***Official Political Discussion Thread***

hq421tarv1l61.png

I'm always interested in your perspective...what's the way toward this?

any chance it happens in the next...25 years?
Abolishing the Senate, nah, that will take a constitutional amendment. So it is here to stay. I put that at zero

Increasing the size of the House is easy. Republicans pushed through a bill to cap the size of it a long time ago. The House was meant to grow with the population.

This is why to this day I sit back and get sad about the 2014 election. If Obama was able to appoint Scalia's replacement, then partisan gerrymandering would have been struck down.

I remember reading that the same legal argument that was being used for gerrymandering could have been used to strike down the cap as well.

If the cap goes, and the House has to add way more seats, it would basically kill the Republican Electoral College advantage too.

So it happening in 25 years? I put it at very low unless a Democratic president gets to replace Thomas and Aito, I put it at zero percent as well.

Because I think these next two years as a real chance of being the last time the Dems have a trifecta for a very long time. Unless Manchin and Sinema wake the **** up

I'm saying, they are going to push christianity down people's throats, and that is going to be the basis for their war.

U.S. Senator Unleashes Misleading Rant On School Prayer

Freshman U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) decided to make his first speech on the floor of the Senate earlier this week. It didn’t go very well.

It’s hard to pin down the theme of the talk since Tuberville rambled a bit, but he did include this comment: “We’ve got to start teaching our young people moral values again. That starts with putting God and prayer back in schools.”

That’s a lot of misinformation packed into just two sentences.

Let’s begin with the claim that young people aren’t learning moral values these days. It’s a common Christian nationalist canard, but it’s wrong and offensive. Anyone who has raised children will tell you that imparting moral instruction and striving to sculpt your kids into decent, caring and thoughtful adults is a huge part of the job. Some parents use religion as the anchor, while others do not. I’m sure some parents fall down here, but most strive by word, deed and example to raise good kids.

Public schools, which serve 90% of our children, impart morals too. Schools make it clear that there are certain infractions (cheating, lying, bullying, etc.) that merit punishment, and they reward students who study hard, help their peers and get active in their communities. Christian nationalists love to portray public schools as cesspools of moral relativism, but it just isn’t so.

But it’s Tuberville’s claim that we need to put “God and prayer back in schools” that is most off base. The fact is, there’s plenty of room for religious activity in public schools – but there’s no place for coercion or force.

The sunrise movement have to be the most aggressively counter productive left wing activist group.

asking beto to commit to technologically impossible climate goals.
giving biden an F on his climate proposal

and now just dumb **** posting about the minimum wage
as if they don't know how the senate works.

Like are they in this for the likes and retweets, or do they actually have some goal they wish to accomplish?

Back
Top Bottom