:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All good if niners can't trade for him. Best case scenario is skins and cousins still can't come to an agreement and cousins walks next year and hopefully still wants to sign with us after a year of us rebuilding and developing.

I'm not ok with giving up any high picks for a rental. Cousins is still going to look for a big contract. Given who is in charge of contracts that's not likely, so we'd be giving up a possible core piece to have Cousins for a year. I can understand a team like the Broncos doing this because they're Super Bowl ready, we are not.

Edit: I would much rather have the Skins come to a contract agreement then trade him.

Last edited:
I'm not ok with giving up any high picks for a rental. Cousins is still going to look for a big contract. Given who is in charge of contracts that's not likely, so we'd be giving up a possible core piece to have Cousins for a year. I can understand a team like the Broncos doing this because they're Super Bowl ready, we are not.

Edit: I would much rather have the Skins come to a contract agreement then trade him.
I am still lost as to why you think that the Skins putting the exclusive franchise tag on him makes any difference in regard to us trading for him.  Why are you assuming this would be a rental?

Last edited:
Paraag is cheap. He won't offer a deal that Cousins is looking for. If the Skins get him to sign to a contract and we trade for him it takes Paraag out of the picture.

Paraag is cheap. He won't offer a deal that Cousins is looking for. If the Skins get him to sign to a contract and we trade for him it takes Paraag out of the picture.
What contract is he signing with Washington though?  The only reason Cousins might be an option is because he CANT agree to a contract.  He isnt going to sign a contract and then get traded.  The only reason a trade is even talked about is because Cousins and the ******** are not on the same page.

Sorry bro. I am still lost.  lol

Round? Do you mean pick. Because he's a bonafied 1st rounder.
This

He just had a procedure, so I am not exactly sure how healthy he is atm. But he's a top 10 talent in this draft.
Hightower not gettin tagged by pats
nerd.gif
I like him a lot. Dude stays injured, tho. 

Last edited:
I am still lost as to why you think that the Skins putting the exclusive franchise tag on him makes any difference in regard to us trading for him.  Why are you assuming this would be a rental?

I'm really starting to wonder what these guys are thinking too.

IF we were to get Cousins, guys, we'd work out a long term deal beforehand. so that tag wouldn't apply to us. he'd be under contract.

no way a team would trade for a guy with 1 year left. Unless you're N.O. trading for Boogie.

this ain't happening. he'd probably come in under a 5 year deal.

He got the exclusive tag tho so the mandatory compensation is 2, 1st round picks. Maybe in 2018 but this year he's out the question.

He got the exclusive tag tho so the mandatory compensation is 2, 1st round picks. Maybe in 2018 but this year he's out the question.

you have it mixed up. had he got the non exclusive 2, 1st rounders would have been an option for compensation.

you have it mixed up. had he got the non exclusive 2, 1st rounders would have been an option for compensation.
You guys are both wrong.  Cousins got the exclusive tag.  All that means is that the Skins have all the power to negotiate a trade, and Cousins cant seek a contract on his own.  If he did sign an offer sheet with another team, said team would send the Skins 2 first rounders as compensation.   

With the exclusive, it is the Skins job to negotiate terms of a trade.  There is no "forced 2 first rounders" as compensation.  

Last edited:
You guys are both wrong.  Cousins got the exclusive tag.  All that means is that the Skins have all the power to negotiate a trade, and Cousins cant seek a contract on his own.  If he did sign an offer sheet with another team, said team would send the Skins 2 first rounders as compensation.   

With the exclusive, it is the Skins job to negotiate terms of a trade.  There is no "forced 2 first rounders" as compensation.  

not trying to argue, but exactly how am I wrong? I simply stated that with the non exclusive, the compensation would've been apart of the process had he ended up here in SF. i said nothing in regards to him negotiating his own deal. neither did Aaron.

not trying to argue, but exactly how am I wrong? I simply stated that with the non exclusive, the compensation would've been apart of the process had he ended up here in SF. i said nothing in regards to him negotiating his own deal. neither did Aaron.
My bad.  I got all dyslexic and thought I read He had got not had he got.  My fault bro.

Last edited:
Since I really don't want to use the #2 pick on a QB and I don't believe Mahomes will be there in the second, Nate Peterman is slowly becoming my guy.

@22stylez  I'll post my most recent mock that doesn't revolve around a QB at 2 after free agency. There are no redundant players, so it gives a new set of players to watch out for.

C5Xol_8UEAEPe9-.jpg

Last edited:
Since I really don't want to use the #2 pick on a QB and I don't believe Mahomes will be there in the second, Nate Peterman is slowly becoming my guy.

@22stylez
 I'll post my most recent mock that doesn't revolve around a QB at 2 after free agency. There are no redundant players, so it gives a new set of players to watch out for.

C5Xol_8UEAEPe9-.jpg

BomanCelebration.gif

Good stuff. Was waiting for another good read :smokin

See if we can finagle Kaep for one more rodeo because I don't think we want a QB in the first round either way and Matt Shaub ******* sucks

i rather see spuds ******* mackenzie out there throwing for us than have kap back in a niner uniform

Back
Top Bottom