***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It’s the political discussion thread and I posted a recently-announced presidential candidate having a campaign event.

Certainly relevant and important considering that many view him as a spoiler candidate.

Of all the important issues you mention my post, but ignore pages of Goya bean memes.

What gives?
Thousands of people are dying, and the people you support are trying to remove funding that would help test and trace. The people you support are also sending federal agents in unmarked vehicles to arrest and detain people without cause.

But then again, no one here actually believes you care about people's lives or people's rights being violated.

High five for the deflection attempt at the end. Why talk about your hypocrisy when you can just try to project and deflect?

No need for a song or dance or pretending that I won’t admit that in the future.
Your go to line is usually that “he can do better with his tweets”. Let’s see your response the next time he says a racist dog whistle, which he does on a daily basis. You’ve also been adamant that you don’t know if he’s racist, but you now unequivocally believe that he peddles racist rhetoric. Something isn’t adding up here.

Thousands of people are dying, and the people you support are trying to remove funding that would help test and trace. The people you support are also sending federal agents in unmarked vehicles to arrest and detain people without cause.

But then again, no one here actually believes you care about people's lives or people's rights being violated.

High five for the deflection attempt at the end. Why talk about your hypocrisy when you can just try to project and deflect?
“Those people’s communities should come together and help them though”-delk

This logic is so warped that it’s hard to believe that you’re being serious. So was the Confederacy a catalyst for ending slavery?

It’s also insulting to the brothers and sisters are actually out here fighting to defund the police and doing great work on reparations, to somehow claim that Trump is the catalyst for these things. It’s an unbelievable statement.

I think you are mischaracterizing the word catalyst.

I am not taking away from the brothers and sisters on the front lines who have been working diligently, for decades, to bring about change.

I am saying that he is positioned to get legislation passed that would likely get blocked by the senate without him. And him serving as an “evil villain” has allowed these discussions to be amplified.

If you don’t think there is more focus, nationally, on black issues under this administration then you simply aren’t being honest.

Make no mistake, I am not making Trump out to be some hero championing radical change.

He’s not.

I’m simply saying that people’s hate for him has helped bring many topics into the mainstream. And he seems to care so much about ratings/being liked that I think he will push to get legislation passed to try and show that he’s not who he is made out to be. Whether he is or not.

Your go to line is usually that “he can do better with his tweets”. Let’s see your response the next time he says a racist dog whistle, which he does on a daily basis. You’ve also been adamant that you don’t know if he’s racist, but you now unequivocally believe that he peddles racist rhetoric. Something isn’t adding up here.

Both can be true.

Biden unequivocally peddles in racist rhetoric, right? He recently stated that poor kids can be just as smart as white kids.

But I don’t know if Biden is a racist.

No need for a song or dance

You are in here SINGING Trump’s praises and TAP DANCING for Trump and Republican lawmakers every single day. Without song and dance you have no substance and nothing to contribute. Trump and the GOP could do anything short of say the n-word on a video or audio recording and this is in here defending his actions
DDA3A333-F1E6-4A45-8DD8-9653E16D2812.gif

Delk talmbout no need for song and dance :lol:

I am saying that he is positioned to get legislation passed that would likely get blocked by the senate without him. And him serving as an “evil villain” has allowed these discussions to be amplified
This isn’t a video game or a movie with an “evil villain”. You’re saying that him serving a racist, xenophobic, transphobic dog whistler is amplifying the discussion. Are you suggesting that this is some sort of plan of his?
And he seems to care so much about ratings/being liked that I think he will push to get legislation passed to try and show that he’s not who he is made out to be. Whether he is or not.
This logic is extremely faulty. He’s done nothing to suggest he would be in favor of defunding the police. He’s in fact doubled down on his support of the police. You think he’s now going to turn his back on them and pass legislation defunding them

And honestly, most white Democrats don’t even support reparations. It’s laughable that you think Trump would push a reparations bill through to prove that he’s nit racist, when his largest appeal right now is inciting racism amongst his base.

Delk thanking Trump for BLM is analogous to Jews thanking Hitler for Israel.

This isn't quite textbook traumatic bonding or Stockholm syndrome but it's just as pathological.

Perhaps years of intensive therapy can save him/her but I don't think this thread is going to help.

If you don’t think there is more focus, nationally, on black issues under this administration then you simply aren’t being honest.

Well yea. We have a virulent racist in office who dog whistles daily. We’ve seen racial wealth disparity increase. We’ve seen COVId disproportionately affect Black communities. We’ve seen Trump try repeal Obamacare which would hurt Black Americans nationwide. We’ve seen him call Black NFL players kneeling sons of *****es. We’ve seen him refer to Black neighborhoods as rat infested. We’ve seen him call Black women reporters dumb. We’ve seen him insult Black civil rights leaders. We’ve seen him ask Black people what do we have to lose.

Are you somehow crediting him for more discussion around Black issues because of this?

This isn’t a video game or a movie with an “evil villain”. You’re saying that him serving a racist, xenophobic, transphobic dog whistler is amplifying the discussion. Are you suggesting that this is some sort of plan of his?

This logic is extremely faulty. He’s done nothing to suggest he would be in favor of defunding the police. He’s in fact doubled down on his support of the police. You think he’s now going to turn his back on them and pass legislation defunding them

And honestly, most white Democrats don’t even support reparations. It’s laughable that you think Trump would push a reparations bill through to prove that he’s nit racist, when his largest appeal right now is inciting racism amongst his base.

No, I don’t think it is part of any coherent plan.

As it relates to reparations legislation, I think the same would have been said about the First Step Act passing prior to his presidency.

Only response is that we will see if he is re-elected.

Well yea. We have a virulent racist in office who dog whistles daily. We’ve seen racial wealth disparity increase. We’ve seen COVId disproportionately affect Black communities. We’ve seen Trump try repeal Obamacare which would hurt Black Americans nationwide. We’ve seen him call Black NFL players kneeling sons of *****es. We’ve seen him refer to Black neighborhoods as rat infested. We’ve seen him call Black women reporters dumb. We’ve seen him insult Black civil rights leaders. We’ve seen him ask Black people what do we have to lose.

Are you somehow crediting him for more discussion around Black issues because of this?

No.

I stated my position earlier; his administration has served as a catalyst for change.

But the credit belongs in the hands of the leaders who have been speaking on these issues for years, not with Trump.

Ahhh great find! Delk’s wife is looking HANDSOME. I found some pictures of Delk’s family at the wedding
8847D121-C47B-4593-A243-82ACD316AEFA.jpeg

Glad to see they are in favor of both the WEDDING party and the RIGHT party #StepInNameOfTrump2020
Such a nice engagement picture. I see they spared no expense on the photographer and their attire.

Delk do you engage in this same level of disgusting hand waving and deflection with your future in-laws? Or are they also full fledged Blacks 4 Trump members as well and ecstatic that you two will be tap dancing down the aisle together?
5436DA30-37A0-494B-8140-75BE553FFA92.gif

Ahhh great find! Delk’s wife is looking HANDSOME. I found some pictures of Delk’s family at the wedding
8847D121-C47B-4593-A243-82ACD316AEFA.jpeg

Glad to see they are in favor of both the WEDDING party and the RIGHT party #StepInNameOfTrump2020

I have these same conversations in person. But my family, and future in-laws’ family mostly identify as Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom