**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

He's been banned from our community.  

If someone in the Dallas area decides to report this possible abuse to the authorities, we'd be more than happy to cooperate in any official investigation to help them identify the individual who posted these reprehensible comments. 

Beyond embarrassed I live in the same city as that poor excuse of a person. If you have any info I'd be glad to pass it along.

That one post made my blood boil in what has become one of my favorite NT threads. Without a doubt the most friendly/positive groups I've seen in 12+ years on here.....all thanks to our pups.

Keeping things rolling. Darrell giving me the stink eye when he knows we're going inside.

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/87324481-F6D6-4635-A07B-F7CCB1C80195.jpg.html

Last edited:
that reminds me i need to take new pics of my babies, i been working so much.

My girl just hit 8 weeks. She's a handful though, does anyone know how to stop the constant biting? And she hates wearing a leash

My girl just hit 8 weeks. She's a handful though, does anyone know how to stop the constant biting? And she hates wearing a leash
For the leash, just put it on and let her walk with it. For biting, tell her no and then give her toys. She's probably teething. 

Just sounds like she's teething. I never used it but a lot of people use bitter apple spray on things their pup likes to bite on. Me personally, I always had a frozen towel handy. Literally just wet the towel and throw it in the freezer and let them gnaw away, cheap and effective alternative! My pups loved it and kept them from being completely destructive. 

As for the leash, just keep it on her all the time like @Keko Jones  said. She'll get used to it eventually.

Cute pup though!

^repped. American bulldog??

Olde English Bulldogge. A touch smaller (in terms of size, not weight) than American's. One of my neighbors has this beautiful American that towers over my girl, but in terms of weight they are probably pretty close (mine is 70lbs).

For the leash, just put it on and let her walk with it. For biting, tell her no and then give her toys. She's probably teething. 

Hopefully the biting this will pass. I think every pup will chew and bite. My dog caused a ton of damage in my house chewing up my plantation shutters, my staircase, some shoes, and more. After about 3+ months she eventually grew out of it and everything is cool now.

I recommend the same thing that @Derrtay said. Let her get used to the leash by putting it on her while she's in the house and just letting her walk around with it. Be careful about monitoring your pup though to make sure she doesnt wander off and get tangled up in anything.

Pups are kinda like babies. Everything in the world is new to them. They just have to get used to it (and eventually they will).

Man.. Guys.. I'm really scarred

My girl's dog, who she got almost just after we got together is really really sick and in bad shape

He's 9 years old.. And the last year or so he would have pain in his hind legs.. We and the vet just thought it was hip dysplasia setting in

He's a very clean dog and something has to be severely wrong for him to make a mess in the house

When we leave to go to work, we put both of our dogs downstairs.. Our boxer goes in the kennel though.. And we leave our American bulldog out, because he is great at controlling his bladder

So Monday, our American bulldog didn't even want to get out of bed to come downstairs.. And he had absolutely no desire to go out.. So when my girl got home he tried getting up to go to the door, but just froze.. Then he just went

He still moved somewhat ok or with the slight hindrance that came with age or having hip dysplasia.. other than being reluctant to get up til Wednesday night

I don't go to sleep until pretty late.. So when I went up to our room around 3ish, our boxer got up and wanted me to take him out.. So I did

When I got back to our room, I noticed that our American bulldog was shaking and straining trying to get up.. Then I smelt that he peed

We took him to the vet first thing Thursday morning.. They did x-Rays and found two of his vertebrae were starting to fuse, which until it actually does fuse will be painful for him.. And if it was just that then he could get steroids and pain meds

But the X-rays also showed that he might possibly have a pretty decent sized tumor in his spleen.. So hopefully that is benigned and isolated just to his spleen, because then just those can be removed and then we don't get into potentially bad stuff and options

The last two days have been horrible.. Only time he's been able to move normally is when he has come right off the IVs from the vet.. We've had to drop him to the vet's office first thing the last two mornings and have to take him back again tomorrow morning

I literally have to watch him and if he starts breathing heavily, I have to lift him outside to let him go..

This morning was the worst, when I carried him down the stairs and put him down while I waited for my girl to come downstairs, he was literally about to just fall over.. Luckily I caught him.. So I just let him lay down until she was ready to go.. He wasn't strong enough to stand up.. While laying down he just let loose

Just seeing him being unable to control his bladder.. Struggling just to get up.. And if he is standing up, having to constantly watch him to make sure he doesn't just drop

My girl has been a mess.. So I'm trying stay calm and figure out possible options without thinking of worst case scenarios.. But I'm really scarred and I don't want to make things worse for my girl.. I mean even when we really know what the situation is one of us has to keep a leveled head.. Even my other dog has kinda been a mess, if we come back to house without our American bulldog, he searches the whole house looking and crying.. And then when we bring our American bulldog home in the evenings all he wants to do is lay down which is also freaking out our boxer because they play together so much and he doesn't want to do anything

I'm just hoping man.. Like he doesn't even have an appetite.. Tonight I was eating a banana and he loves bananas.. I put a piece near his mouth and he had zero interest

I'm really just freakin' hoping.. Here is a pic of him I think I posted in here before, but kinda recent:

Thanks guys.. I'm trying stay positive or at least keep things together til we really know.. Just wanted to say something to someone

Really don't want to make things worse for my girl, especially when we really don't know yet

Hoping to pick up one of these little guys in the next week or so. Its a black and red german shepherd. Will be naming him Simba :pimp:

After him I plan on getting a resue dog.

