Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
must of been lebrons idea to put those stupid laces in, would go well with lebron's terrible style outside the court, goofy socks, shades with no lenses, and all that other high school stuff that nba's players try to pull off.

To those speaking on the round laces, y'all do realize those same round laces were in the 2's...3's...4's...don't you?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

They probably started with Lebron VII/VIII's... 

i dont see a ton of pairs of X's on ebay, all i see is a bunch of fairs and a few legit ones.

Corrected...ok...not a TON, but the fact that I saw more fakes with a fair amount of bidding and maybe 2 or 3 actual legit pairs for over inflated prices...just kinda disgusting at this point that this reseller crap just won't slow down...

The last few years I copped Jordan 6 Motorsports at my local FTA with ZERO hassle, just hit the mall early and was 7th in line, no big deal. Same with the South Beach 8...same FTA...2nd in line and I got there at 5am for a 7am opening...starting to sound like my father. When I was your age... :tongue:

Ebay re_sellers read places like Nike Talk and Sole Collector, and they see how thirsty you people are for Nike product. 

If any of you had the gumption, the power to resist, denying yourselves the urge to buy, you'd have control over the re_sellers.

But you don't, and I personally find it hysterical as to how much you guys spend on sneakers. Nike has noticed as well, and you guys are about to get reemed. 

Here's Leo Chang and Jason Petrie on the subject, Nike is watching you....

LC: And it’s definitely going to be controversial, just in terms of comments that people will have. “Oh, Nike is just killing us with $250 shoes.” But if you look at what’s going on on eBay and you look at what people are paying for Posites --

JP: Or even what people would pay for Bapes, jeans and other crazy stuff over the years. If you’re paying for something, the idea was to really put a ton into it and to make sure that things that really cost money can help to define these really nice things. That’s the bottom line. We want to push consumers and be able to offer the very best things that we can make.

http://*************.com/news/interview-jason-petrie-leo-chang-detail-the-nike-lebron-9-elite/

If that's the case, why use plastic in the X?

I feel sorry for you guys at times.|I

Just wanted to hit eBay to see how ridiculous it is on the X right now, especially with that 5k "limited box" edition surfacing a few posts ago. But what I will restate and I do believe it to be true, regardless of whether or not resellers read these forums, just because there is talk or hype on a shoe, doesn't GUARANTEE that we'll fork over cash above retail. You've got to be able to distinguish between the 2. Granted some of the thirst on this board translates to overspending, but hey...if that's what you got to do, and it doesn't hurt too much...well then whatever blows your hair back.

I won't pay over retail and haven't paid over retail for any release I've bought this year. And hopefully that trend will continue for me, sometimes you don't have a choice, but yes...patience is a virtue and there are always ways to beat "reseller prices"

nike just sent out a letter to all retailers telling us that the stores with nike accounts cant sell on any auction or internet marketplace websites i.e ebay or amazon. i guess they will start taking legal action against sellers because the letter was from a lawyer from nike.

I don't know what this will do, but i guess they are trying to stop people from selling on ebay for more inflated prices? i dont know.. any thoughts?

I bought a couple of pairs on Ebay from a guy who ran a store in NJ; a lot of people here bought Taxis from him. I'm glad theyre attempting to crack down, but we'll see how much it actually does.

Last edited:
^^^ Where is this black/red you are talking about? I seen a few post recently about it, but have yet to see it. The only one I have seen is on the first page!
LOL.....there is a video of them on the page you were just on. 75

Last edited:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

They probably started with Lebron VII/VIII's... 

Nah brother, the Lebron hype-train started with the IXs. VIIs and VIIIs could be had at outlets on the low as they weren't getting much love. All the 'long time' Lebron collectors started with the IX.

To those speaking on the round laces, y'all do realize those same round laces were in the 2's...3's...4's...don't you?

