Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Heading to Vegas next week but had to pull the trigger on the CW5 6Ks last night before my email code expired. Love my Teal Dragon & Nippon Blue GL3s from them, but this'll be my first Saucony x Bait.

If I get 'em in-hand and don't dig the light-on-dark blue, I may post 'em here for cost plus ship, depending on how I do in Vegas ;-)

Really suprised I'm seeing so many people jump on these. The shoe silhouette is a little weird to me - and the pics on a girls feet don't do them any justice because her legs are so slender.

Does anyone have better pics of them? The colors look washed out. Pretty hard for me to judge.

Really suprised I'm seeing so many people jump on these. The shoe silhouette is a little weird to me - and the pics on a girls feet don't do them any justice because her legs are so slender.

Does anyone have better pics of them? The colors look washed out. Pretty hard for me to judge.

It's the same awesome shadow 6000 silhouette man, what's weird about that? Do you have any shadow 6000s? Or are you not a fan of shadow 6000s in general?

It's the same awesome shadow 6000 silhouette man, what's weird about that? Do you have any shadow 6000s? Or are you not a fan of shadow 6000s in general?
I'm okay with the shadow 6k sihlouette, but because these baits have a black line on the midsole that cuts through it makes the shoe look bulbous to me [ which in turn messes with negative space] and makes them seem much bulkier to me.

I'm okay with the shadow 6k sihlouette, but because these baits have a black line on the midsole that cuts through it makes the shoe look bulbous to me [ which in turn messes with negative space] and makes them seem much bulkier to me.
Black line?  It's navy blue.  If anything, that artificial, painted line cleverly breaks up what is otherwise an extraordinarily chunky, plain midsole and benefits the shoe's overall aesthetic.  As much as I love the shadow 6K, I have a hard time warming up to versions that don't have some sort of design distraction on the midsole (e.g. - multi-coloring, splatter paint speckling, lines).  Frankly, I think it does the exact opposite of what you're saying and makes the shoe appear more streamlined which, truth be told, I feel is the intended purpose behind its inclusion.  See Premier and their LOM pack.        

Last edited:
Non edited photo of pair that a buddy took, and picked up for me
nthat.gif
Very interesting possible thing to note from this pic: check out the colors of the midsoles of each shoe... maybe it's just the lighting or the camera, but the one on the right (which looks to be the right shoe) has a white midsole, while the one on the left is showing a frost blue midsole. Wonder if there's a lateral/medial asymmetry on the midsoles? In the official pics I've seen, the forefoot midsole looks white while the heel midsole looks frost, and that difference between them was the only way I could discern the actual color of the shoe.

Anyway, anyone w/ them in hand, please let me know what exactly is up w/ the midsole, please!

I feel you. I never used to like running shoes at all it was just something about them but last year though. Saucony pulled me into the scene. They murdered the game last year, couldn't stop copping man. As for the 6000's they are my favorite, don't sleep cop a cheap pair you'll see why we love em.

Very interesting possible thing to note from this pic: check out the colors of the midsoles of each shoe... maybe it's just the lighting or the camera, but the one on the right (which looks to be the right shoe) has a white midsole, while the one on the left is showing a frost blue midsole. Wonder if there's a lateral/medial asymmetry on the midsoles? In the official pics I've seen, the forefoot midsole looks white while the heel midsole looks frost, and that difference between them was the only way I could discern the actual color of the shoe.

Anyway, anyone w/ them in hand, please let me know what exactly is up w/ the midsole, please!

I've seen the same in filtered pics I don't know if they are white or that frosty blue.

I feel you. I never used to like running shoes at all it was just something about them but last year though. Saucony pulled me into the scene. They murdered the game last year, couldn't stop copping man. As for the 6000's they are my favorite, don't sleep cop a cheap pair you'll see why we love em.
I agree man.  I hadn't worn Sauconys since the late 90s.  Last year I got back into runners.  Some air max.  Copped the JJWatt Megawatts.  Then I saw Saucony was putting together some nice collabs.  Started copping and they do not disappoint.  Plus for the summer its all runners for me.

I agree man.  I hadn't worn Sauconys since the late 90s.  Last year I got back into runners.  Some air max.  Copped the JJWatt Megawatts.  Then I saw Saucony was putting together some nice collabs.  Started copping and they do not disappoint.  Plus for the summer its all runners for me.

True. They even provide heat through their normal line, it's crazy, it is my favorite brand now. I've sold ds Jordans just to cop multiple pairs of Sauconys, my girl thinks I'm crazy but a new pair came in yesterday who wants some, yeah.

Pic at BAIT today. Way cleaner than I imagined. Perforated toebox was lacking tho. Would've made it unstoppable.
I was on the fence on this and ended up buying it; seeing this pic solidifies I made a good choice. Looking closer, you're right, a perf'd toebox woulda added a lot of character.

I was on the fence on this and ended up buying it; seeing this pic solidifies I made a good choice. Looking closer, you're right, a perf'd toebox woulda added a lot of character.

It actually kinda looks like the navy wrap around the toebox is perf'd, doesn't it? Wouldn't make any practical sense, but it would look kinda cool aesthetically.

These shoes are a friggin' mystery... I'm more intrigued now then before I placed my order, lol

both Aqua side panels are perf' for the toe box and the heel ones as well from what I see. This shoe is sick. Glad it's my first pair.

Yall going with the Aqua laces ( I am) or leaving in? Or maybe someone with rope laces although I don't like ropes on shoes that aren't Asics branded

Back
Top Bottom