Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Wow, the toe wrap really is perforated! That's pretty cool. I really can't wait for these to come in. Too bad I won't have 'em before I go to Vegas this week.

Just passed up bidding on a VVNDS pair of the wool DXN Lodge Pack on ebay, because I got gun-shy on the sizing at the last minute and didn't have time to see if I could get away w/ going .5 down. They sold at the last second w/ one bid for $110 shipped. Someone lucked up.

Anyone know if they'll pop up for retail again? Someone said about a week after they dropped that Saucony didn't sell out of 'em, but pulled them from the site to spread out to retailers. Any truth to that?

so just when i went to cop the mints from sneaker head last night i saw they were sold out… so I'm still looking for them for retail
nerd.gif
 as in the 80 bucks lol if anyone can help id appreciate it
nthat.gif

Just got my Bait CW5's and very underwhelmed.

Sadly the quality is still a bit subpar (glue everywhere and and one of my toeboxes has a stain on it).

Also, sizing runs slightly larger, so sizing .5 down would have been recommended.

Guess these are going back...

Sadly the quality is still a bit subpar (glue everywhere and and one of my toeboxes has a stain on it).

Also, sizing runs slightly larger, so sizing .5 down would have been recommended.

I don't think you can return them. I thought it said no refunds on the ordering page? I hope I'm entirely wrong though.

Nothing surprising here.  IMO, Saucony quality cannot justify a $150 price tag.

All Bait collabs are bad quality imo, I've never been impressed by any of them

Throw that ooop to a nt member somebody wants them out there

I don't think you can return them. I thought it said no refunds on the ordering page? I hope I'm entirely wrong though.
Shot Bait an email; we'll see what they say. I've never had any customer service issues with them before, always been pretty cool and helpful. Guess that's why I keep going back to them.

Dang Is it really that bad? Idk I seen Jordan's with those small stuff and paid more.

I wouldn't mind it much remember it's mass produced

Last edited:
Dang Is it really that bad? Idk I seen Jordan's with those small stuff and paid more.

I'll reserve judgement until I receive my pair.

I just remember that most of these people complaining about quality are the same people who have no problem dropping the same amount of money or more on Dunks and Jordan's and don't say a thing.

Collabs take an otherwise cheap model and add some features and (in this case) donations to a cause, and charge quite a bit more. I expect the QA to be a bit more stringent compared to GR's.

I'm not generally that picky or hard to please, and since I do wear my shoes, I can tolerate some issues, but sometimes I do get irked and want to see what the store/manufacturer will do. Worst case, they tell me to pound sand and I have to suck it up and take future business elsewhere. Best case, I can return it and still continue to shop there in the future.

I just remember that most of these people complaining about quality are the same people who have no problem dropping the same amount of money or more on Dunks and Jordan's and don't say a thing.
Eh, the declining quality despite increasing price is the exact a reason I quit buying expensive retros.  I can look past it on a pair of inexpensive Saucony GR's, but not the collabs.  Either improve QC or stop charging a premium.

I'll reserve judgement until I receive my pair.

Ha, I know what you mean, but I'm definitely not one of those people. In the Jordan retro threads, you have guys complaining about the littlest things, as if the shoes need to be hand painted/sewn and put through a 100 person quality assurance line.

I also "complain" on the forums as a PSA to other NT'ers who want that input. It's good we have this outlet to let others know our experiences.

Sucks to hear. These releases are usually inconsistent and some people get perfect flawless pairs while others get trashed pairs. Fingers crossed on mine. 

Thinking about selling my green lucanids... I've never worn them and I'm not sure I ever will lol

Back
Top Bottom