:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I just got some cdp 3s, and they need some help. If anybody could help or give suggestions on what I could do to make them look good please let me know or feelfree to write in my inbox, thanks

quick question,

I used RIT Whitener and Brightener on the mesh on some concord 11s...

I did scrub the mesh with laundry detergent and water after wards but the green residue is still there

I just want to know if im doing it right.

Thanks.

kingofkingz- get a mr clean magic eraser for the back tabs of the iii's. it will clean up the marks on them and then afterwards just touch-up the jumpmanand 'air' with white angelus paint.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

kingofkingz- get a mr clean magic eraser for the back tabs of the iii's. it will clean up the marks on them and then afterwards just touch-up the jumpman and 'air' with white angelus paint.

thanks alot!!!!!! U kno where I could get angelus glue from tho?

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

So I have begun my indoor sea glow experiment. Here are some pics of my progress and i will be updating. I have followed the steps from the ISS thread on how to do it but i am not seeing the results that i would like. When i sea glowed outside under the sun i got amazing results. Now i am getting hardly anything. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE. ANYTHING WOULD HELP. Here is my setup and some before and after from stage 1: Stealths....BEFORE DURING..... AFTER..... Grapes....BEFORE DURING..... AFTER......

It seems it did work, the seaglow reacts with heat so I'd say a few more coats and they should be good. But one suggestion I still see
dirt in the soles, give it a good cleaning for better results.

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

Out of the 3 RIT products, which one normally tends to do the best job on whitening the mesh? I just bought some Concords for a very good price (IMO) and the mesh has few stains on it. Here is a link to the listing which also has photos of the stains:

http://www.%+*%$%%!!!#@@.com/forums/mp_item.php?id=29061
this product
img6549wp4.jpg

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

I just got a pair of Stealth V's, but the sole in the front of the shoe by the toe area is kinda yellowed.

url
url

Anybody know a way to whiten them?

only way is repainting or sand papering. but i doubt you wanna do that.

So I have begun my indoor sea glow experiment. Here are some pics of my progress and i will be updating. I have followed the steps from the ISS thread on how to do it but i am not seeing the results that i would like. When i sea glowed outside under the sun i got amazing results. Now i am getting hardly anything. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE. ANYTHING WOULD HELP.
you do know that the post said it could take up to a WEEK til you get good results. And yeah, you gotta leave it under the light overnight. Wonderhow the energy bill would be just for some shoes.

Originally Posted by kingofkingz

I just got some cdp 3s, and they need some help. If anybody could help or give suggestions on what I could do to make them look good please let me know or feel free to write in my inbox, thanks
Repaint the only way to make them look good.

Originally Posted by infamous54

quick question,

I did scrub the mesh with laundry detergent and water after wards but the green residue is still there

Thanks.
try using the product i mentioned above instead of the whitener

Originally Posted by ntngman

It seems it did work, the seaglow reacts with heat so I'd say a few more coats and they should be good. But one suggestion I still see

sorry to burst your bubble but seaglow DOES NOT react to heat. It's activated by the sun's UV rays.

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

Out of the 3 RIT products, which one normally tends to do the best job on whitening the mesh? I just bought some Concords for a very good price (IMO) and the mesh has few stains on it. Here is a link to the listing which also has photos of the stains:

http://www.%+*%$%%!!!#@@.com/forums/mp_item.php?id=29061
this product
img6549wp4.jpg

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

I just got a pair of Stealth V's, but the sole in the front of the shoe by the toe area is kinda yellowed.

url
url

Anybody know a way to whiten them?

only way is repainting or sand papering. but i doubt you wanna do that.

So I have begun my indoor sea glow experiment. Here are some pics of my progress and i will be updating. I have followed the steps from the ISS thread on how to do it but i am not seeing the results that i would like. When i sea glowed outside under the sun i got amazing results. Now i am getting hardly anything. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE. ANYTHING WOULD HELP.
you do know that the post said it could take up to a WEEK til you get good results. And yeah, you gotta leave it under the light overnight. Wonder how the energy bill would be just for some shoes.

Originally Posted by kingofkingz

I just got some cdp 3s, and they need some help. If anybody could help or give suggestions on what I could do to make them look good please let me know or feel free to write in my inbox, thanks
Repaint the only way to make them look good.

Originally Posted by infamous54

quick question,

Thanks.
try using the product i mentioned above instead of the whitener

sorry to burst your bubble but seaglow DOES NOT react to heat. It's activated by the sun's UV rays.

Sorry Dr. Dork my mistake

My military iv's blue part is chipping a bit. I want to repaint I'm not sure which paint to buy to get that color. Help plz?

How is one light being plugged in gonna effect the electric bill. lol i dont understand. there is a million lights on what is one more? do they suck energy orsomething

How is one light being plugged in gonna effect the electric bill. lol i dont understand. there is a million lights on what is one more? do they suck energy or something
i dont normally leave my lights on 24hrs.you need that to seaglow ...