I'm wearing my 4's today and thought the EXACT same thing :lol:

I could see why Nike decided to go this route... I'm sure they have got numerous complaints from a lot of angry sneakerheads and consumers, not sure it will change anything.  Trying to tell a mom and pop who has to sell the crap nike puts out at times to not make extra money on hype releases is a joke. Sadly how do you police such a policy? U can't, unless you serial number ever shoe in every shipment that goes out to every retailer.  This would require extra resources and cost nike money thus driving down its shares.  Here in the H Active Athlete supposedly got some kinda of suspension because they made buyers purchase 100$ worth of product to by galaxy foams... not to mention they sold them for 700.00 retail...I guess nike doesnt want these guys making extra money on their behalf:smh:

What's sad is LeBron's "store" is guilty of mark-ups as well (Championship pack release).

Edit: Original post stated can't sell on eBay/Amazon/auction sites. But IMO mark-up is a mark-up regardless. Nike is contradicting in the fact they want change but don't want to do anything THEMSELVES. It's like they want crazy demand (and the free marketing associated with it) but don't want store's to benefit from the demand that they are creating. Hmm... this type of situation is a win-lose. Either consumers win (with lower prices on initial purchase from stores being prohibited to sell online for mark-up) or Stores win (with mark-up prices but consumers have to pay more).

Last edited:
So went in and tried on the hyperdunk +
If what is said is true, hyperdunk = to LBJ X

Then I will need 1/2 sz up
The HD is narrow

I'll hv lots of time to try sizing since I'm only buying ONE shoe next August

Last edited by a moderator:
So went in and tried on the hyperdunk +
If what is said is true, hyperdunk = to LBJ X
Then I will need 1/2 sz up
The HD is narrow
I'll hv lots of time to try sizing since I'm only buy ONE shoe next August

Had to do the same. Up the usual .5 size in the 9's whereas all my Bron's since the IV are 8...the 9 was 8.5 for me as is my Hyperdunk+ USA. Going the half size up in the X before Nightwing said anything, but his confirmation was music to my ears. Damn you wide feet!!! :tongue:

While that is true. I personaly dont like how they are multi-colored. This is coming from someone who started with the AZGs.

i kinda like that nike went with rope laces.. im a big fan of the laces on the past few LBJ models, but its just nice to see something different IMO :smokin

Wow. I must say, I'm not really a fan of LeBron but the kicks that Nike puts out for this dude are RIDICULOUS! So fly.

you do realize its not the shape people are mad about, dont you?, its not that they are round, its that they are multicolored (I wish they were the same as the threes, could use them to replace all my original laces that got shredded by the metal lace loops)

While that is true. I personaly dont like how they are multi-colored. This is coming from someone who started with the AZGs.

you do realize its not the shape people are mad about, dont you?, its not that they are round, its that they are multicolored (I wish they were the same as the threes, could use them to replace all my original laces that got shredded by the metal lace loops)

Like what you like, all good and dandy but, now we've never had "multicolored" laces in Lebrons??? This is the 1st time you're seeing this in a Lebron and suddenly there is a problem huh....

Like what you like, all good and dandy but, now we've never had "multicolored" laces in Lebrons??? This is the 1st time you're seeing this in a Lebron and suddenly there is a problem huh....

the only other lebrons to consistently have multi colored laces were the VIs and it was a problem back then too

I'm most likely bowing out the Lebron X race but I am looking forward to seeing the shoe in person. The XIII's and IX's got me hooked on the Lebron line but these prices and mind blowing hype will keep me away.

the only other lebrons to consistently have multi colored laces were the VIs and it was a problem back then too

So what you're saying is its been done before, along with some Lebron 9 Lows (London, Challenge Red, Liverpools), Lebron 8 (All Star), just making sure we don't think this is something new...

Last edited:
I have the black/red/white, Playoff remix, navy/white/gold, and birthday IV's...I like the laces and don't see the problem with the multicolored laces (someone enlighten me?), and the I think they kinda add to the overall look of the IV's and the X's...but looks like I'm in the minority. 8)

And while not a fan of any of the lows, I think that the laces add to the look of the shoes Peru just mentioned as well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom