Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

This is when our impatient offense will bite us in the #$@......Mariners have played like this for the past couple years...I just hold up that the offenseholds up during the season

yep. that idiot yuni swinging at the first pitch no matter where it is. beltre continuing to swing and miss badly at outside breaking balls. lopez, ichiro...all these guys are continuing their bad habits, wak needs to really work on getting people to work the count. there is no way edwin jackson is THAT good.

going to the game today
pimp.gif

Seriously man the 3 worst players on the M's roster are as follows 1. Miguel Craptista 2. Yuni Fatencourt 3. Fat Silva. I ALWAYS see these 3 blow games, weneed to ship them out asap

horrible game, and this 'may' be the real mariners we see all year. i hate to say it but junior looks like crap at the plate. lopez still sucks. yunisucks. beltre sucks (offensively). gutierrez sucks (offensively). offense is abysmal looking right now, luckily the AL West blows.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

horrible game, and this 'may' be the real mariners we see all year. i hate to say it but junior looks like crap at the plate. lopez still sucks. yuni sucks. beltre sucks (offensively). gutierrez sucks (offensively). offense is abysmal looking right now, luckily the AL West blows.

Hold your horses bud. That's a little to extreme on the pessimism side. You have to remember that the season is still very very early and the hitting willmost likely come around especially for guys like Lopez and even Griff. He's a savvy vet and he'll make his way back around.

With everyone else you mentioned there offensive outlook is probably weak for the long term, but a very overlooked aspect, especially in baseball, is teamdefense. There defense is great and when you have Hernandez and Bedard at the head of your rotation, you don't exactly have to score 5 runs a game.

This division is really weak thus far and will be all year IMO. The Angels will make their run once they get their pitchers back so the best bet for theMariners is to get as far out ahead as they can to give them a better chance.

KEEP YOUR HEADS UP! Come on, just be patient...don't go bashing the M's already. We're still first in the AL West, and we have Tampa Bay next. Calmdown.

i'm calm. i just see the facts.
laugh.gif

this is the beltre we've had for the past 3-4 seasons. a guy who for some reason doesn't start hitting until we're out of contention. yuni whoswings at EVERYTHING, no patience at the plate. we could throw balls like the cincinnati mayor and he'd swing. junior's bat speed has slowed downtremendously. sweeney's too. hopefully we can get back into a groove but facing the rays isn't exactly what we needed. we need to continue our smallball offense that wak started using earlier in the season.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Season over.
laugh.gif

Now that we have come down to Earth. I will be intrigued to see what adjustments should be made from hear on out

From the 'Times... I'd love see pics of "Judge Mo' Money"...
laugh.gif
The Mariners held their kangaroo court before Sunday's game, with Judge Ken Griffey Jr. presiding.

What a sight it was - Griffey was wearing a black robe on which was embroidered "Judge Mo' Money." He had a gaudy gold "24" medallion around his neck and was wielding a gavel.

"I've been around the game a long time; I haven't seen anyone that fancy," Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu said. "He was decked out. He had everything. It was great."

The entire team crammed into the small interview room that Wakamatsu uses to meet the media after games. The session lasted about an hour, with Mike Sweeney helping to mete out the fines. It was just another example of the chemistry this team is trying to build.

"From day one of spring training, we've been trying to make sure we stay together as a club," Wakamatsu said. "Not that I'm a big meeting guy, but interacting even outside the games is important. Sweeney and Griffey and Adrian [Beltre] and [Jarrod] Washburn and all those guys have helped bring everyone closer."

sheeeeeesh, our 3 and 4 hitters are hitting in the .190's. HORRID. please for the love of god mix up the lineup.

some thoughts:
-GET BELTRE OUT OF THE CLEANUP SPOT. caps for emphasis. i cannot believe we've given this guy so many chances high in the order. he will not stay away fromthe outside breaking ball and leaves a %@#@%load of runners stranded.
-yuni played a lot better after some of those pathetic outings he's had lately.
-washburn is 3-0 with a 1.71 era. dude is playing lights out baseball right now, probably our most consistent pitcher thus far.
-rob johnson seems to be handling the situation well, it'll be interesting to see how joh plays when he returns.
-junior looking pretty bad at the plate, hitting under .190. our 3 and 4 hitters can't get on base to save their lives.
-aardsma and morrow are a great duo. will be fun to see what happens once josh fields is ready for major league ball.

Back
Top Bottom