Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

smh.gif
this offense...

^ The offense is sooo bad that you were forced to quote yourself?
laugh.gif

But I feel ya... its really frustrating...

Interestingly enough, looks like they're trying to lengthen Morrow's workload... interesting to see how he does in the rotation...

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Got money on this game...
laugh.gif
I'm jinxing the M's left and right...It ain't over yet though.

ARGH... yes, stop it!
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Went to the game, ton of fun talking smack with those loser O fans. Can't believe people still root for the O's, they'll NEVER win in thatdivision.

Great game all around, I liked what I saw.

EXCEPT...
-Yuni looks bad out there. What a bum. Wak should just bench him for the year.
-Beltre continues to swing at those outside breaking balls. Simply ******ed at this point
-Wlad is horrible. Get rid of him.

Unless tomorrow's game is rescheduled for rain, that could be the last time I see Junior play in person. Horrible last memory, if that's the case. Dudelooks out of shape and has horrid bat speed.

4.5 games back, 1 game back of the halos. the division is up for grabs. texas ain't that good, LA ain't that good.

^ always a good thing to be able to take advantage of everyone's losses.

I dunno if "texas ain't that good" yet, but no doubt they're struggling. But so is Jr.
frown.gif

EDIT ~ I also came across this in the 'Times blog...

By the way, on Yuniesky Betancourt, he apparently went in -- on his own -- to see manager Don Wakamatsu today to talk about why he'd been benched the past four games. Wakamatsu laid it all out for him -- the part about having to show up to play every day, about joining his teammates for workouts. Both men had plenty to say to each other.

Wakamatsu said he came away feeling Betancourt had a better understanding of what was expected of him.

Which begged the follow-up question I asked: What the heck was stopping Betancourt from getting this message the first two months of the season? After all, it's been preached since the start of spring training four months ago.

"I think what some players are accustomed to might not fit into our coaching philosophy,'' he said. "We have a lot of work to do. Obviously offensively and to maintain and continue to improve defensively. We're at a point in the season where we have to maintain that and continue to improve. I think it's more for the education more than anything. It's not a defiant thing, or that we're trying to ask more of any particular player. I think a lot of guys are working hard. It's just our job to maintain the integrity of that.''

So what happened? Was he skipping practice or something?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

there was a voluntary batting practice that yuni skipped, others went. what an idiot.

You've got to be $#!7ing me... really? That fool.
smh.gif
That guy needs to learn a thing or two about 'work-ethic' from Ichiro...
smh.gif

Let's close out this series and get back to .500. Also, of course, yes; Yuni is an idiot for skipping that vol. batting practice.

As for Dustin Ackley, all I know is that he's from UNC and has a college career .410 batting average. Wow, the M's used the first couple of picks onbats; especially high school kids.

From the News Tribune

Think Ken Griffey Jr. has helped erase any clubhouse tension for Ichiro Suzuki this season? When Ichiro laid on the floor in front of his locker to begin stretching Wednseday, Junior jumped atop him and began tickling him. Everyone - including Ichiro - got a good laugh.

Lol, what is up with Jr. and tickling!?

Back to .500... heading in the right direction...

Originally Posted by DsLee559

As for Dustin Ackley, all I know is that he's from UNC and has a college career .410 batting average. Wow, the M's used the first couple of picks on bats; especially high school kids.
I've heard him being compared to Darin Erstad and Chase Utley...always been a fan of Erstad but yeah..Kids got potential..hope he comesthrough
pimp.gif

The O is picking up a bit...can we maintain this?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

From the News Tribune

Think Ken Griffey Jr. has helped erase any clubhouse tension for Ichiro Suzuki this season? When Ichiro laid on the floor in front of his locker to begin stretching Wednseday, Junior jumped atop him and began tickling him. Everyone - including Ichiro - got a good laugh.
Lol, what is up with Jr. and tickling!?

Back to .500... heading in the right direction...

I know the best move for this teams future is to trade away most of their guys, but wouldn't that be something if they somehow pulled together a string ofgames like back in '95. That would be wild.

blew it
smh.gif
...we were doing good when I wasnt posting....I come back and this @*%# happens
frown.gif

Looking back at their past 10 games, its been win 2 lose 1, win 2 lose 1... I guess looking at the big picture, that wouldn't be a bad season...

that's it, get rid of everyone.
-Yuni
-Lopez
-Cedeno (LOL he shouldn't even be in the big leagues)
-Wlad
-Endy
-Beltre
-Griffey (
frown.gif
)
-Washburn
-Rob 'AWFUL' Johnson
-Lowe
-Silva
-Batista
-Bedard

I'M SO %@#&$%*$ SICK OF THIS ORGANIZATION. THIS BALLCLUB. THIS FRONT OFFICE.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

that's it, get rid of everyone.
-Griffey (
frown.gif
)

I'M SO %@#&$%*$ SICK OF THIS ORGANIZATION. THIS BALLCLUB. THIS FRONT OFFICE.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
dude he's horrible. no sane mariners fan wants to continue batting jr. fourth, let alone get three to four at-bats a game. dude is my favorite playerever, nostalgia was nice but honestly he is horrible. out of shape. dead bat speed. just let him get on the coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom