Official Roc Maricano Thread - Sound like some authentic 97 NY...

How the Hell am i making generalizations?
I listened to the music and straight up the bars aren't anything special. Their is nothing unique to em he isnt saying anything to standout and make me want to hear the song again.
I have no reason not to like dude & simply put his music sound like any generic mid 90's rapper, that what i heard from it. youve made it obvious on this website that you wish hip-hop was still like that 90's era & thats cool like what you like.
But don't sit here and act like his bars are crazy or some super lyrical ****. most of the people who like him are simply put guys who don't want to get into any hiphop that doesn't sound like what they consider the "golden" age
I respect your opinion but it doesn't seem to be very objective to me. As a fan of rap if you listen to Roc and cannot see that he has amazing bars than I have to question weather you really even appreciate lyricism.
It has nothing to do with "90's" "golden age" or any of that ****, Roc can spit period. Ninjahood isn't the only person who thinks he's amazing.
His music obviously draws influence from the classics but he has a style of his own if you actually listen with an open mind.
If you don't personally feel his music/style is one thing, but saying he doesn't have bars? I'd like to see who you think does.

I gave dude a listen and as of right now I prefer Joey Bad***** over dude. I'll give a closer listen to see if I'm correct or not
I mean I'm all for opinions but Roc and the kid are not even close to 1 in the same.
You comparing a teenager to a dude in his 30's b, Roc's music is far different from an artistic & lyrical standpoint.

How the Hell am i making generalizations?
Huh?
exactly, son wit da WILD assertions.

if you dont value lyricism, then you might as well exit this thread, thats like me trying to tell someone why ZL1 camaro is so dope to a person that doesn't value speed or handling...

in one ear, out da other.
laugh.gif

when meyhem lauren calls a mandatory brunch meeting you attend, you little piece of ****.

Last edited:
most of the people who like him are simply put guys who don't want to get into any hiphop that doesn't sound like what they consider the "golden" age
I'd also like to add that Planet Asia is one of my favorite rappers and his sound is distinct to him.  There's another flaw in your generalization.

I was feelin 76, bally belts, deeper, rocky 2, & snow :smokin I'll have to check out some full projects from him.

Those Timeless Truth tracks were tight too.

"I'm tryna fill a wallet
until it's brolic.
Knob gets polished,
By the most exotic,
**** with promise.
My Benz got leather and oak inside it"

:pimp:

Roc just jumped up to my favorite (living) MC when I late pass purchased Reloaded after hearing him on a few other people's tracks.

Been sleeping. :smh:

And had no idea dude was spitting that tough flow since back when. I remember him from that track "The Heist". I actually had the album it was on and used to put that track on repeat. Good to see him winning. :smokin

Bout to go cop all of his ****.

I'm a big fan of Roc, but you're lying to yourself if you don't acknowledge that his ability to create feelings of nostalgia is his main draw.

His lyrics are good, but nothing spectacular. He also uses the same flow A LOT.

I'm a big fan of Roc, but you're lying to yourself if you don't acknowledge that his ability to create feelings of nostalgia is his main draw.

His lyrics are good, but nothing spectacular. He also uses the same flow A LOT.

I agree he's not breaking new ground and that his flow is kind of throwback, but I can't really say that I'm listening to dude for nostalgia purposes. I'm listening because his rhymes and beats just fit the mood I've been in and he comes across as grimey with meticulous style.

His subject matter is cutthroat, unapologetically felonious and celebratory in the face of his opposition. And unlike a lot of dudes who talk that tough talk and try to dress it up with goofy *** "style", Roc just stabs your ear with daggers. Bottom line is he's believable because dudes who live that life usually don't have to say much to get their point across.

Last edited:
^Ditto. Marciano is a fantastic storyteller. A lot of rappers out really think they can paint pictures and draw you in with vivid details, when they're actually just rapping for the sake of rapping. This is the music you throw the headphones on and kick back, like an audio movie.

I agree he's not breaking new ground and that his flow is kind of throwback, but I can't really say that I'm listening to dude for nostalgia purposes. I'm listening because his rhymes and beats just fit the mood I've been in and he comes across as grimey with meticulous style.

His subject matter is cutthroat, unapologetically felonious and celebratory in the face of his opposition. And unlike a lot of dudes who talk that tough talk and try to dress it up with goofy *** "style", Roc just stabs your ear with daggers. Bottom line is he's believable because dudes who live that life usually don't have to say much to get their point across.

I can't argue with any of that.

But to me, the greatest thing about him is still that vintage feel that you really can't get from anyone else.

The Pimpire Strikes Back will be available for download tomorrow.  For those who didn't know, it's a prequel to his third studio album, Marci-Beaucoup which drops on December 10th.  The tracklist for this is insane!

Back
Top Bottom