/20 if he hasn’t conceded?

I mean damage is already done, it’s just how much

and I think you are giving people in here ways to much credit assuming we have faith in anything that’s about to happen in the next 2 months or even over the course of the next year

maybe dwalk31 dwalk31 has faith in something since he’s seemingly prepared to jump ship as soon as it is seemingly convenient

People becoming more aware and accepting of mail in voting was a huge shift for democrats and republicans knew that. That's why they kept trying to discredit mail in ballots way before the election. Voter Suppression is way worse in Black communities than anywhere else and they know people are more likely to vote if they can mail in a ballot than stand in line for 8 hours.

People becoming more aware and accepting of mail in voting was a huge shift for democrats and republicans knew that. That's why they kept trying to discredit mail in ballots way before the election. Voter Suppression is way worse in Black communities than anywhere else and they know people are more likely to vote if they can mail in a ballot than stand in line for 8 hours.

Living in the PNW, mail-in is the ONLY way to vote, and it works fine. There's no interference because the GOP knows WA and OR don't matter. They're firmly blue. They only care about swing states, and attempted to suppress that vote, and it failed miserably.

Regarding conceding, it should be noted the loser in Washington's governor race lost by a record amount of votes. Like, it's not even close. He still won't concede. He's just going to wait until the votes are certified because he's a small town sheriff (oh, wait, no he lost that job as well when the county realized he was worthless while he was campaining), who was a high school droput. He isn't even presenting any legal challenges. Again, concession means nothing. You lose, you lose.

tenor.gif

Living in the PNW, mail-in is the ONLY way to vote, and it works fine. There's no interference because the GOP knows WA and OR don't matter. They're firmly blue. They only care about swing states, and attempted to suppress that vote, and it failed miserably.
It really needs to be adopted by more states. Republican SOS won her third term by mail in ballots, must be fraud or something I guess

It’s unacceptable to the GOP that they lost some non-college educated white voters. This is just a ploy to lock up that demographic forever.

Back
Top Bottom