Official Reebok Blacktop & Battleground Pump Thread With Releases Dates And More...UPDATE BATTLEGROU

Anyone know how long will the discount on reebok last? *Edit: never mind good until 11:59pm est tmr.

Last edited:
can't believe nobody has done a video review and on foot video of the tribal color way yet.

still debating on whether or not to cop.

My tribals only came with black laces. Not a big deal, as that's what I'd leave in there. But I was expecting an extra pair of white laces or even volt.

can you take a pic with them with white laces? i'm still on the fence lol. damn i wish there were more coupon codes.

Are there any promo codes for these, would really like to pick up a pair under retail.

Are there any promo codes for these, would really like to pick up a pair under retail.
I got you
smokin.gif

Forget the Blacktops on that magazine, I want that Omnizone lV in the left upper corner, one of my true grail kicks, its beyond me why Reebok are not retro-ing anything above Omni Lite. 

If Reebok would see more of the kicks that they been retroing selling out. I think we probably would see all those awesome Reebok sneakers getting the retro treatment. I really dont get it how some Reebok sneakers be sitting in my opinion they are as valuable as any J's selling out and should also be selling out as long as I get my pair I be good but that hasn't been the case I guess the people are brainwashed into thinking that Nike and Jordan are the only ones who got some hot kicks what a bunch of dummys lol. I personally buy different brands cause I like my collection to be diverse plus I'm not a sheep in the sneaker game. I know Reebok's worth and even dough they are not selling out they still are valuable. Any OG sneakerhead would tell you that back in the days Jordans wasnt selling out. You could buy them months later from there actual release date now is different because of the hypebeast, sheep, resellers in the sneaker game thats why they selling out. What I'm trying to say is that Reebok should retro all their kicks from the past even if doesnt sell out it doesnt matter cause even Jordan Brand wasn't selling out back in the days. A sneaker still sitting in the store doesnt mean it doesnt have any value cause it does people just overlook those great kicks cause of being hypebeast and sheep etc.

Its the nature of the beast my friend, we had this conversation many, many times before here and nothing we can do to change the world.

Kids will be kids, they will follow the trend and the hype till something better comes along and all of them move on with their lives. For us old heads, although I don't consider myself that old even at 37 :smile:, the only thing that is left is to hope Reebok and the rest of the not that hyped companies to still produce retros, I am even OK if they retro everything in very limited quantities, but as long as they retro them all. I know people like me are such a small group that we cant make big enough impact, but that doesn't stop us from trying, I personally put all of my effort to educate people via my channel and all the articles I drop trough out the week, but it seems its not enough, kids just don't care, they love the hype. 

Oh, and since we are posting retro pics, btw, had this same shirt back in 1993, it was the most amazing peace of clothing I owned back than...

Last edited:
Wow now that was a dope shirt that you had back in the days. I know that the majority of kids of today are following was being hyped up but sometimes I may see some of the new kids buying something from Reebok its rare but it does happpen, God bless those kids for having their own Individuality I gotta respect that.

If Reebok would see more of the kicks that they been retroing selling out. I think we probably would see all those awesome Reebok sneakers getting the retro treatment. I really dont get it how some Reebok sneakers be sitting in my opinion they are as valuable as any J's selling out and should also be selling out as long as I get my pair I be good but that hasn't been the case I guess the people are brainwashed into thinking that Nike and Jordan are the only ones who got some hot kicks what a bunch of dummys lol. I personally buy different brands cause I like my collection to be diverse plus I'm not a sheep in the sneaker game. I know Reebok's worth and even dough they are not selling out they still are valuable. Any OG sneakerhead would tell you that back in the days Jordans wasnt selling out. You could buy them months later from there actual release date now is different because of the hypebeast, sheep, resellers in the sneaker game thats why they selling out. What I'm trying to say is that Reebok should retro all their kicks from the past even if doesnt sell out it doesnt matter cause even Jordan Brand wasn't selling out back in the days. A sneaker still sitting in the store doesnt mean it doesnt have any value cause it does people just overlook those great kicks cause of being hypebeast and sheep etc.
reebok was the s*** back in the early days, them youngsters from today dont know whats up
mean.gif

