Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by AME416

This is exactly how I feel about all the Elites
e2ApP.gif

You feel like a little person in a room? Kidding. The 9's are basically done. Nike trying to end it with the grand finale and a little market research. Many will cop many won't but we shall see. We get it. 80% of people won't buy them because of the price. I'm sure we will be reminded on every page that people don't like the price on top of when do they release and who will have them.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

^truth...

Its funny how with all the comments not one person can tell me what is driving the EXTRA increase other then Nike can so why not...

And please don't anyone say Carbon Fiber cause that would just be nonsense...

Dudes is justifying the price without balling in them...trying them...weighing them...I mean is it really that simple???

Nike is execs is like yo we should have BEEN raised the prices...we let mad dough walk away...

Some of you dudes is straight sheep...but it's cool...

therock.gif

I read this thread sometimes and am like
sick.gif
. Are these guys really that much of sheep?

You can tell some guys havent been collecting for a long time because they dont question anything ,they overdo it on colorways for one particular shoe model and those are common rookie mistakes.  When you've been collecting some shoes for awhile, you realize not getting a certain shoe isnt that big of a deal because Nike is always gonna come out with more sneakers to satisfy your thrist.
and people will sell their old collections( when they get married, have kids or move etc etc ) so can pick up shoes you wanted at a discount.

Originally Posted by balkiny03

man imo lebrons should not cost more than jordans period.... lebron as a player has achieved nothing jordan on the other hand is a legend and his shoes are legendary.

that didn't stop nike from pricing foamposite one's penny's kicks 180 back in 1997 while jordans were only 125.

As for ayipapi and mister friendly. I think you have to do what works for you. If that does good. I've been collecting kicks for almost 20 years. Married two kids own my home own a few cars and have multiple of many shoes from Kobe to lebron Jordan durant you name it. If I like it I buy it. You can't justify what another man spends his money on and make an assumption of them not being as knowledgable as you when it comes to shoes. I bought many shoes and passed on a lot and like you mentioned I bought many that I passed on years ago after I bought my 2nd home. After I went back buying a lot of shoes I missed on in college I figured I went to School have a job that pays me great why not buy things I want. $250 to me doesn't seem steep but to others it might. If you don't care about price how are you sheep to nikes wolf or herder or whatever analogy you'd like to use.

As for the thread of you go in the Kobe thread KD thread or any jb thread it always useful info coupled with utter nonsense dumb questions resellers and the when does this come out comments so not one thread is better because it's your preferred thread but again. To each his own. If you work if you have money your family is taken care of do what makes you happy and don't trip of what another man says to you and in vice versa.

personally i dont care about the price as long as its quality...wait till these young dudes need to buy a suit, have a nice meal, buy some quality dress shoes.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

As for ayipapi and mister friendly. I think you have to do what works for you. If that does good. I've been collecting kicks for almost 20 years. Married two kids own my home own a few cars and have multiple of many shoes from Kobe to lebron Jordan durant you name it. If I like it I buy it. You can't justify what another man spends his money on and make an assumption of them not being as knowledgable as you when it comes to shoes. I bought many shoes and passed on a lot and like you mentioned I bought many that I passed on years ago after I bought my 2nd home. After I went back buying a lot of shoes I missed on in college I figured I went to School have a job that pays me great why not buy things I want. $250 to me doesn't seem steep but to others it might. If you don't care about price how are you sheep to nikes wolf or herder or whatever analogy you'd like to use.

As for the thread of you go in the Kobe thread KD thread or any jb thread it always useful info coupled with utter nonsense dumb questions resellers and the when does this come out comments so not one thread is better because it's your preferred thread but again. To each his own. If you work if you have money your family is taken care of do what makes you happy and don't trip of what another man says to you and in vice versa.

I know its gonna sound snobby but I know these dudes arent knowledgable, Ive seen it before. Guys OD on shoes for a couple of years then quit. Look at the Lebron VI, you arent gonna find the same people posting in these threads. Maybe some guys still hardcore collect and dont post anymore but Im willing to bet most guys have chilled a bit with collecting. and what is todays "hottest" shoe ever becomes tomorrows eBay discount steal.

What Im saying is guys dont need to go overboard whenever Nike releases a product.

Ask questions. Think about the real value of what of you are buying? Have they really tried to improve it from the previous product

Because if you dont pretty soon, the Lebron and Kobe lines will be like Jordan Brand, where either the quality sucks or you're gonna have to pay a stupid premium for a quality product.

I know this is gonna go over alot yall's heads because you're deep into the shoe obsession

Originally Posted by toizpogi192415

Need your opinions bros! Hornets, DM or the SM?

Swingmans.  They vanished on launch day, and they're still vanishing via resellers etc.  Hornets are nice, but they're a GR and you'll be able to cop down the line.
Resale prices on the 9's this season are comedy.  Last year you could get a pair of 8's for less than retail, at retail, or lil' above that.  Now I'm seeing $200.00+ on GR colorways.

Sneaker game sucks right now.  Everyone seems like they're in it to just to resale.  I get my coworkers who aren't even in to sneakers asking me what certain sneakers are going for just to resale.  

