***Official Political Discussion Thread***

No offense to Ellison, but I would prefer Howard Dean

The DNC needs a full time chair.

Love Ellison, but like you said, he needs to stay focused on working in Congress.

Dean is a populist, Democratic Party needs populists, and Dean would get populists in office.

Dean is also the guy who brought the Dems control of House & Senate within a presidential term

2005 Dems were down 45-55 in Senate & down 202 to 231 in House

Currently down 46-54 & 188 to 246.

Also would fully expect Dean to push for a populist presidential candidate in 2020

No offense to Ellison, but I would prefer Howard Dean

The DNC needs a full time chair.

Love Ellison, but like you said, he needs to stay focused on working in Congress.

Dean is a populist, Democratic Party needs populists, and Dean would get populists in office.

Dean is also the guy who brought the Dems control of House & Senate within a presidential term

2005 Dems were down 45-55 in Senate & down 202 to 231 in House

Currently down 46-54 & 188 to 246.

Also would fully expect Dean to push for a populist presidential candidate in 2020

Another positive about Dean is that he was fair and partial to Obama and Clinton in 2008.

2020 is gonna be wide open as far as candidate. Mainstream Progressives, populist, minority candidates, moderates, everything.

I trust Dean running the show in that situation.

BTW, this is my bi-monthly "Martin O'Malley is a jackass" rant.

This fool could be in the Senate, in the safe seat, and giving the GOP hell for 4 years to build his national profile.

4 years of liberals loving the site of him, and the sound of his voice.

But Carcetti felt he was the white Obama, and played himself :smh: :lol:

trump gonna c****

We gotta make the most of this. I know it sucks, we have planet of the apes upon us (sorry, that's an insult to apes). But we are resilient people and we need to make the most of this. This could be the most entertaining and satisfying 4 years of our lives, and we could come out of this with the Republican party as we know it completely destroyed.

I call on everyone to troll Trump for the next 4 years. Constantly belittle him at every turn. Get under his paper thin skin. Take a dump in Trump tower lobbies. Rub his toothbrush on your genitals.

The orangutan will snap.

Ratings will be at an all-time high.
Tbh I rather have him shut his mouth and eat some humble pie so he doesn't embarrass us on the national stage
Then again we just got embarrassed and even got ISIS happy that Trump just got elected :x

Sidenote: Anthony Wiener a dead man doe, like seriously, if the conspriracy theories of HRC ordering hits on folks are true, it is a wrap for Los :lol:

Last edited:
BTW, this is my bi-monthly "Martin O'Malley is a jackass" rant.

This fool could be in the Senate, in the safe seat, and giving the GOP hell for 4 years to build his national profile.

4 years of liberals loving the site of him, and the sound of his voice.

But Carcetti felt he was the white Obama, and played himself :smh: :lol:

:smh: :smh: :smh:

This is/was my dude too. Was all in for him but I knew it was a little to early for him to run.

Sidenote: Anthony Wiener a dead man doe, like seriously, if the conspriracy theories of HRC ordering hits on folks are true, it is a wrap for Los :lol:
Isn't dude already screwed though? Guy was sexting a minor right? Gonna be drop the soap time for the Weiner. :lol:

Tbh I rather have him shut his mouth and eat some humble pie so he doesn't embarrass us on the national stage
Then again we just got embarrassed and even got ISIS happy that Trump just got elected :x
The embarrassment is already upon us. We all got **** on our faces. May as well humiliate Trump at this point and bury him in it.

And terrorists are largely irrelevant, or should be. They're just psychotic attention ****** at the end of the day. We're more likely to die of lack of vaccines or environmental damage than from a terrorist. Or from smoking. Or drinking. Or suicide. Or about a million other things.

Last edited:
Isn't dude already screwed though? Guy was sexting a minor right? Gonna be drop the soap time for the Weiner. :lol:

Whatever federal prison they send him to, watch Hillary be like:

Weiner gonna be having dreams of this b4 he gets shipped to prison

#calexit.

oregon and washington can come too.
I don't want it to happen
The country will need us in the future
What we need to do instead is to promote better voter turnout and take back congress in the midterms
It may be a tough task,but if Trump can get elected, anything is possible

That Zach dude depressing as ****.

You gonna die of old age and I'm gonna die of climate change :smh:

No hope for the children :lol:

At this point I gotta be a spectator and watch as everyone that voted for this realize how horrible a choice it was. I just hope it really effects them the most.

Last edited:
Whywesteppin, why you comparing this to the Cavs Warriors series? You know that series the long shot underdog won after he was down and almost out. That's not what we want to happen :rofl:

Just gravedigging a post I made from before the night of the election.

Damn to have a time machine and throw all my money on the 1-3 dog in the nba finals, world series and the presidency

I think I should throw all my money on whoever is the massive underdog in the Superbowl

Last edited:
Whywesteppin, why you comparing this to the Cavs Warriors series? You know that series the long shot underdog won after he was down and almost out. That's not what we want to happen :rofl:

Just gravedigging a post I made from before the night of the election.

Damn to have a time machine and throw all my money on the 1-3 dog in the nba finals, world series and the presidency
We were idiots for not hedging our bets. Could've put $1000 down on Trump and either he's not president and we're happy or we win a few thousand dollars and spend it on booze and strippers.

edit: 'Member when a few weeks back someone said that the odds of Trump winning are about the same as the odds of a kicker missing an extra point... And then the next week, 2 kickers missed extra points?

:smh:

Last edited:
I'm not sure white folks really care about issues affecting minorities. The ones I've grown up with/work with appear to be in their own bubble. If it doesn't affect their well being they don't care. It's so hard explaining to them what I've been through. I've worked hard all my life, I've attained my Masters and I'll be going back to school. I still feel like I gotta prove myself to them every damn day. Ish is frustrating..man. Thank God I have a father that I can vent to. He was always seems to put things in perspective. My bad y'all I'm just venting..
Don't expect people to be sympathetic to a struggle they can't relate to

How come the democrats did not have a couple of Strong african and Latino American politicians back them up in the media?

Instead lots of celebs tried to influence voters for the dems

How about an african/latino vp pick? Instead of kaine (Anybody?)

Would it made any major difference?

I still marvel that as far as ive been watching repubs been getting support from and even picking minorities like herman cain, ben carson, rubio , even nikki haley and jindal at times

And i just read by june 2014 asian americans left obamas admin?

Maybe its why that's a cause minorities in general seemed to go republican this time

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow downtown Portland is crazy with protestors right now. Drones and riot police out in full force..

What a time we live in. Hopefully when children read about this era in textbooks in the future there's a happy ending

Back
Top Bottom