in 1990, 91, 92, 93 and 94 Reebok received the same or even more popularity as Nike

i remembered when i was in elementary school i was heavily feening for the OG White/Black/Blue Blacktop Battleground III Pump

cuz my chinese friend what lives next door also got them and i wanted them too, because i thought they were looking so cool

my mother told me when we go to hong kong in the summer i will get my pair, so i had to wait a couple of months

but when i arrived in HK and saw the billboard from the new OG shaq attaq 1 and the TV commercial from the shoes

i very quickly changed my mind
happy.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i was stunned by the new reebok commercial, it made a huge impact on me as a 10 year old kid,

and in the netherlands where i grew up they barely broadcast any commercials on national TV from Reebok or Nike, in HK i saw that kind of commercials every day on TV, so a week or 2 later i got my 1st reebok pump shaq attaq shoes in my posession and happy that i was for a 10 year old kid
smile.gif
i didnt wore them the whole vacation when i was in HK, i was planning to keep them fresh for the new upcoming school year when i was back in the netherlands, but almost every day i took them out of the box for a couple of minutes to stare at them and played with the pump and the air inflator and also sometimes i putted them on my feet and start to pose in front of the mirror to see how cool i looked with my shaq attaqs on my feet
mean.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
the last evening when i was in HK and we were heading to the airport i wore my shaq attaqs back to the netherlands, couple of days later when the 1st day of school started i wore them to my school even my new school teacher from that year was diggin them, since he was heavily into B-Ball himself cuz he was also a part time B-Ball coach

it draw so much attention from the other kids that i felt like i was walking on shoes with diamonds on them
smokin.gif

all the kids in my class came to me and ask what kind of reebok shoe it was and i told them that it was the newest shoe from shaquille o'neal and that it was not available yet in the netherlands, at the end the shaqs got released 2,5 months later in the netherlands, so i was probably the first kid in the city that was wearing them, i know its a long story guys but i just want to share my unerasable memories from reebok when i was a lil kid in here with the NT peeps
smile.gif

Last edited:
to come back to the Blacktop subject

nowadays i dont think that i can pull it off to wear a pair of Blacktop BG III

i loved them back in the days, but i find them now too bulky and huge for my taste

and also i have heard that they are very heavy and uncomfortable, so i gonna pass on them

hopefully they gonna retro the boulevard 1 and 2 soon or release some more decent cws for the shaq attaq 1
wink.gif

Still on the fence for the battleground pumps, if i come across a good deal imma scoop them up as fast as lighting. Will rock em with regular straight jeans to control some of the bulkyness

i loved them back in the days, but i find them now too bulky and huge for my taste

and also i have heard that they are very heavy and uncomfortable, so i gonna pass on them

hopefully they gonna retro the boulevard 1 and 2 soon or release some more decent cws for the shaq attaq 1 
wink.gif
I don't know who told you they are heavy and uncomfortable, but they are definitely not telling the truth. Take pretty much any Reebok retro and they will be 10 times more comfortable than Jordan retro and most of NIke's.  

Last edited:
from the reeboks and nike/jordan retros that i have. Not even close reebok are way more comfortable to me

Last edited:
hopefully they gonna retro the boulevard 1 and 2 soon or release some more decent cws for the shaq attaq 1 :wink:

They are bulky but very true to the OG shape and form. Whoever told you that they are uncomfortable is a damn liar - the padding and cushioning are phenomenal. My balling days are over so I judge shoe comfort on an 8 hour work day at the office, coupled with grocery getting and other errands for about 12-14 hours of continuous wear. My BGIII pair passed with flying colours.

If you think you can't pull 'em off - buy baggier pants and hit the calf machine at your gym.

Back
Top Bottom