Sneaker game sucks cause in this economy people trying to make a profit any means necessary..it is what it is tho cause so much *$*% is releasing so I stay satisfied..my taste aren't really limited

Spending 250 on a pair of lebrons is not about being thirsty at the end of the day it's about spending money on something you want. People spend hundreds of dollars on higher end sneakers like LV and LB and while the quality may be better 795 for a pair of sneakers is a lot regardless of the brand. If you like it and can afford it then go for it, I know I'll be getting a pair and it's because I like them and can afford them nothing more or less.

haven't posted game pics in awhile

LeBron's black/red P.E.'s against OKC
6133808.jpg
6133818.jpg

6133856.jpg

miami heat oklahoma city thunder

LeBron's Floridians P.E.'s
fpm2894.jpg
6134634.jpg
6134630.jpg

George Hill has been wearing Freegums the last few games
141936661.jpg
141936662.jpg

Indiana Pacers

Manny Harris has been balling in Christmas LeBron 9's
142042644.jpg
142042428.jpg

141899615.jpg
141899622.jpg

cleveland cavaliers nike airmax lebron IX xmas

Ty Lawson is still playing in Mango 9's
141936964.jpg

Denver Nuggets

Eric Bledsoe is still balling in black/red 9's
141679200.jpg

Los Angeles Clippers

You and me are In a similar boat..I have 3 kids...own my own house...own a condo...three cars...motorcycle...inground pool...alot of toys...living the dream...I don't do drugs...don't golf...don't go to strip clubs...my only vice is sneakers...(I tell me wife it's cheaper then drugs at least)..I'm lucky to have a good job..great family..and when they are good..and I have it...I spend it on kicks...

Understand..this is not a money thing...honestly I'm feeling those Mcfly/SB Elties...I think the colorway is real hot...it's definitely got my interest peeked...with that being said..if its something I like...I'll spend the dough....my orginal comment is more around the whole idea that a lot of dudes arent EVEN questioning the increase price...they are just jumping like its nothing...

It's not simply about the price...to Friendly's point you dudes arent even questioning what they are giving you...just taking it and moving forward...I mean at what point are you like..okay hold up...just WHY am I paying an extra $80 for these??? It's one thing to have a limited edition pop up...it's one thing to have a pair of Yeezy's pop up...BUT for the RETAIL standard...for entire LINE of sneakers to be $250...and everyone just be like oh that's just how much they cost is kinda crazy....

Someone mention collectors...and this is what you pay as a collector...nah homie....Lil Penny is a collector...I'm not sure what he pays for samples and PE's...guys that buy GR releases are people who just like the kicks...there ain't no glass cases in my house...I wear what I cop....again with THIS drop...$250 is now the standard....you cool with that????

I just wonder...again financially I'm okay in life...how the hell does a 17 year old kid afford $250 sneakers???

And @TheprinceofDe...just cause the label says Gucci or Prada don't mean +$* to me...most of those high end kicks are wack as hell...ALOT of dudes cop just so they can say they have $1000 whatever's on...you know how many lame +!# used to walk around the city with them horrid Prada high tops on...chest out...like yea these pradas son...please...Prada makes some of the finest cut CLOTHING in the world..homie you just got rubber and glue on your feet...ain't nothing special about those...

Again the point my post was just to open some eyes and have people question just what your money is going to...don't just follow the herd.

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

im glad i decided to get the Swingmans instead of the Dunkmans.. DMs look nice but not as nice as the SMs
pimp.gif

I did the same, the DM have been subpar the last 2 years IMO.  As far as the SLH those should be an easy pickup for whoever wants them, every store I passed will have them, I just cant get with that lime green looks real bad to me.

I wonder will Lebron wear the home and away elites in the playoffs or will he wear blk/red elites because of the uniforms

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

^truth...

Its funny how with all the comments not one person can tell me what is driving the EXTRA increase other then Nike can so why not...

Dudes is justifying the price without balling in them...trying them...weighing them...I mean is it really that simple???

Nike is execs is like yo we should have BEEN raised the prices...we let mad dough walk away...

It's basically Nike seeing how much sneakers are going for on the resell market, and figuring they can raise prices as long as they're limited.

Mad reseller prices are the reason Nike are upping the prices. They see shoes going for upwards of 2/3/5 times box price no problem, so they want some more of that cash for themselves. People will whinge, but at the end of people will still cop multiples either to resell or to be that dude

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Ayipapi wrote:

^truth...

therock.gif

I read this thread sometimes and am like
sick.gif
. Are these guys really that much of sheep?

You can tell some guys havent been collecting for a long time because they dont question anything ,they overdo it on colorways for one particular shoe model and those are common rookie mistakes.  When you've been collecting some shoes for awhile, you realize not getting a certain shoe isnt that big of a deal because Nike is always gonna come out with more sneakers to satisfy your thrist.
and people will sell their old collections( when they get married, have kids or move etc etc ) so can pick up shoes you wanted at a discount.

Well said...I have no problem of striking out and paying reseller prices because its always about the next one for me...

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I know its gonna sound snobby but I know these dudes arent knowledgable, Ive seen it before. Guys OD on shoes for a couple of years then quit. Look at the Lebron VI, you arent gonna find the same people posting in these threads. Maybe some guys still hardcore collect and dont post anymore but Im willing to bet most guys have chilled a bit with collecting. and what is todays "hottest" shoe ever becomes tomorrows eBay discount steal.

What Im saying is guys dont need to go overboard whenever Nike releases a product.

Ask questions. Think about the real value of what of you are buying? Have they really tried to improve it from the previous product

Because if you dont pretty soon, the Lebron and Kobe lines will be like Jordan Brand, where either the quality sucks or you're gonna have to pay a stupid premium for a quality product.

I know this is gonna go over alot yall's heads because you're deep into the shoe obsession

Alot of those guys are around. (Myself included)  Stuff has changed around here though.  I'm more selective where I post...

However, I feel myself slowly getting away from it all.  I miss the original Jordan line, 1 model, 3-5 CW's...it was simple.  

Don't get me wrong though, I still like sneakers...

Back
Top Bottom