***Official Political Discussion Thread***

the biggest lotteries in history and do not even have the feature of being available to anyone

the giant sucking sound is money going from the investing public to a handful of bank accounts of people who suddenly become unimaginably wealthy for no particularly good reason

we're minting a new generation of those who will deploy vast resources to protect their own personal wealth and privilege

Yang gunning for Mayor of NYC?

He messed up waiting. Raymond McGuire already got the big business vote hemmed up. If he had officially pivoted to the mayor run after say the democratic convention I would have liked his odds.

He is throwing around big money if he hired Bradley Tusk and Chris Coffey. These guys are basically the best lobbyist in local NYC government

Last edited:
Join in on the stock mkt thread and laugh with us. ABNB's valuation is ****ing ridiculous.
So many things during this time are wildly overvalued
Everyone's just sitting at home trying to hit the market lotto though
I been laughing at Tesla for months :smh: It's been good for my ARKK though :emoji_eyes:

giphy.gif

So this is how the SCOTUS ruling was explained.

"9-0 that Texas doesn't have standing , but 7-2 on whether or not the court should grant leave to allow Texas to file it's petition. Thomas and Alito believe the SC must grant it since the case involves the SC's exclusive jurisdiction."

9-0! Even 2 of Trump's own appointees think this was some B.S.!

Last edited:
So this is how the SCOTUS ruling was explained.

"9-0 that Texas doesn't have standing , but 7-2 on whether or not the court should grant leave to allow Texas to file it's petition. Thomas and Alito believe the SC must grant it since the case involves the SC's exclusive jurisdiction."

9-0! Even 2 of Trump's own appointees think this was some B.S.!
Thomas and Alito, surprise, surprise

I listened to The NY Times The Daily podcast today about the Trump Admin turning down the Pfizer vaccine and if what they are saying is true, that decision is going to cost another 100,000 or so lives.

As part of warp speed the US government bought 50M doses of vaccine from each their six trial participants. Pfizer asked them in June if they wanted an additional 100M and the US government would only have to pay if the vaccine was successful. The trump admin was like naw we good. They asked them the same in October, same response. Then they asked them in November, same response. Then after the results of the trials came out they sold 200M doses to the EU instead. It was only AFTER that happened that the trump admin asked about getting more and Pfizer told them there was no way they could produce more by March because of the new contracts with the EU so they would have to wait until June.

Three god damn months lost because a US company repeatedly offered the US government a vaccine with absolutely zero risk to the US government in terms of payment and they still said no. Unbelievable incompetence at the highest level.

Last edited:
I listened to The NY Times The Daily podcast today about the Trump Admin turning down the Pfizer vaccine and if what they are saying is true, that decision is going to cost another 100,000 or so lives.

As part of warp speed the US government bought 50M doses of vaccine from each their six trial participants. Pfizer asked them in June if they wanted an additional 100M and the US government would only have to pay if the vaccine was successful. The trump admin was like naw we good. They asked them the same in October, same response. Then they asked them in November, same response. Then after the results of the trials came out they sold 200M doses to the EU instead. It was only AFTER that happened that the trump admin asked about getting more and Pfizer told them there was no way they could produce more by March because of the new contracts with the EU so they would have to wait until June.

Three god damn months lost because a US company repeatedly offered the US government a vaccine with absolutely zero risk to the US government in terms of payment and they still said no. Unbelievable incompetence at the highest level.
What pisses me off is that Trump is still trying to take credit for the pfizer vaccines. I'm really tired of him

Bruh I saw Tesla’s new internet satalites flying through the sky the other day. I thought for sure I was making contact with UFOs. Never seen some **** like that in my life.

I was actually heated when I found out it was just some Tesla bs. I wanted to believe.

what puts salt in my coffee on that one is that astronomers were not even consulted.

how tf does one guy get to unilaterally make a decision like that?

Back
Top Bottom