Sorry Dr. Dork my mistake
hahaha, real mature kid. I just couldnt help correcting you because you were giving out false information. can't let that happen now, can we?

Originally Posted by YungVC

My military iv's blue part is chipping a bit. I want to repaint I'm not sure which paint to buy to get that color. Help plz?

angelus paint

How is one light being plugged in gonna effect the electric bill. lol i dont understand. there is a million lights on what is one more? do they suck energy or something
Its 2 fluorescent bulbs that is on a fixture. But they are more "energy efficient" than incandescent bulbs. But obviously, if you leavethat on for 24 HOURS. its gonna affect your electricity bill. especially since its almost a weeks worth of process. But unless you live in a condo orapartment, and you pay flat rates for bills, then its a different story.

can dried seaglow cause cracks this is the only part that is cracked on both shoes an they have the same amount of firmness on that spot on both shoesexcept this side is crack'n and can i put a small layer of glue over that area to stop the chippn or should i just cut my loses n sell sell sell
IMG_0286.JPG

Originally Posted by Error on page

can dried seaglow cause cracks this is the only part that is cracked on both shoes an they have the same amount of firmness on that spot on both shoes except this side is crack'n and can i put a small layer of glue over that area to stop the chippn or should i just cut my loses n sell sell sell
either my computer is trippin or i cant see the picture you posted.
but yeah, nobody really "experimented" if leftover seaglow causes cracks on the midsole. but from my experience and everybody that i know seaglows,neither of i and they have encountered that. i know seaglow has to be some sort of oil based formula. so i HIGHLY doubt it caused your shoes to crack. i leftsome seaglow residue on the midsole of my VIs before after i seaglowed then stored it for 2 days, then looked at it and saw the seaglow residue still there, ijust wiped it clean. no damage at all.

can dried seaglow cause cracks this is the only part that is cracked on both shoes an they have the same amount of firmness on that spot on both shoes except this side is crack'n and can i put a small layer of glue over that area to stop the chippn or should i just cut my loses n sell sell sell
but yeah, nobody really "experimented" if leftover seaglow causes cracks on the midsole. but from my experience and everybody that i know seaglows, neither of i and they have encountered that. i know seaglow has to be some sort of oil based formula. so i HIGHLY doubt it caused your shoes to crack. i left some seaglow residue on the midsole of my VIs before after i seaglowed then stored it for 2 days, then looked at it and saw the seaglow residue still there, i just wiped it clean. no damage at all.

thanks for the response. i guess a better question would be is there a possibility that the paint is dry n old and could be crackn were the shoe receives themost pressure instead of the midsole material startn to crumble. wut do u think?

but yeah, nobody really "experimented" if leftover seaglow causes cracks on the midsole. but from my experience and everybody that i know seaglows, neither of i and they have encountered that. i know seaglow has to be some sort of oil based formula. so i HIGHLY doubt it caused your shoes to crack. i left some seaglow residue on the midsole of my VIs before after i seaglowed then stored it for 2 days, then looked at it and saw the seaglow residue still there, i just wiped it clean. no damage at all.

thanks for the response. i guess a better question would be is there a possibility that the paint is dry n old and could be crackn were the shoe receives the most pressure instead of the midsole material startn to crumble. wut do u think?

np. Yeah that could be the possibilty, all depends on how old the material is and how it was stored and worn. Anythings possible when it comes down to midsolescracking.

Just got the silver 1/2 cents, im not going to wear them until the snow is gone. So how do I keep them from yellowing until then?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Just got the silver 1/2 cents, im not going to wear them until the snow is gone. So how do I keep them from yellowing until then?
keep them in the box, ziplock them, leave the box in a room where the temp. doesnt go up and down. silca packs, the whole nine.

So does keeping shoes in a Ziploc dry out shoes? I recently got some huarache 2k5,alpha blue 1's, and Bo Jackson's. So would it be a good idea to zipthem up or just leave them in the box?

my 99 black/red ivs have a slight midsole crack on the air bubble. are these still fine to wear? I looked through the thread but there seems to be no answeron how to fix midsole cracks. is there any glue that can be used, would supper glue work?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

So does keeping shoes in a Ziploc dry out shoes? I recently got some huarache 2k5,alpha blue 1's, and Bo Jackson's. So would it be a good idea to zip them up or just leave them in the box?
well yeah ziplock DOES dry out the material so be cautious. I was thinking that the penny 1/2 cent doesnt have any foam type material that couldcause the shoe to crack or anything. but i could be wrong. But leaving them ziplock or not is all based on personal preference. but if the material isntanything like the IIIs & IVs midsole then you should be fine leaving them inside a ziplock

Originally Posted by BallinB

my 99 black/red ivs have a slight midsole crack on the air bubble. are these still fine to wear? I looked through the thread but there seems to be no answer on how to fix midsole cracks. is there any glue that can be used, would supper glue work?
yeah they should still hold up, just be cautious when wearing them. dont do any heavy activities or anything to make them worse. i totally forgotwhat glue to use for air bubbles, but dont use super glue. use something flexible and clear.

Back
Top Bottom