Here's a pic of my girls pup. Little dude almost died from pravo but now is a terror :lol: he can do no wrong with those blue puppy eyes...

Last edited:

here's my girl mean muggin me a couple days after i brought our youngest home from the hospital. she's annoyed that we brought home yet another baby thats going to torment her.

these two have a love/hate thing goin on

That's why you never play D3 anymore!

Congrats and :pimp: dog

Man.. Guys.. I'm really scarred

My girl's dog, who she got almost just after we got together is really really sick and in bad shape

He's 9 years old.. And the last year or so he would have pain in his hind legs.. We and the vet just thought it was hip dysplasia setting in

He's a very clean dog and something has to be severely wrong for him to make a mess in the house

When we leave to go to work, we put both of our dogs downstairs.. Our boxer goes in the kennel though.. And we leave our American bulldog out, because he is great at controlling his bladder

So Monday, our American bulldog didn't even want to get out of bed to come downstairs.. And he had absolutely no desire to go out.. So when my girl got home he tried getting up to go to the door, but just froze.. Then he just went

He still moved somewhat ok or with the slight hindrance that came with age or having hip dysplasia.. other than being reluctant to get up til Wednesday night

I don't go to sleep until pretty late.. So when I went up to our room around 3ish, our boxer got up and wanted me to take him out.. So I did

When I got back to our room, I noticed that our American bulldog was shaking and straining trying to get up.. Then I smelt that he peed

We took him to the vet first thing Thursday morning.. They did x-Rays and found two of his vertebrae were starting to fuse, which until it actually does fuse will be painful for him.. And if it was just that then he could get steroids and pain meds

But the X-rays also showed that he might possibly have a pretty decent sized tumor in his spleen.. So hopefully that is benigned and isolated just to his spleen, because then just those can be removed and then we don't get into potentially bad stuff and options

The last two days have been horrible.. Only time he's been able to move normally is when he has come right off the IVs from the vet.. We've had to drop him to the vet's office first thing the last two mornings and have to take him back again tomorrow morning

I literally have to watch him and if he starts breathing heavily, I have to lift him outside to let him go..

This morning was the worst, when I carried him down the stairs and put him down while I waited for my girl to come downstairs, he was literally about to just fall over.. Luckily I caught him.. So I just let him lay down until she was ready to go.. He wasn't strong enough to stand up.. While laying down he just let loose

Just seeing him being unable to control his bladder.. Struggling just to get up.. And if he is standing up, having to constantly watch him to make sure he doesn't just drop

My girl has been a mess.. So I'm trying stay calm and figure out possible options without thinking of worst case scenarios.. But I'm really scarred and I don't want to make things worse for my girl.. I mean even when we really know what the situation is one of us has to keep a leveled head.. Even my other dog has kinda been a mess, if we come back to house without our American bulldog, he searches the whole house looking and crying.. And then when we bring our American bulldog home in the evenings all he wants to do is lay down which is also freaking out our boxer because they play together so much and he doesn't want to do anything

I'm just hoping man.. Like he doesn't even have an appetite.. Tonight I was eating a banana and he loves bananas.. I put a piece near his mouth and he had zero interest

I'm really just freakin' hoping.. Here is a pic of him I think I posted in here before, but kinda recent:

|I

Hope he gets better. That's one of the stressful things about older dogs.

not to put a damper on things.. unfortunately, my dog passed sunday.. i'll tell you guys what happened eventually.. been a rough last couple of days

between my girl or our other dog, I don't know who is more of a mess..

you really don't know or appreciate how much they are in your life until they are gone.. like as I mentioned before, our boxer goes in a crate when we leave the house.. but our American bulldog stayed out and just not seeing him at the door as soon as you get home.. like literally he knew our routine and would be waiting at the door for us

hell, it's even weird when I go to the bathroom to drop a deuce.. he would always just come and lay on the floor in the bathroom whenever I went

and our bed feels huge now

not to put a damper on things.. unfortunately, my dog passed sunday.. i'll tell you guys what happened eventually.. been a rough last couple of days

you really don't know or appreciate how much they are in your life until they are gone.. like as I mentioned before, our boxer goes in a crate when we leave the house.. but our American bulldog stayed out and just not seeing him at the door as soon as you get home.. like literally he knew our routine and would be waiting at the door for us

hell, it's even weird when I go to the bathroom to drop a deuce.. he would always just come and lay on the floor in the bathroom whenever I went

sorry for your loss. **** sucks man.

sorry for your loss. **** sucks man.

Yea, my condolences, bro. I can't imagine missing either of our little guys.

I hate to hear this..Losing a pet is flat out soul crushing..Condolences brother..

In honor of National Dog Day..Sir Barky Bob Von Fluffy & Gracie Girl..

MY pup, he's about 4 months old now I think. We rescued him so not sure what he is, they said lab mix. I think he's lab/pit. Hes the best pup ive ever had, I always had labs growing up and never had a pup this smart and well behaved. He's been so easy to train. Eagles pic is more recent, other pic is from when we got him at about 3 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom