Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

I think some people are more excited about the colorway dropping than the actual 9s themselves
laugh.gif
. I know I've been waiting to get a HWC or blue/orange Bron for less than an arm and a leg just cuz it's a dope %%@ colorway. If it looks good on the 9s and the 9s are anywhere near as comfortable as the 8s, then I'll probably cop.

Chinas will be 165 assuming they don't mark up the price just because they're Chinas. Already started saving money.

165 is retail for the regular 9.

Now the PS Elites, which will most likely have that Zoom Bag and Exposed Flywire, will be 250.

I think the Elites will be a groundbreaking design, I can see them getting rid of the Swoosh and using exposed Flywire as a focal point, I think it will look like the AJXI with exposed flywire instead of the lacelocks on the XI.

But I'll cop when they get marked down/hit outlets. Foamposites are the most hyped shoe out right now, and Pearls and Cough Drops got marked down to 125 each where I'm at.

Lebrons aren't even really hyped with the younger market, so I see these getting down to 130. Unless they're NDC Exclusive or something.

wayne141 ^ dope avy. who is that btw
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
lol. back to the shoes, this whole elite thing just adds another dimension to the lebron line, I'll reserve my judgement until I see the shoes. 

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

i dont want to turn this into a sports thread...but LBJ is the truth. he has had some bad playoff series' in the past but he will get it together and when its all said and done be second to MJ only...at least top 5 all time
kmeps.gif%20%20%20%20

i dont want to turn this into a sports thread...but LBJ is the truth. he has had some bad playoff series' in the past but he will get it together and when its all said and done be second to MJ only...at least top 5 all time

I agree. He will get it together. Its crazy people forget what he did to teams to get to the nba finals, he beat up on 2 crazy teams that everyone thought would beat the heat all year. Boston and chicago. People forgot that D-wade was no where to be found in the Chicago serious. It was lbj and some of bosh who put the dagger in it.
this video explains it! lol

I just think its crazy this man shoes gets so much recognition even when he hasn't got 1 ring, yet his shoe will sell over $500 and people still buy them. Im the biggest lbj stan there is, but its CRAZY!!

laugh.gif

I can't wait to see what happens when he wins a ring. Nike has mad the best investment they have since signing Jordan. 
pimp.gif
(in my opinion)

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

kmeps.gif%20%20%20%20

laugh.gif

Lulz at lebron getting it together. Dude is 7 years in. He'll be the Dan Marino of the nba. Point, blank, period.

And I also gotta agree with dude up there in that I dont think lebron cares as much about his shoes as we'd like to think.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

I just think its crazy this man shoes gets so much recognition even when he hasn't got 1 ring, yet his shoe will sell over $500 and people still buy them. Im the biggest lbj stan there is, but its CRAZY!!

laugh.gif

I can't wait to see what happens when he wins a ring. Nike has mad the best investment they have since signing Jordan.�
pimp.gif
� (in my opinion)
youre right gtti, the southbeach/miami vices/preheats or whatever you wanna call em
is the first somewhat widely available sneaker to reach such high prices in so little time.

imo, it goes much deeper than picking the right athlete to endorse the line but this current shift in the 'hype' phenomenon is due to many factors.

-the correlation between rings and sales doesnt have as much as some would believe. (maybe overseas in china, but not so much in the usa)
sick.gif
-circumstances overall has created the HYPE MONSTER
              -the 'DECISION' aka 'the 'HEATLES'
smokin.gif
-props to petrie, the 8 not only kept up on the stunning aesthetics captured with the 7, but then followed up and killed it with the 'pillow on your feet' comfort.

and lastly,
who honestly did not see that coming a mile away with nike saving the HWC colorway as their safety net?
7/8's were going to sell regardless.
but the 9? when they take a chance on a shoe that has already shown to not have been so successful with the combination of zoom/max and fuse tech,
BAM, here comes the HWC cw to the rescue.

someone mentioned it above. seems like ppl are flocking to the cw more than the shoe itself.. might as well save yourself 150 and cop some HWC colored chucks.
grin.gif

or make yourself some HWC Kobe VIs...oops did i say Kobe in this thread? oh well

i am not biting on the hype. these shoes are a severe dropoff from the last 3 editions. unacceptable

JP,

Step into a supporting role on the line

LBJ,

get rid of all of those bozos you have working for you in positions that they arent qualified to hold. get some real business minded people in there to screw up all the stuff that your "homies" ****ed up. get your image back on track.

Tinker,

get in there and take over. NOW!

son those chinas 
eek.gif
don't know how I feel about that "flame" on the tab shown, but the carbon weaving with the Swoosh looks amazing. 

and whoever mentioned the Elites not having a swoosh isn't too far fetched imo.  Besides them being the highest tech there needs to be another selling point to grab the consumer.  A nice colorway isn't enough to sell a non limited shoe at that price range, that's with the majority of today's sneaker consumer.  Imagine these being the first Lebron shoe without a swoosh and features just his logo...starting a new thing.  I looked at the 9 prototypes and didn't notice any branding and my mind wandered.

I think the 8 V2 was Bron's best shoe so far. After having balled in the Kobe's, high-tops like the LBJ's just feel so...unnecessary, but his kicks definitely have their strong points like cushioning response and durability. The 9's look cool, but I'm just not feelin the whole carbon fiber weave on the upper for some reason.

Originally Posted by spark

I think the 8 V2 was Bron's best shoe so far. After having balled in the Kobe's, high-tops like the LBJ's just feel so...unnecessary, but his kicks definitely have their strong points like cushioning response and durability. The 9's look cool, but I'm just not feelin the whole carbon fiber weave on the upper for some reason.

AGREEEEEE!

JP,

Step into a supporting role on the line

LBJ,

get rid of all of those bozos you have working for you in positions that they arent qualified to hold. get some real business minded people in there to screw up all the stuff that your "homies" ****ed up. get your image back on track.

Tinker,

get in there and take over. NOW!

QFT!!

Tinker's not gonna want to work on the Lebron line unless he gets a push from Nike. He's already said a couple of times in public how he hates to deal with Lebron's entourage so he's stayed away. Also seems a bit like he's slowly phasing himself out into more of a mentor role for the younger designers.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

kmeps.gif%20%20%20%20

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I think #8 is gonna be the only one walking with Mike, through them pearly gates when it's all said&done... My opinion.

Lebron will be seen as a monster player... In a different bracket.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

sheep.jpg
You're a mod on NIKEtalk. Anyone with any common sense knows that Nike does not make the highest quality shoes in the world (ESPECIALLY at their pricepoint), most people wear Nike because its popular and considered fashionable. You're a sheep too whether you wanna believe it or not

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I think what's also being missed (and great points by YBD) that not are only past limited Brons in the 200 range but check eBay folks some are still hard to find for under that.

Even GRs. Business is supposed to push envelopes and we all know if it can be pushed they will take it to the cliff.

Now What's also being forgotten is this: Nike leaves room for error and success. They have hit and missed on many kicks and business is like a great movie. ......leave you wanting more.

It's just at what point does that good will and brand loyalty run out. Some of you like the Lebron line like you love your fav sports team. Some like it like a jump off. Been there dine that may come back may not.

But how many times have we heard folks in this thread say: I'm retiring after this release - I'm done - Nike ain't getting my money anymore....yet you keep seeing them come back.

It's like folks who text email or call our show and say they will never listen again or they don't listen at all but can tell you everything that's been said from the 1st thru the 4th hour.

Hey I know ima keep coming back. When I left Jordan I only returned to get XIs and I hope that time doesn't come with this line anytime soon.

Bron didn't need a ring year,s back when everyone was buying $200 kicks. Why does he need a ring now?

I know quoting onesself is a cardinal sin on NT but I had to do it for those still surprised by price points for any Bron shoe

Back
Top Bottom