:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn i hope we dont bring in steve smith. saw some people bringing him up to the niners.
sick.gif
would eliminate brandin cooks off the board.
mean.gif

Last edited:

damn i hope we dont bring in steve smith. saw some people bringing him up to the niners.
sick.gif
would eliminate brandin cooks off the board.
mean.gif

Well documented that I am not a college football guy.....but I am on the Brandin Cooks bandwagon.  He looks exactly like the type of player we need.  Kick/Punt returner, burner wide receiver, could execute run plays like Percy Harvin....looks to be the goods.  Whether he develops is another story, but he looks to be just what we need.

Understand just fine pal.  Sure, we need a backup tackle.  There are plenty of backup tackles in the world.  I'd rather not have a guy who:
  • Is the definition of soft
  • Wont stand up for himself
  • Sells out his teammates who, wild or not, were friends
  • will have a media circus following him around
  • doesnt appear to be completely dedicated to football
  • has mental issues

Call me crazy, but thats how I feel.  What I crossed out in your post is completely irrelevant.  It has nothing to do with where he was drafted or what the stipulation of the trade was.  He could have been a non-guaranteed training camp invited free agent and I would have the same opinion.
So I guess people shouldn't be givin a second chance. Bro id be with you if the guy had showed he was a **** multiple times and was a distraction year in year out. But that's not the case the kid is 24 years old and when he was at Stanford never any complaints about work ethic or in Miami. Dude isn't gonna be a distraction as much as you believe he is. Dude deserves a second shot just like Gabbert to be on an NFL roster.

So I guess people shouldn't be givin a second chance. Bro id be with you if the guy had showed he was a **** multiple times and was a distraction year in year out. But that's not the case the kid is 24 years old and when he was at Stanford never any complaints about work ethic or in Miami. Dude isn't gonna be a distraction as much as you believe he is. Dude deserves a second shot just like Gabbert to be on an NFL roster.
I dont disagree with this at all.  Like Jim Harbaugh just stated, everyone deserves an Etch-a-Sketch opportunity......I just prefer it wasn't my team to be the one to give it to him.

I wouldn't mind smith because his track record of durability and his toughness is unmatched.

But we need secondary players 2 In the first 4 picks this years draft I believe will do the trick.

I dont want Steve Smith. Id rather just build through the draft.

Yea because we've shown that we can draft and develop WRs... Besides Crabby we haven't hit on WRs :lol:

:lol:

Steve Smith and Q punkin' DB's would definitely be fun to watch, I personally like Edelman a bit more though. Solid punt returner as well

What wide receivers has trent drafted tho? Quinton Patton, AJ Jenkins and Kyle Williams? Kyle Williams was an average player, Jenkins was a bust and QP looks like he has great potential. We haven't really drafted enough wide receivers under this regime to come to any conclusions.

Last edited:
Im sure revis would like to play for the niners, but that man also wants to get paid alot. No way they pick him up. Better off searching in the draft.

DBs are just getting wildly overpaid everywhere.

Earl Thomas and Sherman, unless they are ultimate team guys, are going to make the seahawks break the bank after seeing how much dudes like whitner and talib are getting. i hope thomas and sherman are extra greedy and demand every single penny they rightfully deserve :evil:

I can see Earl being more reasonable with this deal since he already got paid as a 1st round draft pick, but Sherman is going to cash the !@#$ out. Dude was a 5th round draft pick and is getting paid a total of like 2.2 mil for his 4 years of service. The best CB in the league that was a 5th round draft pick and has an ego as big as he does? Yeah, dude is going to cash the !@$ out. Expect Revis type numbers.

Last edited:
Earl Thomas and Sherman, unless they are ultimate team guys, are going to make the seahawks break the bank after seeing how much dudes like whitner and talib are getting. i hope thomas and sherman are extra greedy and demand every single penny they rightfully deserve
devil.gif
We'll have the money to pay them.

I ain't worried.  

We'll also have the franchise tag for Sherman 2 years from now if we don't get the deal done.

Earl Thomas and Sherman, unless they are ultimate team guys, are going to make the seahawks break the bank after seeing how much dudes like whitner and talib are getting. i hope thomas and sherman are extra greedy and demand every single penny they rightfully deserve :evil:
We'll have the money to pay them.

I ain't worried.  

We'll also have the franchise tag for Sherman 2 years from now if we don't get the deal done.
I hate u and ur over rated *** team

Not one for signing big names in the offseason but I honestly would've loved to rent Revis fer one season. Still the best in the game IMO. Rent a Deion worked to perfection in 94.

Deion definitely was a huuuge addition that year. Luckily we can address all those needs in the draft because each of those positions has a pretty deep pool, but sure would be nice to have a player like deion right now.

Did deion return punts for us? If I remember correctly deion didn't return many punts for us. We had dexter carter and John taylor returning punts and we definitely didn't need any WR help with the goat and JT as our main 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom