Official Roc Maricano Thread - Sound like some authentic 97 NY...

NY rap is still alive 
pimp.gif
alive and WELL.

Roc Marc is a difficult listen. It takes time to grow on you. That Marcberg album appreciation took months & months (outside of Snow, which banged from day one). I finally got in his zone though. That's the way albums should be.
Reloaded is too early for me to call. I just like having a new album worthy of studying.
I will say this though; His endless multitude of throwback references will serve him for only so long. Two albums of that is sufficient. I appreciate it, I relate to it.............. But don't get caught in that matrix. Don't become that dude.
He's laid the groundwork for dudes to understand where he is coming from. Now switch it up. Advance. Don't be the nostalgia 90's rap dude forever.
I can easily see him falling into that trap early. Still & all, I'm giving Reloaded spins.

Last edited:
Roc Marc is a difficult listen. It takes time to grow on you. That Marcberg album appreciation took months & months (outside of Snow, which banged from day one). I finally got in his zone though. That's the way albums should be.
Reloaded is too early for me to call. I just like having a new album worthy of studying.
I will say this though; His endless multitude of throwback references will serve him for only so long. Two albums of that is sufficient. I appreciate it, I relate to it.............. But don't get caught in that matrix. Don't become that dude.
He's laid the groundwork for dudes to understand where he is coming from. Now switch it up. Advance. Don't be the nostalgia 90's rap dude forever.
I can easily see him falling into that trap early. Still & all, I'm giving Reloaded spins.
Lol!  You don't make any sense.  Roc Marci has been one of the nicest emcees out for years.  If it took you "months & months" to appreciate Marcberg then I'm not sure you understand where he's coming from.  Switch his style up to appeal to the masses?  Ha!  

I can't be dragged into a troll debate..... To many Keef and SODMG fans trying to get into a hip-hop music debate? Hahaha sure.

What's really tiring is individuals who criticize others beliefs/ideas but have ZERO input themselves on the same topic. Is that a Troll? Lol

If you have to build up to emcees like R.Marc, chances are you can't relate, you don't feel the stories through his words, you don't know how to vibe to a hip-hop flow.....

I can't be dragged into a troll debate..... To many Keef and SODMG fans trying to get into a hip-hop music debate? Hahaha sure.

What's really tiring is individuals who criticize others beliefs/ideas but have ZERO input themselves on the same topic. Is that a Troll? Lol

If you have to build up to emcees like R.Marc, chances are you can't relate, you don't feel the stories through his words, you don't know how to vibe to a hip-hop flow.....
basically.

this is a level that most hiphop heads are used to that listen to lyrical rich rap.

this is the thing just like every other rapper who does this kind of music he's doing it because simply put he doesn't want to change. He's remaking music that was done 20 yrs ago and implementing it into a society that doesnt give a **** about what he's talking about.

NY needs guys who are bringing a fresh sound not ****** who are fronting like it's still Illmatic Era :smh:

this is the thing just like every other rapper who does this kind of music he's doing it because simply put he doesn't want to change. He's remaking music that was done 20 yrs ago and implementing it into a society that doesnt give a **** about what he's talking about.

NY needs guys who are bringing a fresh sound not ****** who are fronting like it's still Illmatic Era :smh:

What are you talking about man?

He's in his lane doing him, creating his art at an elite level and people are loving it.

If you don't like it, go listen to ASAP or something. Stop telling people how to create and enjoy art.

Last edited:
Damn near every post in here is celebrating how his music has that 90's sound. I click on the video the **** looks & sounds like its straight from 93 ain't **** original about stealing the sound of another era and bringing it back 15-20 years later.

And what do you mean i can't dictate whether its authentic. I Live in NY, i visit the hoods, the nicer parts ain't **** about the music he doing Representative of what NY is going through RIGHT NOW. I don't care what you listening too enjoy it but don't be in here labeling this as "Real Hip Hop" and brushing everything else off because they decided to move on

You sound silly bro.

Keep it moving if it ain't for you.

Nobody kicking dust on people's musical choice except for you.

It ain't even that type of thread.

People just in here enjoying music and that irks you fro some reason.

You haven't even listened to dudes work, just clicking on random videos and talking about this doesn't represent NY right now. Go somewhere.

Last edited:
I came into a thread about a NY artist who ive never heard of

Said artist was getting shown love

I start seeing the post talking about this is what "Real Hip HOP" sounds like, immediately knew what was going to come

Listened to the songs the FANS posted, and was extremely underwhelmed by another NY ***** who don't wanna give the timbs and Carhartts up

So i commented on it. Learn how to deal my G 8)

I'm chilling.

You seem irate, though.

Came in here with a lot of frantic energy, jibber jabbering about something you just got put on to.

If that's what you get from his music then nobody can tell you you're wrong for that, but at the same time, there isn't a need to talk down on how he chooses to express himself.

Son aint even listening to what he says, critical of his "look" instead

Of his bars...mad superficial slander that holds NO water to a listener & student

Of lyrics.

I've decided to give this dude a listens since I have been hearing some good things and reading some good reviews about his music. Just wondering should I listen to Reloaded or Marcberg first or does it not really matter?

I've decided to give this dude a listens since I have been hearing some good things and reading some good reviews about his music. Just wondering should I listen to Reloaded or Marcberg first or does it not really matter?

start w/ marcberg then check out reloaded. if you really like what you hear check out his "first" album from his crew the UN - u.n. or you're out.

Last edited:
No I heard his bars the **** sounds outdated and old. Every song posted in here sounds like he's trying to replicate the 90's and keep that old gritty sound. Son ain't saying anything that hasnt been said before in the EXACT same way.

No I heard his bars the **** sounds outdated and old. Every song posted in here sounds like he's trying to replicate the 90's and keep that old gritty sound. Son ain't saying anything that hasnt been said before in the EXACT same way.

That goes to 100% of rappers in general. U just dont like duke, cuz everything you

Saying are generalizations.

How are his bars "old" when there his own? U making no sense b.

How the Hell am i making generalizations?

I listened to the music and straight up the bars aren't anything special. Their is nothing unique to em he isnt saying anything to standout and make me want to hear the song again.

I have no reason not to like dude & simply put his music sound like any generic mid 90's rapper, that what i heard from it. youve made it obvious on this website that you wish hip-hop was still like that 90's era & thats cool like what you like.

But don't sit here and act like his bars are crazy or some super lyrical ****. most of the people who like him are simply put guys who don't want to get into any hiphop that doesn't sound like what they consider the "golden" age

I gave dude a listen and as of right now I prefer Joey Bad***** over dude. I'll give a closer listen to see if I'm correct or not

Back
Top Bottom