Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

I would assume they will only provide a limited amount of choices to choose from. Probably like 3 models to choose from, 3 different types of materials, 3 colorways, etc. and tested/experimented with every possible option so there's no "bad" design. That's the only way I could think of to avoid a terrible overall shoe and trolls.
That's how I'm reading it. It's basically giving all their fans and customers THE vote during each step of their deisgn and decision-making process. It's going to be really cool to see how it all comes together, and if tehy keep everyone informed of the background stuff (production delays, numbers of pairs to be produced, shipping updates from overseas, etc.) it could be a really eye-opening look at how all of these collabs come together. 

Or it could turn into this
Isn't that the Feature Pumpkin?

tongue.gif

Via Extra Butter's Instagram:
[h1]We are proud to formally announce that the “For The People” social design experiment, is an official collaboration between Extra Butter, Saucony and YOU!

Inspired by the democratic voting system, for the first time in collaboration history, the entire creative and design process will be entirely governed by the public via social media. Throughout the next upcoming weeks, we will be posting options for various elements of the shoe design, where people will cast their votes in the comment section of each respective post.

Stay tuned for more info and be prepared to speak your voice!

#ExtraButter  #SauconyOriginals  #EBFTP
[/h1]
im excited.. Really dope idea

Hey guys new to Saucony i picked up my first pair of GR shadows not too long ago but I was wondering where are i guess "special" pairs like these to be had from? I know the first pair in this pack the mints just released but I didn''t pay to much attention to them. Also the GR i got was only 70 what are these pricing wise? Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

Hey guys new to Saucony i picked up my first pair of GR shadows not too long ago but I was wondering where are i guess "special" pairs like these to be had from? I know the first pair in this pack the mints just released but I didn''t pay to much attention to them. Also the GR i got was only 70 what are these pricing wise? Thanks in advance guys.
Super vague questions that would take an essay to fully cover.  You've been around long enough you can't be THAT clueless.  I suggest you start on page 1, then skip ahead as you get more familiar.

Last edited:

Super vague questions that would take an essay to fully cover.  You've been around long enough you can't be THAT clueless.  I suggest you start on page 1, then skip ahead as you get more familiar.
well damn this community isn't all that inviting I see. 

The pair you pictured will most likely start out as a Saucony.com exclusive here in the US with the potential of going to boutiques with decent Saucony accounts (Packer Shoes, Extra Butter, Etc.). The pair you pictured will most likely be around the $120 mark like the first pair in the "pack."

The pair you pictured will most likely start out as a Saucony.com exclusive here in the US with the potential of going to boutiques with decent Saucony accounts (Packer Shoes, Extra Butter, Etc.). The pair you pictured will most likely be around the $120 mark like the first pair in the "pack."
thank you, with time i'll learn the ins and outs of the Saucony world but you gotta start somewhere. Thanks for the guidance. 

well damn this community isn't all that inviting I see. 
I'm just saying that Saucony is a brand that has been around and has been doing collabs for a long time.  It would certainly help if you gave yourself a little history lesson like I and many others have when we were turned on to the brand more recently.  Even if you just went back a few pages you'd find information on the shoes you pictured.  Don't mean to come off harsh, just being honest.

I'm just saying that Saucony is a brand that has been around and has been doing collabs for a long time.  It would certainly help if you gave yourself a little history lesson like I and many others have when we were turned on to the brand more recently.  Even if you just went back a few pages you'd find information on the shoes you pictured.  Don't mean to come off harsh, just being honest.
With the saturation of shoes on the market its easy to overlook many brands and shoe models. I'll be honest regardless of the amount of collabs and etc Saucony has done or will do, before that shoe i posted or the one gr shadow i have caught my eye, Saucony was "just another brand". But as I branch out from Nike/JB/Asics if i grow to like the brand as a whole so too will my knowledge of it as well naturally. If it simply comes down to just liking these two shoes then maybe it won't. Either way you have to start somewhere you know? 

With the saturation of shoes on the market its easy to overlook many brands and shoe models. I'll be honest regardless of the amount of collabs and etc Saucony has done or will do, before that shoe i posted or the one gr shadow i have caught my eye, Saucony was "just another brand". But as I branch out from Nike/JB/Asics if i grow to like the brand as a whole so too will my knowledge of it as well naturally. If it simply comes down to just liking these two shoes then maybe it won't. Either way you have to start somewhere you know? 
No doubt.  I only started buying Saucony kicks about a year ago, but the first thing I did was start on page 1 of this thread and read until I caught up.  Like you, I was buying primarily Nike and JB.  Since then I don't think I have bought a single one and even sold off several to fund my Saucony "habit."  Now my sneaker rotation is ~75% Saucony and I'm always looking for some of the older classic collabs.

Repped for answering the dude's question without flaming him for no reason.

Yeah, as he said Saucony will drop them on their site. The Mint Chips dropped a day or two earlier overseas, though, so if you're quick and don't mind paying a bit more you can try them. Retail here in the US should be $120, and they should be pretty easy to get if you're ready at 11am ET on May 15. At least, 11am is when the Mint Chips dropped. Your best best is to follow @SauconyOriginals on twitter and instagram. CopTheseKicks should have the links for them ready the day or two before they drop. The Strawberries should be an easier cop than the Mints because:

A) Mint's been a mad-popular color lately

B) Some dudes just aren't comfortable enough in their own skin to rock any pink

The Scoops pack was originally meant to be a collab pack with a boutique in NJ that went under, so Saucony decided to release them as a limited exclusive.

Most of Saucony's GRs are basic mid-level quality, though they've had some great CWs lately that have replicated previous collabs.

Every season or so they'll release a pack that's somewhat more limited but of higher-quality materials, like perf-toed suede and whatnot. They tend to run $20-30 more than the regular GRs.

Sizing can be a bit hinky on Saucony's, like the opposite of Asics runners. Some models will be true to your normal Nike size, but some you'll want to go 1/2 size smaller. I get Shadow 6ks and G9 Shadow 6s 1/2 smaller, for example.

You have any other Q's, PM me. Don't feel ostracized here because of one bad response to ya. This is actually one of my favorite threads on NT because it's (almost) always mad chill and doesn't move 5 pages an hour. Stick around, you'll like it.

And enjoy getting into Sauconys. They're phenomenal.

Last edited:
How many of ya'll going to go the second part of the Scoops pack? I want to but I don't know, the colorways seems fire for a pink colorway. It would be my first Saucony. I would've copped the the mint joints but I already have mint shoes so I didn't see the point.

How many of ya'll going to go the second part of the Scoops pack? I want to but I don't know, the colorways seems fire for a pink colorway. It would be my first Saucony. I would've copped the the mint joints but I already have mint shoes so I didn't see the point.
passing on them. G9 and 5k look odd together. @ThreeGeees  brought that to my attention. and he's right. proportion is funky.

color is sick though.

Back
Top Bottom